PDA

View Full Version : Blackwater Training?

Prophet
January 10, 2007, 12:14 PM
Do you have to be X-Military to become a blackwater security contractor?

Thanks for all the replys.

cgbills
January 10, 2007, 01:51 PM
While it does not explicitly say so the answer is yes. Also they want you to have combat experience. I have a buddy in Blackwater. He is a National Guard infantryman, we are in the same unit, and has combat experience in Afghanistan. He says he kind of feel out of place and does not get a whole lot of respect because most of the guys are former SF and Rangers. Bottom line yes.

dixierifleman
January 10, 2007, 02:11 PM
go to their website. they also take SWAT and other LEOs.

greyson
January 22, 2007, 11:58 PM
I don't claim to know squat about Blackwater. I hear the same stories as everyone else. I assumed they had prerequisites for employment.

But I do seem to recall they offer a 12 (maybe 20) week program to qualify people to be employed. Is that in lieu of Mil/LEO experience?

I simply have no idea either way, however.

Regards,
Greyson

Blackwater OPS
January 23, 2007, 06:16 AM
Generally, yes, although even that is no guarantee of a job offer.

shooter71
January 26, 2007, 11:07 PM
read post wrong sorry:)

Atla
February 2, 2007, 08:11 PM
I was hoping this thread would be about the training courses Blackwater offers, it's a long drive from where I live(the opposite side of NC) - but I've been pretty tempted to sign up.

HowdyZ_28
February 3, 2007, 09:59 PM
I worked closely with a group of BlackWater guys defending some EOD civilians in Iraq. For the most part they were all "combat experienced" soldier/marines, but they had one in their group that was a navy guy, never been on a boat, never seen combat and DID NOT know how to use an M-16 when he applied for the job!!!

This being in '03, I assumed BlackWater was hurting for people because the demand was so high...
I sincerely hope they aren't taking that caliber of person now!!!!

Scott