PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of Tactics and Training...

wolfsong
January 21, 2007, 11:05 PM
My wife and my hunting partner's wife got together and bought us both a two day defensive handgun course from Front Sight in Nevada. Anyone out there been through this course? Their website makes everything sound top notch, fun, and result driven. Pricey, but not as expensive as it'll be having our wives run around Vegas while we're out being boys playing with our toys. I've read some negative stuff regarding religious connections and disgruntled investors, but their religious, political and financial business is just that - theirs. As long as we're not approached about converting or investing, I don't have a problem with them. But are the courses as good as they sound? care to share any thoughts on this, if you've been through any of their courses? Thanks, Wolfsong.

wolfsong
January 21, 2007, 11:12 PM
Uh, duh, right after I posted this I saw the thread entitled "Training Courses" :rolleyes: ! Oops. But I'd still like some first hand stories - you know, what did you like, what didn't you like, was there pressure to perform better, are the instructors patient, did ya really learn anything, what gear did ya bring and what would you have brought instead, if you had known? They recommend certain tac lights and certain types of holsters, etc. Are they really necessary? Any input that will make this a great experience is appreciated. Thanks again, Wolfsong.