PDA

View Full Version : EM Gear aka emgear.net

JimJD
March 23, 2007, 05:24 PM
In my ongoing search for a good seller of equipment, I ran across "EM Gear" ( http://www.emgear.net ).
Has anyone purchased anything from them in the past or recently?
They seem like an okay operation, decent prices on what I'm looking to buy and whatnot. But after learning about Botach.com I'm a little cautious...

Thanks

JimJD
March 26, 2007, 06:06 PM
I decided to go ahead and place an order with EMGEAR.com.
So far, so good. I placed the order on Sat., got an e-mail today staing my order has been filled and is on it's way. ETA on delivery is this Wed. or Thurs..
Products ordered were a couple of Maxpedition bags and accessories.
I'll keep up with the updates, let's see what happens.
:D

JimJD
March 30, 2007, 09:00 PM
Good news for the most part.
I recieved the order on wednesday, they responded to an e-mail quickly, and I got my stuff. I have a small problem with one of the Maxpedition bags though (Fatboy "jumbo" s-type). I want to make it clear that it has nothing to do with EM Gear.

It turns out, there is a small defect with some stitching that was performed at the factory. I didn't notice it until the next day, and I will be contacting Maxpedition to get the problem corrrected. It's not a huge problem right now, but it will become one after a little use.
Eh, these things happen. I want to add that my other Maxpedition bag (Falcon II) has been great since day one.