PDA

View Full Version : Armscor 12 gauge pump action shotgun?

AmesJainchill
August 16, 2007, 08:43 AM
I read a review of this shotgun by, IIRC Guns Tests magazine.

It's $120 and holds 6+1 cartridges and can handle 3" shells.

http://www.gun-tests.com/sample/self_defense_shotguns.html

Their complaints were:
1) The finish was blued and was too shiny. They referenced it being more visible to bad guys and making it harder for you to see. Which means bad guys will spot you. Now, since most people's plan in case of home invasion is to hunker down in their bedroom, this doesn't seem like a problem. Also, wouldn't this be a problem with all blued steel firearms?

2) The safety didn't work well. Fair complaint, but I can see how it wouldn't matter in some cases.

3) The recoil pad was insufficient. That's easily remedied with an aftermarket pad of some kind, isn't it? Besides, for home defense use, you won't be firing long strings of shots like if you were target shooting or skeet shooting.

They also remarked on various features that seem to me to mean that the gun is not well-constructed. Is that true?

oletymer
August 16, 2007, 09:00 AM
A new $120 pump shotgun not well made. Take a wild guess. These are cheap guns made in the Phillipines I believe. For around $200 you can get a Remington Express or Mossberg that are proven, reliable guns. For self defense don"t take a chance on these super cheap imports.