PDA

View Full Version : Follow up - Sentenced

KyJim
February 2, 2007, 09:40 PM
I submitted a post several months ago about my home being broken into over the summer. See, http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212875

I'm happy to report the bad guy got sentenced a few days ago. After pleading guilty to burglary and being a persistent felony offender, he got 20 years. I am very satisfied.

Gbro
February 3, 2007, 12:31 AM
You are lucky the girls did as they were told.
Great outcome. Hope its the last for you.

Gbro

wolfsong
February 3, 2007, 01:51 AM
Right on! You're a great father and I'm glad this worked out with no one getting hurt and the a$$hat going away for a long time. I needed some good news like this tonight. It is a full moon and the "guests" that I "babysit at a women's prison were in their particularly bad behavior mood. Thanks for the cheerful update. Peace and God bless, Wolfsong.

orionengnr
February 3, 2007, 08:42 AM
I remember reading your original post and I am please to see that the wheels of justice turn.

Sounds as if the judges and good citizens of Kentucky (jurors) have a bit more common sense than is evident in some other parts of the country...

I love a happy ending. (sniff...)

The Real Wyatt
February 5, 2007, 01:23 PM
Excellent outcome and kudos to the girls.

I am curious though about the gun. Was it taken as evidence? If so, do you know when you'll get it back?

KyJim
February 5, 2007, 05:53 PM
The gun was not taken as evidence. Police photographed it in place (he had stuffed it in a pillow case to take with him).