PDA

View Full Version : Major Surplus Customer Service Sucks

karlsgunbunker
March 2, 2007, 06:21 PM
I've been doing business with Major Surplus for 7+ years and have always gotten good value and service from them.
Even when there were problems with an order, I could call and they would make it good.

That all changed this week.
I placed an order on 2/20/07 for 9 different items (multiples of some) the total with shipping is around $200 ($17.95 shipping).
I actually recieved 5 of the items I ordered and 2 posters ($26) that I did not order. Numbers were not even close to anything I ordered.
I assumed the remainder would be back ordered. WRONG!

Major Surplus evidently no longer does backorders. If you want an Item that has been backordered you have to start a new order and pay additional shipping.
This would not have been a problem had I known this. Is this policy listed in their catalog? NO!
Is this policy listed on the website checkout? NO!

So of course I call to resolve the problem with the wrong items they sent and question this policy.
My confirmation e-mail from Major Surplus said my order would be shipped for $17.95.
I consider this a contract. I don't mind backorders but getting clipped for another $15+ for shipping is ridiculous.

So back to my call, the problem with the incorect items was no problem just return...
When I asked about the back order thing, I told her I wanted the items listed on the confirmation shipped at the agreed upon price. I'm told I can "Start another Order" I don't like the answer and ask to talk to a supervisor.
I'm put on hold for several minutes.
When the lady comes back to the phone, she states that the supervisor is unavailable (go figure).
She also states that if I'm unhappy with their policy they will be glad to remove my name from their mailing list because they don't need my business.
When I asked for her name she hung up ***!

It seems like Major Surplus doesn't need me as a customer.

I've always spoken highly of Major Surplus in the past and recomended them to lots of folks.

I wanted all of you to know about the new backorder policy and their rude customer service folks.
Seems like when companies get to a certain size they forget who pays the bills.

They don't have to worry about seeing any more of my money.

Rant over!

sanson
March 2, 2007, 06:27 PM
thanks for the heads-up, customer service is very important these days with shipping being so high

Titan13
March 8, 2007, 11:18 PM
It sounds like !!! Major Surplus Customer Service Sucks!

mike452
March 9, 2007, 01:49 AM
I was planning to go there this weekend. Is this the Major Surplus in Gardena, ca?

AZGunLover
March 9, 2007, 01:52 AM
Thanks for the heads up, I'll let my friends know.

9mmHP
March 9, 2007, 08:43 AM
If this purchase was by credit card, file a dispute today.