PDA

View Full Version : CenterFire let me down for the first time

Hedley
March 6, 2007, 04:56 PM
I've always had great dealings with Centerfire...cheap prices, friendly staff, and quick shipping. But this time I just don't know. On Friday, I ordered 3 Romaninan kits and some othe small stuff.

I was all excited at the fact that I would be building rifles in relaxation while my fiance goes out of town for a week on the 12th. But when I called today to ask a general question on the order, the operator told me the kits were backordered and that their site was not updated to reflect this. When I asked her when they would be expecting new kits to come in, she said, and I quote, "Hell if I know." I thought she was joking, so I asked,"A few days, weeks, months, what?" She said, "I have no idea." Order cancelled.

Than a day later, they updated their site to say they were backordered.:mad:

I'm sure I'll buy from them again, but it kinda miffed me that they dropped the ball on updating their site. Plus, their kits are the lowest priced around. I ended up ordering from Copes for a bit more.

contender6030
March 6, 2007, 08:00 PM
That, My friend would be the last chance for them to tell me "hell if I know"!:mad: Even if you do have to Pay a few bucks more.

Hedley
March 6, 2007, 08:07 PM
Haha, I know what you mean. It's like breaking up with a perfect 10 because she doesn't like the same music as you. Maybe I just got a hold of the wrong rep at the wrong point in her day.

Logs
March 7, 2007, 10:08 PM
I never thought they were very friendly. I have picked up ammo there before in the closet they call a store front and the guy always seems to be in a bad mood. They don't seem to have the great deals that they use to. I don't mess with them anymore.