PDA

View Full Version : Arrizabalaga

VermontFrank
August 14, 2007, 06:00 AM
Can someone please give me some info about this maker? How do I find the date of manufacture of a particular serial number? I read that all of Arrizabalaga's guns are "best" - is this true? I've seen used prices for 12 gauge guns ranging from about $3000. to $8000. and cannot figure out why the spread. Condition seems to be about the same. Are there different grades? Arrizabalaga's website doesnn't help and they have not answered my inquiries. Thanks.

K80Geoff
August 14, 2007, 07:02 AM
They are a small maker of high quality double shotguns. From their website they make two types of doubles, one based on the Holland and Holland sidelock mechanism and another based on the Scottish round body trigger plate action. Both types are considered "Best" guns and require a lot of handwork to make.

Small makers like this cater to an upscale market and definitely are not Beretta or Remington. Probably produce only a few guns each year that are made to individual orders.

Difference in price depends on the work that went into the gun, engraving, inlays, wood etc.

Guns in this category are like works of art. Trying to treat them as mass produced prints just is not appropriate.

I cannot find an importer listed for them. That is usually the best way to get info as to when the gun was made etc.

johnbt
August 14, 2007, 09:47 AM
www.williamlarkinmoore.com/arrizabalaga.html

The 2006 price list shows $17000 plus options.

John