PDA

View Full Version : I have this cannon can anyone tell me about it?

megabyte
July 17, 2007, 11:32 AM
I have this small cannon weighs 9.5lbs its 8-3/4" long with a small fuse hole. I think its a signal cannon but im not sure any thoughts?
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb150/megabyte29/cannon002.jpg

James K
July 17, 2007, 01:02 PM
You have too many "http"s in your URL, but I did manage to look at the cannon. I think it is safe to say it is not a signal gun (they are usually a lot bigger and have a mount) or anything made for a serious purpose. It is probably a one-off turned out for fun, possibly by a youngster in a trade school machineshop.

Note that there is no way to mount it, or even to attach it to a stock of any kind.

Here is the picture:

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb150/megabyte29/cannon002.jpg

Jim

Jim Watson
July 17, 2007, 02:28 PM
Agree.
Friend of mine has one similar only better made with flanged muzzle and cascabel knob... but he could not figure out how to make the trunnions.

megabyte
July 17, 2007, 03:04 PM
Would it sit in a cradle? or could it be used as a portible weapon? Because like you I have noticed there is no metal holders which is common on cannons to be mounted to wooden holders.

James K
July 18, 2007, 10:52 PM
In the real world, the trunions (the round crosspieces that support the cannon on the carriage and allow it to be raised and lowered) were cast as part of the barrel. But that would be beyond my hypothetical high school student, so they were left off.

Jim

megabyte
July 19, 2007, 08:35 AM
I have seen no trunions before in other cannons. This is why I think its a signal cannon as it doesnt matter about the elevation or aiming it. Could it be mounted into a wall as a shotgun. Someplace where elevation is not important. Like a murder hole in a wall or gate?

Double J
July 19, 2007, 10:07 AM
That's an interesting piece. The pits around the touch hole would indicate use. Some of the early canon were lashed to a wooden cradle or stock.
--The scratch toward the breech end, was this dug out of the ground? Pretty neat.

The Tourist
July 19, 2007, 11:38 AM
There used to be something called a 'punt gun.'

It sat on a fixture on the prow of a boat and was used to kill ducks by the score to sell to restaurants.

I have never actually seen this gun--only heard about it.

Could this be it?

Scorch
July 19, 2007, 11:45 AM
While I have never actually handled a punt gun, I have seen pictures of them. They were typically large bore, 8 bore or possibly larger, with a 5-6' barrel.

The Tourist
July 19, 2007, 11:47 AM
Scorch,

I did find this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punt_gun

James K
July 19, 2007, 12:34 PM
Punt guns? Murder holes? Signal guns? Wow! Maybe used by King Arthur to keep Mordred away from Guinivere?

Anyone ever seen a punt gun? A signal gun? That is neither.

Speculation knows no bounds, and stories can be made up from now until the devil buys ice skates, but I still can't see something like that having any serious purpose or any real value. If I am wrong, and it sells for a million bucks, great, but I wouldn't borrow against that million just yet.

Jim

The Tourist
July 19, 2007, 12:38 PM
"Punt guns?...Speculation knows no bounds."

Jim, there's an old expression, "When you hear hoof beats, think horses and not zebras."

That means that the simplest explanation is probably the correct one.

The reason I thought 'punt guns' is that they were probably made by the bushel basket full as a cheap way to hunt waterfowl. Further, a punt gun needed to be mounted, it was not a hand weapon (that I know of.)

Besides, speculation in a forum is fun!

Bill DeShivs
July 19, 2007, 01:40 PM
Try www.cannon-mania.com

megabyte
July 22, 2007, 09:46 AM
Im not sure its a punt gun. This looks more like a large shotgun. Click on the link and go to the video on youtube. Wow what a great video of the punt gun shooting a whole wall of clay targets with one shot. My "object" is more cannon than rifle. Im not sure you could hunt with it as its very small and compact the aim would be more for repelling close targets with a scatter effect then a precise aimed shot for hunting fowl or other flying objects. I think its for controlling the crew or repelling boarders from enemy ships maybe to cover your enemy while trading or tied along side. What gets me is every type of cannon I have seen uses trunions to secure it to a wooden frame. This one must sit in some kind of cradle. I have never heard of a portible cannon hand held so I think it must sit in a cradle.

4V50 Gary
July 22, 2007, 10:18 AM
It's not a punt gun. Punt guns were huge affairs that were boat mounted and used by market hunters to harvest geese or ducks. Muzzleloaders, the shortest I've seen had about 6' long barrels and there were larger ones too. To aim it, you rowed the boat and pointed in towards the flock and once close enough, the trigger was pulled.

This one is probably a child's toy. As observed, there's no trunions to mount it on a carriage or to make it into a swivel gun either.

RJay
July 22, 2007, 03:05 PM
It's not punt gun, good grief! :) It's It's not a hand cannon or pole arm, good grief.:)
It's not a weapon of any type, good grief:)
:p : If you note, the center section and bell appear to have been machined, unless El Cid had a machine shop it's modern , in this context modern is the last hundred years. These little cannons were quite popular until the mid 1940's as 4th of July noise makers and yes, it could be used as a signal devise to start a special event such as a foot race or boat race. :o

megabyte
July 22, 2007, 04:28 PM
How does it mount? It looks like its been under water for a couple hundred years to old to be a modern cannon. A childs toy at 10 lbs. Hmmm strong children using cannons to play pirate? Ok any one else want to make some humor. Seriously I have no clue and need help.

RJay
July 22, 2007, 04:49 PM
Megabyte, I don't know what to tell you, you have been given help and told what it was. This isn't some mystery one of a kind handgun. It's a 4th of July noisemaker. Good luck, Vaya con Dios.:confused:

Bill DeShivs
July 22, 2007, 04:50 PM
It probably is a toy cannon. I have a small collection of real, small cannon.
Mini cannon were very common prior to WW2.

Ruger4570
July 23, 2007, 10:19 PM
Well, my take on it is that it may have been a toy cannon of some sort. The dimentions are too small to have ever been a serious contender as a punt gun. The few examples of punt guns I have seen are large bores with barrels measuring in feet, noy inches.
A dollar bill is approx 2 1/2" X 6" How long can the barrel on this be, 8 inches give or take. It sure wouldn't be very effective to drive off Pirates. It can be no better than any other smooth bore "pistol" of the past.

James K
July 23, 2007, 10:41 PM
I didn't mention it because it isn't really relevant, but I have a small brass cannon around somewhere that a cousin made in high school shop as a copy of a ship's gun. It is only about 4 inches long, but it has a touchhole and he fired it tied to a bench. He never got around to the carriage, but it does have trunions.

Jim

Scorch
July 23, 2007, 11:16 PM
It looks like its been under water for a couple hundred years to old to be a modern cannon.
Try shooting BP in a rifle and not cleaning it. It will look just like that before not too long.

megabyte
July 24, 2007, 10:46 AM
Would a toy cannon have no trunions? Wouldnt it be easier and more recognizable to make it with trunions and mount it in a wooden cradle to give it the classic cannon look? While I agree its very small and wouldnt be used for serious combat ship to ship. But im not convinced it was used for childs play. Kids playing with fire and fuses (the fuse hole) how dangerous would that be. Lets just look down the barrel while firing it. Common that just doesnt make sense. I could see a july 4th fireworks cannon or morter but I have never seen one and Im still puzzled as to what this cannon sat in to make it usable. I have seen many cannons before mostly in Key West off ships that have been underwater for a long time and this cannon looks like its been underwater for a couple of centuries the pitting is way too deep for common corrosion. Even left outside in a yard it wouldnt look this pitted only salt water could do this while I could be wrong im basing it on what I have seen off real ships that have been underwater for a long time.

Bill DeShivs
July 24, 2007, 02:06 PM
The world was different back then. We didn't need the government to protect us from ourselves.
Toy cannon were common, M-80s, Silver salutes, firecrackers measured in inches, shooting .22s in the back yard.
We had tools witout safety guards!

megabyte
July 24, 2007, 07:12 PM
LOL I still do that today, M-80's or M-120's daisy chained is alot of fun. I still dont think children would play with a cannon. Just too dangerous.

Bill DeShivs
July 24, 2007, 08:49 PM
Toy cannon were a staple for kids from the late 1900s until WW 1.
Go to www.cannon-mania.com and ask them about your cannon.
BTW- we made small cannon in the school macine shops in the early 1970s, with permission of the teachers. We even used them to start track meets and football games. 1-1/2" bores.
They made toy cannon that shot bullets and shotgun shells in the early 1900s. Black powder cannon were commonplace. In the early 1970s you could buy potassium nitrate and powdered sulphur at your local drugstore-even Walgreens. Barbecue charcoal+potassium nitrate+ sulphur= black powder.

Prairidog
July 30, 2007, 03:10 PM
They used to sale something similar at firworks stands when i was a kid.I have an original from the 60s but they still sale them.They use a tube of Bang=zite and a flint striker,add water and strike it and boom.Mine has a base on it though,with ribber wheels.Canastoga cannon?

Bill DeShivs
July 31, 2007, 01:12 PM
Carbide cannon are completely different. This is a black powder cannon.

James K
July 31, 2007, 10:40 PM
Anyone ever hear of a Winchester Model 98?

Before you spend a lot of time in the books, I will tell you that it was Winchester's cannon. They made them from 1903 up into the 1930's, with the last being chrome plated and equipped with rubber tires. The description says it had a 12-inch rolled steel barrel, cylinder bored, with a carriage having two 3 5/8" steel wheels at the front end. It was 10 gauge, and was for blanks, though the company said it would stand up to any 10 gauge black powder load.

The carriage was japanned, the barrel blued, and the breech blackened. Length overall was 17 inches, height 7 1/4 inches, width 7 inches. My source doesn't say how many were made in total, but over ten thousand had been sold by 1915, so there are a fair number out there, and I have seen a couple, usually just sitting on a shelf at a gun shop or, in one case, a restaurant.

I have done some checking, but I don't know the legal status. They are not muzzle loaders, so presumably they would come under the NFA in some way, maybe as an "any other weapon". I can't find that they have been put on the curio and relic list, but maybe I missed it.

Most of my information and the picture are from Harold Williamson's "Winchester, the Gun That Won the West", a company history.

Jim

Bill DeShivs
July 31, 2007, 11:46 PM
Jim
They are being made again-have been for years. They are not regulated at all-I don't know why, but they are completely legal.
www.cannon-mania.com has them.

James K
August 1, 2007, 09:35 PM
I knew about modern muzzle loading cannon, but those firing shot shells are "interesting." I can't believe the Feds haven't jumped on those "terrorist weapons" in one way or another. (I just hope they aren't reading this or they will think of some way to make something else illegal.)

Jim

megabyte
August 12, 2007, 10:58 PM
This small cannon is larger than 10 gauge (bore size) and has no trunions so im at a loss as to how this cannon mounts. I dont buy the childs cannon or a blank firing device as a smaller device could be used with the same effect. Its possible that it was mounted vertically for fireworks or morter activity? I see alot of professional fireworks companies use multiple verticle tubes to launch their rockets. But why use such a large diameter cylinder unless your launching something powerfull. Its flat on the fuse end consistant with a vertical launch or maybe mounting into a castle hole. I heard once a castle owner used shotguns that looked like cannons in his porticulous right next to the gate or sometimes within the area between gate one and gate two. Used to be they pored pitch down holes in the upper ceiling. I have heard about cannons in the side walls firing into unwelcome guests. Invite them in and lock the doors behind then blast away. Reload? Something would have to be behind the cannon to stop the recoil for wall use. I donno im out of ideas. The pictures someone submitted about a winchester cannon dont look anything like this device.

Bill DeShivs
August 13, 2007, 01:19 AM
Why don't you just go to www.cannon-mania.com and find out what it is?
Then you can stop postulating about it's romantic past-or is that what you are afraid of?

RJay
August 13, 2007, 09:12 AM
You know, it does look just like the one Harry Morgan used in the Battle of Brandywine against Hap Arnold.;)

megabyte
August 16, 2007, 09:16 PM
I sent pictures to cannon mania no response by the way the website looks im not sure anyone works there. Thats my personal opinion. Im kinda interested why nobody knows what this thing is. Im starting to get the feeling im going to have to call my insurance agent and up my antiques coverage.

Bill DeShivs
August 16, 2007, 09:27 PM
Try here: http://www.go2gbo.com/forums//index.php/board,88.0.html

RJay
August 17, 2007, 03:20 PM
I'm starting to believe Megabybe is a troll! Other wise why would he keep coming back to the same thing after he's been told a dozen times what he has?

Scorch
August 17, 2007, 05:22 PM
megabyte-
Is that a picture in your signature line?

oldbillthundercheif
August 17, 2007, 09:06 PM
It's Michael Wittman, a panzer super-commander who finally ate it at Viller-Bocage after his masterful assault was broken by throwing hundreds of our tanks into his deathtrap. A fine tactician, but just another lowlife nazi bastard when you get right down to it... like Rommel, but with less power and name-recognition.

RsqVet
August 18, 2007, 02:58 PM
Jim ----

On the winchester cannons the chamber is 2 7/8, which I think is discontinued more or less other than blanks, plus it always felt to me like they machine enough of a "choke" into the barrel to make a live shell a very bad idea, though I have never mesured this on my (new) winchester cannon, or relative to the older ones that had what looked like slightly larger holes at the muzzle... or just thiner barrels overall.

The breach blook also looks not very strong.

I have one, fun noise maker but cleaning is of course a PITA, only complaint is the hammer / lanyard attachment is cheap and crappy so drilled through the hammer and put a nice stainless shackle on it.

As to the pic megabyte posted, all I can do is laugh, yeah it's a cool old relic... a noise maker, that's all, go up what ever insurance you want ait't gona make it more valuable, have been to enought flea markets to see this type of behavior before.

megabyte
August 19, 2007, 08:29 PM
Reason im asking is because I want to know. Another cannon website seems to think it might be for cleaning out smoke stakes in the 1920's. Nobody seems to know for sure.

Micheal Wittman was a natural born hunter. I wouldnt call him a nazi but as a member of the SS he sure did believe in the party line. Try reading a book written about him called "Tiger Ace" great book for military tactitions. I use his avatar because Im Micheal Wittman in a game called "operation art of war" forwhich im the number three ranked player in the world. Ah to make money playing video games for a living. Seriously if you have the time read the book.

pipoman
August 20, 2007, 03:05 PM
Given a day and a metal lathe I could make a dozen just like this. 2 years in the ground under the eves of my barn and you couldn't tell the difference. This thread has has been viewed over 800 times by people who have spent their lives going to gun shows, collecting every firearm and military object ever made, it is safe to say that some of the lookers are experts in cannons and ancient armaments. For you to disregard everything in this thread and still believe you have a gold mine is no different than people who believe grandma's china is worth thousands even though nary a china expert is interested in buying it at any price (happens all the time). Kid yourself all you want, it doesn't change the fact that even if it was some obscure highly valuable relic if the provenance was known and provable, without such provable provenance nobody but a fool would pay more than $20-$30 for it, and that just to play with it. I learned a long time ago that 'one of a kind' is the kiss of death in collectibles. Collectors (those are the people who pay big money for rare items) pay for name brands, makers marks, undeniable provenance, cataloged verification, etc. They don't waste vast amounts of money on speculation nor do they kid themselves or let others influence their buying decision with wild unsubstantiated stories.

Let's see if we can agree on a few things. 1. Somebody made this. 2. It was likely an individual not a company as a company would have put their name on it. 3. Probably not a known craftsman because he too probably would have put his name or makers mark on it. 4. It is simple in design 5. It could be easily reproduced in quanity 6. It is not a salesman's or company sample as it is not detailed enough and wouldn't be functional as it is in a larger scale 7. You have no idea the items history. All of these factors point to something made by a machinist or school kid as a toy (adult or child).

Edit: A better example than the china for this site would be great grandpa's Crescent double barrel. It is over a hundred years old therefore priceless right? While it may be priceless to the beholder because of the sentimental value, it doesn't change the fact that the gun would scarcely bring $100 from anyone on this website. This happens all the time here in Harley's forum, some of the people go away disappointed but understand others go away mumbling, "those guys were just trying to rip me off" even though nobody even offered to buy the old tomato stake.

megabyte
August 20, 2007, 09:38 PM
You know your trying to treat me like a child PIPOMAN and nothing you have said makes me believe your solution is the right one. What is fact is two different web sites this one and Graybeard Outdoors says two different things they say its a stack gun for cleaning out smokestacks in factories in the 20's. Their solution quite frankly fits better than yours. Im not a newbie to antiques and have a policy from Lloyds of London for three paintings in my house. I also am no newbie to militaria and can say without boasting that I have the finest Nazi collection on the east coast only one person in California has a better one. I also have one of the finest collections of J Edger Hoover documents ever assembled including personal letters to his Mistress Miss Daisy (his secretary). So when you want to see who can urinate the farthest I think I will beat you everytime. Now thats a fact believe that. Sorry everyone else I just had to beat down this punk some his manorism and lack of cuth just irritated me to no end.

pipoman
August 21, 2007, 01:21 AM
Attack the poster not the merit of the post huh? I frankly don't care what you want to believe. And hey with your L of L policy you are saying, "Im starting to get the feeling im going to have to call my insurance agent and up my antiques coverage." when you are claiming, "I also am no newbie to militaria [sic] and can say without boasting that I have the finest Nazi collection on the east coast only one person in California has a better one. I also have one of the finest collections of J Edger Hoover documents ever assembled including personal letters to his Mistress Miss Daisy (his secretary)." it is just laughable. Assuming it is some sort of industrial tool the value is still negligible pocket change compared to your claimed trove. Hey at least I didn't accuse you of being a troll as someone earlier did. Good luck with your early retirement.

megabyte
August 21, 2007, 08:11 PM
PIPOMAN I am retired and money isnt a problem hense the collections. But that assumes I bought everything I collect. Which is not true in the least bit. But I do have some experience in collections that nobody has ever seen before thats why im here trying to learn about what I have or not have. It would not be the first time I have researched something that has no monetary value. I simply donot know what this item is and basically want to find out. Its been my experience when nobody can figure out what something is then its something worth something. Of course if nobody wants the item then it has no value. But I really dont care about the value im researching the history. Ive got a room full of items I simply dont know the history to. I have a stack of medieval swords that came from the nazi occupation of yugoslavia. So im trying to learn as much as I can about metallurgy. Im a bit off subject here but basically I do the same thing as the experts here for German WWII collectibles on their sites. I never talk down to the most basic of questions or assume because I know the difference between one dagger and another that everyone else does also. So I would recommend you get the chip off your shoulder and calmdown or simply dont answer questions fair enough?

RJay
August 21, 2007, 09:24 PM
I think this thread should be locked, however if the moderator does decide to lock the thread I would like to add one more little comment then I promise I will go home and be good. Something smells in Denmark. I'm ou'ter here, Vaya con Dios

Bill DeShivs
August 21, 2007, 10:32 PM
J. Edgar's "mistress" was his assistant, but his assistant wasn't female!

pipoman
August 22, 2007, 07:03 PM
Look, I have over 800 posts on this site you can go look at. You will find not only do I not have a chip but I have chipped in my $.02 many times. Re-read my 1st post to this thread. What in that post is rude? Which of the 7 points I made do you disagree with? Now you may disagree with my conclusion but that doesn't make me rude.

I too have been an antiquer for a long time. I have bought several collections and estates. I do not itemize when doing this because everyone, especially older family members have heard tales about the pricelessness of this item or that when often that item is only priceless because nobody will pay a price for it. The reference to the Crescent shotgun is a valid one, a family double barrel is more often a Crescent than a Parker or an ElCee though everyone has illusions that their family gun is worth a small fortune.

Again, I don't care what you want to believe, nor do I care what you think of me. Maybe your item is Captain Hook's bug, I hope it is extremely valuable. Your refusal to even acknowledge that anyone who has offered an opinion here might be right and continuing down this path of mysterious ancient origins is what brought me to post in this thread the first time. I read the thread a month or so ago, then returned and this thread was still at the top. Your statement that such an item couldn't possibly be a child's toy, just too dangerous indicates a person who is not very old. As has been stated several times in this thread, black powder toy cannons were popular toys in years gone by. You have essentially told everyone on this thread, "you are wrong, wrong, wrong. I don't know the answer, but your explanation is absurd!" So there you go.

megabyte
August 22, 2007, 09:01 PM
Are you implying Hoover was gay? Thats a load of bunk started by the opposite political party after he died as they wouldnt seriously say that while he was alive. Hoover would have a detractors birthday erased for a lesser comment.

Bill
Have the threat locked? Well in a free society you have to have free thought unless your from Denmark like you imply maybe they dont allow free thought there. Usually when someone says lock the thread they simply cannot hold up their end of the conversation which is ok but dont imply everyone else here is stupid because you cannot respond to the questions. I promiss you Bill the next post will be in crayons and have lots of pictures.

Pipoman
800+ posts and so now we must believe everything you say because I have 5 posts I couldnt be possibly saying anything intelligent. Do you realize what your saying makes you look foolish and everything you say after that is just disregarded? I remember taking tests in highschool when you saw the question that started blah blah blah ALWAYS does something you always answered false. I kept on reading because I like picking on you and found more to make fun of like:"...Your refusal to even acknowledge that anyone who has offered an opinion here might be right and continuing down this path of mysterious ancient origins is what brought me to post in this thread the first time. I read the thread a month or so ago, then returned and this thread was still at the top." Nope sorry I just didnt like your opinion it was rather childlike and not believable.
Im not very old? Thanks I feel old I have underwear so old its made by jordache remember those man do I feel old. Did you ever play with those toy cannons as a child? During the 1800's? Now put your teeth back in gramps and get me a link to a picture of those child cannons otherwise I dont buy it. I would settle for that B-17 junior had parked out back behind the nazi pillbox with working MG-34's yeah like I believe they let kids nurse on flamethrower nozzles at feeding time. Do you really want me to believe junior played with hand grenades as a way of learning how to fight jerry in the upcoming wars? Man I could go on with you all night long. Stop watching reruns of Lawrence Welk on PBS and get me a picture of these child cannons then you will have something to show me up with.

Bill DeShivs
August 22, 2007, 09:12 PM
Megabyte
Yes, J. Edgar was gay. The History Channel (I believe) even had a show about it.
Perhaps you should read my posts again. You have your posters mixed up.
I'm 52 years old, and yes-I played with muzzle loading cannon when I was a kid. We made them in high school machine shop. Most were nicer than yours.
Because something is rusted does not mean it is hundreds of years old.
It's obvious that you have your mind made up, and no one is going to confuse you with facts.
BTW- you are pretty condescending to people who try to help you, and you get confused easily, and you should buy new underwear.

megabyte
August 22, 2007, 09:24 PM
Believe what you want the history channel has made many mistakes in the past. Remember that the shows they air are not always made by the channel and are bought thats why they use a disclaimer. Anyway there is no way to prove one way or the other (gay not gay).

megabyte
August 22, 2007, 09:29 PM
"...Because something is rusted does not mean it is hundreds of years old.
It's obvious that you have your mind made up, and no one is going to confuse you with facts.
BTW- you are pretty condescending to people who try to help you, and you get confused easily, and you should buy new underwear."

LOL, yeah I know how to use brewax to make porcelain crack and look old. I also understand how to make things age by using acid and or buring them in the yard.
Condescending? You think hmmm just putting the little people in check. Confused? Example?
My wife says the same thing but im Atypical and tend to hord things so the underwear stays until it blows away in a dust storm. But I will pass on your suggestions for my underwear at least it will get her interested in who im talking to about my underwear on the internet.

Bill DeShivs
August 22, 2007, 09:32 PM
AND, you're an arse.

megabyte
August 22, 2007, 09:36 PM
"AND, you're an arse."

Ah common you can do better than that. You just now found that out? Im also filthy stinking rich and hated that Leona Helmsley just died. She knew how to treat the little people.
p.s. I dont pay taxes

oldbillthundercheif
August 22, 2007, 10:31 PM
Oh, man, this is hilarious!

Underwear?

J. Edgar homosexual collector's items?

Arse and taxes?

Pure genius by all involved.:D

Bill DeShivs
August 23, 2007, 02:04 AM
Mom always said I was the smart one.:D

pipoman
August 23, 2007, 02:16 AM
I can smell a charlatan a mile away. Smells like chicken and arse.

megabyte
August 23, 2007, 09:47 AM
"I can smell a charlatan a mile away. Smells like chicken and arse."

Thats the smell from your double wide. Its almost saturday night wash day all clean all clean.

pipoman
August 23, 2007, 11:42 AM
Huh, I was just browsing your gallery: . A few observations. 1. Nary a priceless Nazi or Hoover item in the gallery. 2. Gallery photos really don't look like those I would expect from a older tycoon. 3. Are those hands holding that video camera yours? What about the wet suit, Grand Theft Auto game and in line skates? And since you mention a double wide in your last post, that linoleum flooring in the pics of the compound bow and telescope is reminiscent of some I have seen in a trailer and it certainly doesn't look like any flooring I have seen in mansions. :D:rolleyes::o

megabyte
August 23, 2007, 06:45 PM
LOL your an idiot thats my sister in laws house. She has a nice house though 4200 sq feet. I think its nice. Notice the hands are female. LOL

Bill DeShivs
August 23, 2007, 07:02 PM
"Nothing sucks like a Hoover!"

pipoman
August 23, 2007, 07:18 PM
Pretty hairy lady, huh...:D

Oh, common you don't need to threaten me via PM...jus' funnin' with ya. As you repeatedly have hurled insults and personal attacks at me...

megabyte
August 23, 2007, 08:15 PM
PIPOMAN has taken it upon himself to hack my photobucket account and change the account name and password thus shutting down my sister in laws only means for making an income. I ask you do you want this kind of person on your website while talking about firearms. No telling what hes capable of doing to all of your accounts like hes done to mine. While considering my legal avenues I warn all of you to take action to change your account names and passwords in advance to save your personal information and lock and/or firewall your systems while hes still here. Someone with that kind of knowledge no telling whats hes doing here to all of you behind your backs. Hes posted my first name and personal information in various posts even after I told him to remove it. Thus showing his intent.

pipoman
August 23, 2007, 08:22 PM
I didn't hack your account, nor did I change anything, I just looked at the link you posted, period, thats it. I'm hardly computer literate enough to log into this forum. I wouldn't have a clue how to hack anything. You are the one who posted your account information in your signature line, I just followed the link.

megabyte
August 23, 2007, 10:51 PM
It takes my user name and password to access my real name in my user profile. You posted my real first name for all to see. Thats proof enough eitherway the photobucket account is not accessible and all revenue associated with that account is being lost. We can discuss this in court or out of court with a settlement. I can have fun with the best of them and up to now we were all having fun but you crossed the line into my personal life and it wrecked my sister in law now your going to pay. Im going to pressure this website till they give you up with legal action after legal action then im going to come after you. Money be dammed I have the time and the will your going to pay. Unless you fix the account right now and pay for the damages say $3000 should get it done. Otherwise roll the dice and pay for a good lawyer.

pipoman
August 23, 2007, 11:14 PM
Dude, you use your real name for your eBay user ID. I didn't access your profile. I didn't put your last name in the posts even though you use both first and last as your user ID on ebay. You are probably locked out of your photobucket account because you uploaded or downloaded too many files in one day. I would guess that these free hosting services have limits on how much of that you can do without paying for an upgrade...just guessing. As for your name, I will gladly delete my posts directed at you in this thread. How about you start? I think anyone reading our exchange can see who escalated this. You aren't what or who you have claimed to be, I simply pointed that out. Again, if you remove your name calling rude posts, I will remove my posts.

RJay
August 24, 2007, 09:07 AM
I said something smells in Denmark?, something stinks in Denmark? This guy is a Troll, a fake, a con man, a charlatan, I think that's enough for every one to get the ideal. Sorry about that , if the shoe fits then it probably belongs to someone else, give it back.

Scorch
August 24, 2007, 11:40 AM
Somebody please close this thread. Please?

FRANK1669
September 7, 2007, 09:15 PM
Wow, I have found something that can finally replace the Jerry Springer Show. I have found many threads on the Firing Line that bring knowledge of an unknown area of firearms to me. This is not one of those times. Megabyte I wish you would just take out your enormous wallet and squash the insolent peons who fail to give you the required information you seek. My suggestion would be to donate it to the Smithsonian and let their researchers figure out this mystery.