PDA

View Full Version : Color code for dummies...

Kentucky Deer Hunter
January 22, 2007, 03:34 PM
I've been here for a little while now and really enjoy reading all the information here. However, I do have one question... Can someone lay out the Color Level of Awareness Code (sounded good at least) if that is what it is called. Obviously Red would be high... Dumb question, I know:D

Samurai
January 22, 2007, 05:20 PM
Red is high alert, Yellow is medium, Nobody's ever been to Green, so we don't really know.

But is that it? Just three colors to describe all of our emotions?!? No, surely not!

I suggest we expand this code a little:

Green = New/Unfamiliar Situation.
Blue = Dead.
Orange = Hunting.
Purple = In the process of being beaten.
Polka Dots = Already shot.
Stripes = Multiple Lacerations.
Plaid = Ludicrus Speed!
Callico = Being drug behind a truck.
Pink = Chickening Out.
White = Scared.
Black = Hiding.
Brown = Just really, really dirty.

Anyone else? Make sense?

ArfinGreebly
January 22, 2007, 05:23 PM
There's a detailed description here:
http://www.albany.edu/ssw/projectsafe/awareness.html

natjohnb
January 22, 2007, 05:25 PM
WHITE- completely unaware of surroundings (most people are in this state, it's what BGs look for)

YELLOW- Aware of the surroundings and looking for threats (the state of mind everyone should be in without being paranoid)

ORANGE-Potential threat has been recognized, are in the state of mind to take steps to avoid or prepare for possible confrontation

RED- Threat is real. Fight or Flight

BreacherUp!
January 22, 2007, 08:08 PM
The biggest part missing here is the setting of "triggers" and "safeties" when in Orange. Briefly described as formulating a plan. Setting a trigger (if the guy does X, I'm doing Y), and safeties (again, if guy does X, I'm doing Z - read deescalation). Failing to set triggers and safeties (or formulating a basic plan) will not necessarily put you in black, but it will slow your reaction time.
The stuff works. We used this model considerably in the sand box, and it payed big dividends.

BerettaBuckeye
January 22, 2007, 09:48 PM
Green = New/Unfamiliar Situation.
Blue = Dead.
Orange = Hunting.
Purple = In the process of being beaten.
Polka Dots = Already shot.
Stripes = Multiple Lacerations.
Plaid = Ludicrus Speed!
Callico = Being drug behind a truck.
Pink = Chickening Out.
White = Scared.
Black = Hiding.
Brown = Just really, really dirty.

:D Ha, I may just steal that for a new kick butt signature

mete
January 22, 2007, 10:22 PM
White is when you're wearing a big sign that says SUCKER. RED -it's time to change pants. Orange - ask 'Which is the fastest way out of Dodge ?'

T. O'Heir
January 23, 2007, 02:05 AM
"...Dumb question..." No such thing. The only dumb/stupid question is the one not asked. However, there is no 'colour' code. Your should always be aware of what's going on around you. You don't always need to react, but you should pay attention to your surroundings and be prepared to react.
Carrying yourself with confidence eliminates a lot of BS. Criminals look for people who look like they won't fight back. Look like a victim and you'll be one.

Tom Givens
January 23, 2007, 03:32 PM
You might want to read this
http://www.teddytactical.com/SharpenBladeArticle/4_States%20of%20Awareness.htm