View Full Version : Iranian Policewomen

January 20, 2007, 08:36 PM
The mind boggles (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOBLSmiSDFQ).

A perfect Islamicist complement to Monty Python (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_who_say_Ni).

January 20, 2007, 11:18 PM
Wow ... they look likes nuns trying to be police. Odd!

Blackwater OPS
January 21, 2007, 07:07 AM
As silly as it was to watch them repel in burkas, I would NOT mess with those chicks. That said, I'm not sure how this relates to tactics and or training.

January 21, 2007, 08:55 AM
its nice to see that they leave women do something, i think they would be more frightening than men if i robbed a bank and looked in the back mirror and shouted " jesus, Martin look! theres penguins with guns chasing us!"

Deaf Smith
January 21, 2007, 09:00 AM
For a moment I thought my Church, the Catholic one, had decided nuns needed some SD skills.

While I'm sure they have some good training, the SD they showed stinks.

January 21, 2007, 09:03 AM
Hanging out the car window while doing police chases does`nt seem too smart. :rolleyes:

January 21, 2007, 11:36 AM
I'm sure that this will be a new comedy on tv this year.

January 21, 2007, 12:17 PM
Not sure how it relates to tactics & training, eh?

Well, I can maybe take a stab at that, and turn this thread into something useful rather than an "oh gee, lookit the funny people" bit of fluff.

Here's the deal, guys: different people wear different clothing.

In our culture, women occasionally wear dresses & skirts. Depending on the occasion, they also wear high heels, low heels, flippy-flappy shoes, and sometimes even wear sensible shoes. In our culture, women also get to wear slacks, jeans, capris, shorts, etc -- the exact construction of which varies greatly depending upon the activity & setting.

Men also wear different clothes depending on the circumstance. Suits & ties, business casual, weekend casual, and "ohmigawd I can't believe you're wearing that!" casual.

But at the range, we all wear the same thing: jeans, tee shirts, maybe a sweatshirt. Maybe in the summer, it'll be shorts & a tee shirt.

Anyone see where I'm going with this yet?

These Iranian policewomen are doing something too few of us do: they are training in the clothes they actually wear most of the time.

Kudos to them. And something to think about for everyone.

January 22, 2007, 10:16 AM
Watching them rappel down the building brings me thoughts of "Batman". LOL

January 22, 2007, 10:28 AM
Great stuff, I wonder if they will get to patrol or be put in an office ?

January 22, 2007, 11:13 AM
Just think of all the ordnance they can conceal under those

January 22, 2007, 11:29 AM
Great stuff, I wonder if they will get to patrol or be put in an office ?

Given the culture, I suspect there are a jillion places that only women may patrol -- and you know they are gonna get called every time there is an investigation that involves a female suspect since only another woman may talk to a woman outside the family.

January 22, 2007, 12:23 PM
This video lives me very perplexed. I see them doing things that in my book police officers shouldn't do.
Anyway, sabres shouldn't be presented point back, unless that's a drill with a non weapon.

January 22, 2007, 12:23 PM
I find it pretty incredible that they allow their women to do that. And that so many would do it. They looked rough too. **SHUDDER** Remind me never to go to Iran and take up a life of crime.

January 22, 2007, 12:39 PM
stuckon308: Remind me never to go to Iran and take up a life of crime

...or be around when they spray lead from a moving vehicle into another?

January 22, 2007, 01:31 PM
sometimes even wear sensible shoes

I'll believe that when I see it:D

Here in Baghdad, we have a few female police officers on the FOB. As previously stated, Muslim police women are very actively involved whenever there is a female suspect or victim.
As also previously stated, they are often found in offices as a liason officers or translators. We have some female civilian translators attached to our task force here.
One difference between Iraq and Iran is that here, the military/police associated females wear variations of the BDU/DCU uniform, not the traditional Burkha associated with their faith.

Just some input.

January 22, 2007, 05:52 PM
the perfect weapon..you'd never see it coming..and just think all the stuff you can hide under a burka..armor, grenades, smoke bombs, ammo, full auto MP5 with a shoulder sling, sawed off shotgun ..i mean the possibilities are endless...damn ,, i want a burka now, id have to loose the go-tee, it would make CCW virtuality a breeze:D

January 22, 2007, 06:12 PM

January 22, 2007, 06:12 PM
Men also wear different clothes depending on the circumstance. Suits & ties, business casual, weekend casual, and "ohmigawd I can't believe you're wearing that!" casual.

You mean they are not women!!! :eek:

January 22, 2007, 10:05 PM
Looks like a bad 70s or 80s action movie.

January 23, 2007, 12:01 PM
To be technical, what they are wearing aren't burkas (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burqa). Burkas are the garments that cover the entire body, not even leaving the eyes visible. They are jilbib (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jilb%C4%81b) (singular jilbab) which is like a long baggy gown. The links are to wikipedia

January 24, 2007, 11:59 AM
Ah they ain't nothin. Those nuns I had back in Catlick school would'a kicked their butts, with hickory blackboard pointers. :D

Pinky Carruthers
January 24, 2007, 12:47 PM
Two things I noticed:
1) When they shoot the guy opening the trunk and the camera zooms out, two of the cops had a nice crossfire going.
2)When they are shooting from the car the cop with the MP5 has to keep pulling back the charging handle. Because of the blanks, I guess?

February 7, 2007, 06:31 AM
Sitting outside the car windows and shooting...

I wonder how many of the faithful diligently watching in the background would be struck by errant bullets had this been a real chase. Interesting.