PDA

View Full Version : 870 Tactical

my00forest
March 17, 2007, 03:12 PM
hows it going, this is my first post on this forum and i figured i would open with a picture of my remington 870 that i have been building. a friend of mine got me interested in guns and i figured that i would buy a 870 because of the cost and the versatility of the weapon. i've gotten sucked into modifying the gun and i have been kind of turning it into a home defense weapon.
the things i have done to it so far is
knoxx collapsible stock
18.5 inch barrel
scatter gun tech fore end
and waiting to install a 6 shot side saddle (that i've had forever)
ok now the pics

here it is with the stock barrel still on

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f150/my00forest/0218071953.jpg

and here is how it sits now

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f150/my00forest/0317071557.jpg

the pics don't really do it justice since i took them with my cell phone
i don't really know what else to do to it after i install my side saddle, maybe a light and possibly a mag extension.
anyway this is my first gun and i love it, i just wish i got to get out and shoot it more often.

Black_Talon
March 17, 2007, 05:00 PM
i don't really know what else to do to it after i install my side saddle,

I wouldn't spend another dime on hardware, I'd buy a bunch of ammo and actually start using the gun. Maybe even go to a "Tactical Shotgun" class to learn to shoot your new gun.

my00forest
March 19, 2007, 11:18 AM
yeah, as soon as one of my buddies gets home from school i will be able to shoot it a bunch more because he has a ton of farm land and woods where we can shoot.
i'll have to look into taking a tactical shotgun class, that sounds really awesome

bcarver
March 19, 2007, 01:36 PM
I was considering a hogue forend. Why did you choose the one that you did?
What do you like about it?

my00forest
March 19, 2007, 05:08 PM
i got mine from scattergun technologies, the reason i got it is that it is shorter and it doesnt overlap the reciever so that my 6 shot side saddle will fit. i like the feel of it too, i wish i could have afforded the surefire light fore end but it costs almost as much as the gun itself