PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate HD shotgun setup?

CO1991A1
May 7, 2007, 12:12 PM
I have a Remington 870 super magnum with a Knoxx Spec-Ops stock and 18 1/2 inch barrel. I like it but I want to mod it more.

Should I go for ghost ring sights or reflex sights? Magazine extension? Tactical light? What's the best receiver sidesaddle?

sonyman74
May 7, 2007, 12:23 PM
This is what I did to my Super Nova.http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r286/sonyman74/CIMG0166Large.jpg

RsqVet
May 7, 2007, 01:47 PM
remington factroy mag extenshion.. well made and well finished

sure-fire forend

I have factory scattergun gohst rings which I like but others out there are good, and honeslty for HD with decent practice, indexing off the front sight is all you will liekly do for real in a life or death situation so a bead is probibly fine for most people.

Mesa Tactial makes a shell carrier that is alunimum not plastic but honeslty if what you have up the pipe does ought to solve your problmes,however the extra weight odes add to soaking up recoil.

CO1991A1
May 7, 2007, 02:17 PM
I don't even have a bead right now but I shot clay targets one time with it and didn't have any problems aiming.

geologist
May 7, 2007, 06:50 PM
Here's what I keep in my house for when the SHTF.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i155/pbgeologist/HP9forendstrap.jpg

spoolup
May 7, 2007, 08:27 PM
Almost the exact setup your looking at, I like mine. So be it only a mag 3", dont see why you will ever want/ need a 3.5".

870P 4449 with ghost rings, factory 2 shot extension with clamp, surefire front grip, spec op with power pak, NICE package.

http://home.comcast.net/~utspoolup/870P_resized.jpg

Honestly however, if someone is already in my house I would rather turn to the storm. Never had a hiccup with it, weighs less, is shorter, and feel better moving thru the house with it, IE get to the childs room and wait for the police. I have modified it since this pic last month, ill see about posting some updates here this weekend, EOtech, TLR1 light, PX4 mag conversion to hold 17 .40 rounds,and the shroud is on order

http://home.comcast.net/~utspoolup/CX4_Storm_40_2.JPG

banditt007
May 7, 2007, 08:36 PM
a tac'd out shotgun w/ a 'newb' using it verse a beat up single shot in expereinced hands...guess who wins.

Modding it just for the sake of modding it is rediculous. 3.5" chamber?!????? your best off shotting 2 3/4" anyway. and a sling IMO is just something to catch/snag on stuff. what do you do stand around when the SHTF with the gun in a sling?

I would keep it as simple and easy to use as possible. having a gun that looks 'badass' dosent win firefights.

JMO...

'75Scout
May 7, 2007, 09:27 PM
I have a 870 with extended mag, rifle sights, Knoxx Compstock, and Mesa Tactical Side Saddle. I want to add a Surefire forearm and I would consider it complete. I also like the Sage teloscoping stock and Mesa Tactical stocks. Maybe I'll use one of those on my next 12 guage build.

TexiCali Slim
May 7, 2007, 09:27 PM
Sonyman has a Blackberry forend grip to call or text for reinforcements(OMG SHTF RSVP ASAP), thats pretty tacticool.

mcubed4130
May 7, 2007, 11:59 PM
A good set of ghost rings, is my next purchase.

(I took a tactical class last month, and in one of the drills the instructor had us use someone else's shotgun - the shotguns I used with ghost sights, I was able to target and hit with much faster than my own bead sights).

As for the rest... get a side saddle or a Knoxx Powerpack for your SpecOps... and call it good enough. The rest of the gear, just gets in the way.

-M3

Hedley
May 8, 2007, 12:52 AM
I keep it real.
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/4779/home001rr6.jpg

SCREAMIII2006
May 8, 2007, 02:48 AM
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/2708/590ba9.jpg

MOSSBERG 590 MARINER
ATI PISTOL GRIP STOCK
FOREARM WITH GRIP
9 SHELLS IN THE TUBE

fisherman66
May 8, 2007, 07:28 AM
My 870 still has the tube plug from quail hunting in it. Everything else is stock. I've never gotten the tac thing. Besides the short barrel, I don't understand a lick of it.

whip1
May 8, 2007, 08:55 AM
I've never gotten the tac thing. Besides the short barrel, I don't understand a lick of it.

+1

Kentucky Deer Hunter
May 8, 2007, 10:10 AM
I've never gotten the tac thing. Besides the short barrel, I don't understand a lick of it.

+1

Slopemeno
May 8, 2007, 07:06 PM
Yep. Every shotgun shooting I've been able to document was a one shot, one shot stop affair. I'll stick with a very basic 870.

FirstFreedom
May 8, 2007, 07:35 PM
What is there to NOT understand about wanting the following:

-a light to light up the target, and
-extra capacity with an extended mag, just in case, and

??

a tac'd out shotgun w/ a 'newb' using it verse a beat up single shot in expereinced hands...guess who wins.

OK, I'll guess....Quite possibly the newb with extra capacity (more likely than not). But it depends on a LOT of factors. Did the single shot guy grab extra shells or is he in his underpants with only one shot available? The tac'd out newb may also be in his underpants, awakened abruptly, but he's got 9 or 10 shots instead; maybe more. Does the single shot guy miss or just wing the newb with his one shot due to evasive action of the shootee, extra distance, bad lighting, intervening barriers, or other factors? What's the newb's general level of physical/mechanical intuitiveness, skill, & conditioning? Some people are natural gunnies/shooters. And this so-called "newb" has likely done a lot of scenario preparation in his mind. In an extended gun battle to the death, fighting in close quarters in a house, I believe I'd put my money on the newb in that situation. Follow up shots as suppressive fire for an approach and then killing fire is a tremendous advantage, and in many cases can trump experience with a single shot.

CO1991A1
May 8, 2007, 07:54 PM
First of all I never said I wanted a sling, second my 870 super magnum is a 3 inch not a 3 1/2 inch.

Finally, the light would be used for a hands free way to see in a dark and blind anyone looking at it.

My shotgun is nowhere near all modded out, besides that I cut the barrel down to 18 1/2 inches and put a smaller stock and composite forend on it.

Slopemeno
May 8, 2007, 10:25 PM
A lights not a bad feature, but to be real honest here, I think a lot of people rate a shotguns effectiveness on its similarity of appearance to an M-60. Less-is-more kicks in at some point.

Jason607
May 9, 2007, 04:33 AM
I have a mossberg 500 and I like it except it is pump. What if I were to miss or there would be more than one intruder. That time it takes to pump the shotgun might just be the time it takes for the intruder to shoot back. I have always wanted a Benelli M4 with a light on it. Good capasity plus it can fire as fast as I can pull the trigger. I like the feel of it also.

fisherman66
May 9, 2007, 08:08 AM
That time it takes to pump the shotgun might just be the time it takes for the intruder to shoot back.

Go shoot some clays. You will amaze yourself at how fast you can operate a pump while staying on target. Technology is a poor replacement for practice/skill.

-a light to light up the target, and
-extra capacity with an extended mag, just in case, and

I prefer led nightlights around the house to a mounted flashlight. The idea is to get the drop on someone. The flashlight is going to give you away before you ever round a corner. I also don't want to be messing with a tail cap button when I should be focusing on my finger on the trigger guard and the threat at hand. Reduced recoil rounds would allow one to fit a bunch of rounds in a standard tube. (a good dog trumps the baddest SG)

The guys manufacturing tac accessories are making a killing on stamped steel and injection molded plastic. I resent the markup for minimal increases, and prefer to spend my money busting clays.

and dat's whot I tink

Slopemeno
May 9, 2007, 10:39 PM
I've used a light in force-on-force scenarios (read, maglight mounted to my paintball gun, and boresighted, playing at night in a manzanita maize) and it ROCKED.

The whole point is to not turn the light on until a split second before you shoot. Everyone of the other team had said "I'm just gonna shoot at the light"..well, it didnt work out that way.

Also, dont house-clear on your own. If you really think someones there, you should be dialling 911, not sneaking around your house. The cops wont clear your house alone, and you shouldnt either.

Youre right on the ambient LED's scattered around the house though, and I do that.

skeeter1
May 10, 2007, 12:31 AM
12-gauge SxS double loaded with #4 buckshot for me. I'm with Hedley on this one. My granddad would approve. I'm just not interested in having an evil black shotgun.

WeedWacker
May 10, 2007, 07:08 AM
Now I haven't used an autoloading shotgun but I can compare my O/U with a rem 870. I will say that the ability to fire a follow up shot without movement makes target reaquisition so much easier. Working the pump always results in the bead moving off target and having to aquire again and the follow up, if rushed, tends to be more inaccurate (which accounted for many a missed pheasant in the early days :o ). Although at close range I doubt it will matter much.

Dave McC
May 10, 2007, 09:38 AM
The Ultimate HD shotgun?

Anything held by a Shotgunner who has run a few thousand shells through it.

Bling is bling. Expertise is what will keep someone alive....

Deaf Smith
May 10, 2007, 09:32 PM
Any good Remington 870, Mossburg 500/590/, Maverick 88, or Winchester Defender will do the deed.

My 870 Magnum Marine has a tac-star 4 shot side saddle and that's it.
My Mossburg 590, I guess Marine with ghost ring sights (yea stainless and ghost ring sights!) has a 4 shot tac-star and speed feed stock.

Either will do. The 590 is a bit more versatal, holds a round or two more, but is longer. Again either will do.

I've owned Winchesters and Mavericks (the Winchester was a 'Marine' with rifle sights, and the 88 just plain beed. Both had tac-star side saddles (Hey, I like those four extra rounds!) Wish I had not traded them off. Both worked perfectly.

NINE
May 13, 2007, 01:21 PM
http://i16.tinypic.com/49gify1.jpg
Fabarm Martial Pro Forces 14", CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical, Strider Medium Hatchet. I need a light and rail for my shotgun... also might get a set of tritium inserts for the ghost ring set up. :D

fisherman66
May 13, 2007, 01:28 PM
I can't figure out if you mount the hatchet to the shotgun or the pistol.

NINE
May 13, 2007, 05:04 PM
I use it to cut my late night sandwiches.

.351winchester
May 13, 2007, 06:58 PM
Ideally would like a 20 gauge pump 14" SBS for this purpose.

Normally I dislike tacticool add ons, but really like the Wilson TR-11/87, all the improvements are like, say running a Les Baer against a WWII vintage GM.
I like Ghost rings I could take or leave a protruding pistol grip. I have not owned a riot gun for a while, dunno what the next will be, either in pump a 870 Marine Mag (or EHD version), 590, or Nova Tactical, or maybe go auto and find a old Benelli M-121, or something with paramilitary good looks like a LAW 12 or Krebs Saiga. But for this tool's intended purpose know I'd be best off with a simple 18-20" pump, as is.
Used to have a 500 american field grade, chopped the 28" down to 19" and at that time had the front and rear tac star pistol grips. Ended up just putting the original furnature back on, as my practical shooting was inadequate without a buttstock, and had learned techniques to make the extra overall length not a liability while moviing in tight quarters. Also had the Winny 1300 Marine Defender. I hated this gun before i even got it home or fired it, just an impulse buy, thought it looked great then after dropping the cash became the ugliest weapon ever. nothing wrong with it, just not for me. I can handle a riot gun better than most regular people i think after tons of practice, but this baby's recoil was feirce, the corncob tried to rip my pinkie off every shot and the butt was too narrow, it was a bummer to shoot a few times and i could shoot 00 and slugs all day with the sawed off Mossberg. I tried a Pachmayr pg to spare my fingers and shoulder but traded it in anyway shortly after. It was a lot tighter and easier to maintain than the 500 however.

JTMcC
May 13, 2007, 08:25 PM
All of this is interesting but,

My wife has a 590 (a gift from my brother for work done on his house in the 80's) that she knows and loves.

My Mom has a 70's 1100 with a remington 21" barrel that she knows and loves (all 71 year old 4'-10 1/2" of her).
Both are very dangerous women if you are a bad man on our property and I'm not around.

But the bottom line has already been said in post #25. That sums it up 100%.
Run several thousand rounds thru that gun and I don't care what it is, how black it is, how much stuff is hanging off it, you are a very dangerous threat to the bad guy.

JTMcC.

FirstFreedom
May 13, 2007, 10:48 PM
At some point, you DO have to draw the line - at some point, less is more. If you accessorize to the maximum extent possible, the gun will be so heavy & unwieldy that it's next to useless. But a well-chosen & implemented doodad here and there can be a bonus that is actually useful, and worth the tradeoff in bulkiness & weight. E.g. a sidesaddle OR a buttstock round holder OR an extended mag might make sense, but not 2 of the 3, and definitely not all 3.

A pic of the Saiga 12 will soon be forthcoming... 10 round mags, ace folding stock w/P-grip, BP02 mount, Armson OEG sight, FAB Defense "T-Grip" unit - forward vertical grip with Surefire 6Z on tac forearm piece w/rail.

FirstFreedom
May 13, 2007, 10:56 PM
The Ultimate HD shotgun?

Anything held by a Shotgunner who has run a few thousand shells through it.

Bling is bling. Expertise is what will keep someone alive

I don't disagree that experience is invaluable. But to then extent that you are implying that the 'tacticool' guns are worthless (you seem to be), then allow me to dramatize my point: I'll tell you what. You pick any shotgunner with a single shot that he's run a few thousand rounds through, and I'll use my Saiga which I have maybe 30 or 40 rounds through so far, and I'd take him on any day of the week, and twice on Sundays, when starting at distance or both behind cover. While your guy is busy 'expertising' (i.e trying to get his one precise shot off, or trying to reload with debris raining down all around him), I'm laying down 6 or 7 covering fire shots to keep his head down while I approach, and still have 4 or 5 shots to finish him off. Let's get real folks, please....

Slopemeno
May 13, 2007, 10:57 PM
exactly- a defensive shotgun should be fast handling FIRST. Why some people seem to think it should be a crew-served monstrosity is beyond me. Wait, no, it isnt- some people care more about how thier shotgun looks than how lethal they can be with the first two or three shots...there, I said it.

Bling is no substitute for ability.

deputy tom
May 14, 2007, 06:57 PM
I'm old school.Just give me a plain-jane 870,500,etc. with an 18" bbl. and bead sight and I'm good to go.YMMV.tom.:cool:

KALIFORNIST
May 14, 2007, 07:10 PM
well I am new school then cause I like all the tacky bolt on things.I prefer my shotgun to be heavy and steady.I have practiced alot with my 870 plane jane and then alot with all the stuff added.side saddle,pistol grip stock and forend ... and I can shoot multiple shots alot faster now due to the reduction in recoil.With the extra weight 3 inch shells feel like reduced recoil 2 and 3/4.All that said though I call my shotgun the zombie killer and I actually mean it so dont listen to me.

rugerdude
May 14, 2007, 08:23 PM
Mossberg 500a 18.5" 6-shot. I have a few thousand target loads through it, and my squad took 1st in the SCTP youth skeet shooting competition in the senior experienced division. I used the previously mentioned mossberg.

I have removed the front bead, and put a shell saddle on the stock with 6 rounds of 00buck. I will also be getting a heatshield since it is mainly my skeet gun and that barrel can really heat up!:D

dirty habit
May 15, 2007, 02:15 AM
Ive always wondering if the side saddle shell holders are a bit of overkill...My defender holds 8 rounds of buckshot, i think if i couldnt take care of pretty much anything with that lot, id take the guys gun and shoot myself in the ass!
Even a 5 shot duck guns gonna be able to make a person think hard about coming anywhere near you.
And i agree, no sling

sm
May 15, 2007, 05:55 PM
I use bone stock shotguns; including those with barrels up to 34" long.

Currently using a H&R Youth 20 ga, with slugs.
This one come with a factory recoil pad, and the fixed modified choke shoots some of the best slug groups, #3 buckshot , and pellet patterns.

I have won "ultimate shotguns" and got rid of them for a REAL shotgun for me.
I learned to shoot the right way, without crutches.
NO beads, no sights is how I learned to shoot.
I learned to shoot bone stock shotguns that fit me. I am more versatile and not impeded by funky stocks, curb feelers and fuzzy dice.
Perceived felt recoil is lessened by gun fit, correct basic fundamentals , lessons and continued practice.

Will YOUR gun / Can YOU run the gun up and back over your head, port up and port down.

Do you have to look at your gun to operate it?

Good shooters are made, not born - Misseldine

One cannot buy skill and targets - me

Good shooters spend more money on, and have more money invested in ammunition, training, and quality practice than the firearm itself.

Give me a Shotgunner with a bone stock shotgun, bluing worn, stock scratched to watch my six over any recoil reducing , ultimate, extreme shotgun owner.

There are those that are Shotgunners, and there those that have a shotgun.
There is a difference!

Deaf Smith
May 15, 2007, 08:34 PM
Dirty,

The side-saddle's best attibutes is you can keep your gun half loaded to save spring tension, and top-off once you think things are going downhill. It also allows you to have, say, buckshot in the gun, and 4 to 6 slugs for longer range use on the side-saddle.

I consider it a very useful addition.

Bill DeShivs
May 15, 2007, 09:48 PM
There is no such thing as "saving spring tension" unless the spring is defective, or the magazine is improperly designed.
Bill

kcshooter
May 15, 2007, 10:02 PM
My first shotgun is still my favorite, and it's now been modified to be my HD gun. It's a matte finish mossberg 500 I got from a pawnshop for just under $100. I did put on the ATI AR-style stock with a shell caddy (I like pistol grips) and an aftermarket stainless 18.5" barrel, with a matte black heatshield (not to protect from heat but because it looks bad@ss against the stainless barrel). Other than that, all it has is a Surefire in a clamp. 5 rounds is all I'll need. If I need more than that, I grabbed the wrong gun!
I prefer my SD gun to be somewhere in between bird-gun and accessory-storage-facility.

I saw one with all the gizmos at the gunshop the other with a freakin' laser on it. Seriously, a laser. On a shotgun. I swear it's true. :D

gunzrfunz
May 16, 2007, 05:19 AM
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i101/quakerich/870-1.jpg
Remington 870 Wingmaster 12ga w/18.5" parkerized barrel,mag ext,barrel clamp and brite green follower. 7 shots of 00 oughta do.:D

sm
May 16, 2007, 10:36 AM
Re: Ultimate Shotguns.

A bigger person can shoot a smaller gun; a smaller person may not be able to use a bigger gun effectively.

Best kept secret is a 1100, Beretta 303, 390/391, Winchester 1400, and similar in 20 gauge.

BG(s) hurt the Big Person in a situation.

Ultimate Shotgun is a 12 bore, most bone stock shotguns weigh 7 - 7 1/2 pounds.
Additional accessories,with extra ammunition, can have these guns run say 11 pounds.

Big Person handles this 7 - 11 pound shotgun fine and dandy.
Has had Defensive Training Classes, Shoots 3 gun.

1. Holding that shotgun while injured, bleeding, and dialing for help.
One handed.
BG produces a weapon, makes a move toward Big Person, Male or Female, or another Person, in the family, business setting.
Can this Shotgun effectively be used to stop an immediate threat?

10 seconds, 1 minute, 3 minutes <where is help?> 5 minutes, 7 minutes...THREAT BG has a gun and is going for you, your wife, your daughter...

2. Big Person is down. I mean "down". Someone is applying pressure, BG is being kept at bay, Now smaller wife, daughter, teenage son/ daughter, brother, sister, a elderly mom, dad, grandparent, neighbor... is Having to use this Ultimate Shotgun.

Can they shoot this gun if they have to?
Can they effectively hold it on a BG(s) while dialing the phone, tossing a bath towel to stop bleeding, a first aid kit, anything?

We actually practice this. Standing there with a Shotgun, one hand, holding a dummy BG(s) at bay, dialing a phone, tossing a first aid kit...and we don't know how long we have to stand there with a shotgun before the BG(s) make a move and immediate threat has to be stopped.

There a Lot of folks on THR, TFL and elsewhere, that the Serious Shotgun is set up for the Smallest Person in a setting that might have to use not only a Shotgun, also Rifle, and Handgun.

Think out of the box.

Smitty in CT
May 16, 2007, 12:52 PM
Is this TACTICOOL enough??
http://soundsofthecinema.blogspirit.com/images/medium_20.jpg

:p

KALIFORNIST
May 16, 2007, 01:20 PM
sm I agree with most of your post but If I am injured to the point where I can't hold up a 11 pound shotgun then I doubt I will be able to hold up a 9 pound shotgun either.Thats why I believe in a handgun back up.I only live with my girlfriend and I have no kids so I dont need to set my shotgun up for anyone other then myself.my girlfriend hates recoil and will barely touch my shotgun even with birdshot so if she has to take care of herself while I am not home she will have to stick to her under powered pistol.

sm
May 16, 2007, 05:18 PM
Yep , we agree.
You are thinking for yourself, and not what the cover of Mall Ninja says you have to have.

I like handguns.

Easier to conceal to answer the door and so many uses.

I am just fed up with folks attempting to buy skill and targets , having a mob mentality , buying whatever is marketed that week as the gotta-haves, and not thinking for themselves

1. I accepted long ago if something takes life, someday it expires.
2. I am therefore disposable.
3 It is up to me, to delay this being disposed of.

Since nobody here has been with me when I have faced a gun situation before, pretty safe to say noone will in the future.

hoytinak
May 16, 2007, 07:24 PM
I like my Mossy 500 pretty plain. I kept the wood stock (I did cut it about 1" shorter) and wood forend grip, put a 18.5" barrel and called it quits. I might one day add a light but I don't want it looking like my AR.

Doggieman
May 17, 2007, 02:33 AM
I always thought it would be best to paint all my HD/SD weapons a bright pink. So that when the DA holds one up and says "... and then the defendant shot him with THIS!!" the jury will snicker and find me not-guilty.

FirstFreedom
May 17, 2007, 09:36 AM
^
|
|
Now that's funny. :)

NINE, what is the white tape for?

RedneckFur
May 17, 2007, 11:17 AM
Like others said, the ultimate HD shotgun is one you have shot until its second nature. Personally, I say forget about the accessories, leave a small lamp on in your home, and go shooting every chance ya get. I'd depend on that guy more than the guy who's got $500 in acessories on a $200 gun.

Creature
May 17, 2007, 01:59 PM
Here is my mil-spec Mossberg 590A1.

I decided that I could try to dress her up (or down...however you might look at it). I live in the burb's and thought it a good idea to make her look a bit more civil than hostile.

ebutler462
May 17, 2007, 06:16 PM
Hey guys, read the post on this forum: "Have you ever...".

Excellent info from lots of knowledgeable members. It is worth reading and considering.

NINE
May 17, 2007, 10:44 PM
NINE, what is the white tape for?

It's because I'm anal and I'm protecting the receiver from the forend. It's aluminum foil tape, and it works VERY well. Also looks pimping.

:D

Country
May 19, 2007, 11:43 PM
Guys, thank you all for sharing on this topic.

I was wanting a new bird gun / HD gun and I was getting caught up with all the bling bling on these really he-man looking guns. I like the intimidation look and think they are cool, but I know my gun will see more action during a bird season than at any other time. So, with all the excellent info posted here and my need for a multi-purpose gun that my teenage girl could also handle, I have decided on a 870 in 20 ga. with a few bling blings that it would wear during the off season.:cool:

The members here Rock !

NINE
May 20, 2007, 12:30 AM
I was wanting a new bird gun / HD gun and I was getting caught up with all the bling bling

Here's my bling bling bird gun! :D

http://i3.tinypic.com/6agxxte.jpg

I have a 4" extended full choke for my 14" Fabarm... Shot this turkey on May 15th.

http://i10.tinypic.com/5y01zyd.jpg
without choke.

Country
May 20, 2007, 04:59 PM
Hey NINE,
That pic is too cool :cool: " Make my day, TURKEY " :p
Good job.

I don't think of HD guns when I think of CANADA, what is the laws up there?

NINE
May 21, 2007, 11:57 PM
Well, we can have shotguns that have barrels under 18" IF they are a factory or manufactured barrel. Dlask here in canada makes 14 and 12.5" barrels for 870 shotguns 10.5 and 8.5" barreled shotgun configurations. A new and surprising development is the Dlask SMD-12; this has a 8.5" WITH pistol grip. It has been approved as a manufactured configuration. This is raising a few eyebrows as it is well below the 26" OAL limit which has previously been gospel.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/unopistoleros/P1020005.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/unopistoleros/P1020017.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/unopistoleros/P1020020.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/unopistoleros/P1020009.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/unopistoleros/P1020012.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/unopistoleros/P1010018.jpg

I NEED one of these.

RedneckFur
May 22, 2007, 12:04 AM
I'd love to have one of those with a standard shoulder stock. Stupid American gun laws.... GRRR!

KALIFORNIST
May 22, 2007, 02:13 PM
that is the coolest thing I have seen in a while

omnibus1967
May 22, 2007, 03:20 PM
i have a mossberg 12ga pump with #1 buckshot...6 rds.

what could anyone need more than that? why mod it? it already works fine.

i just have to do my part.

fixboot
May 30, 2007, 03:02 AM
Ok, Im ready for the zombie invasion. I have the original stock and I usually throw it on before I go out for clays or general plinking around.....but once its back home, that PGO goes back on and she rests inches from my bed.I like posting pictures of it in pgo trim because its funny to watch the people get thier feathers ruffled over my "useless contraption".......:rolleyes: Ive put tens of thousands of rounds down the tube and I prefer the pg for the house. Feels better to have a shorter shotty.

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/1286/s5030397yy7.jpg

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/6517/s5030389ir1.jpg

94bluerat
May 30, 2007, 06:52 AM
First Post! Good forum, interesting topic. As always, there are as many choices as people. Kudo's to the people suggesting a 20ga. I let my wife pick the gun she was most comfortable holding. I wanted her to get an 1100 in 20ga, but she was more comfortable with the 870, less weight in the front. Practice, practice, practice.
One thought on mounting extra shells on the stock. They hurt if you have to shoot w/ your offhand. I have had to shoot as much from my left shoulder as from my right!

Thanks!

Doggieman
May 30, 2007, 03:39 PM
leave a small lamp on in your home, and go shooting every chance ya get.

Seems like that would be awfully hard on your home. Not to mention alarm the wife if you get up and start blasting stuff in the middle of the night.

fixboot
May 30, 2007, 09:54 PM
Quote:
leave a small lamp on in your home, and go shooting every chance ya get.

Seems like that would be awfully hard on your home. Not to mention alarm the wife if you get up and start blasting stuff in the middle of the night.

My side hurts..........funny stuff!