PDA

View Full Version : Need Tech Help w/ pictures on forum

castnblast
January 6, 2007, 02:35 PM
Can someone send me a PM on how to attach a photo. My pics are uploading to 1.20+ MB. I'm new to this stuff. I know or heard they can be compressed... Hmmm. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Art Eatman
January 6, 2007, 04:10 PM
Click on "Manage Attachments" and then follow the directions. :)

I load pics from "My Pictures", generally. One thing I had to learn was to wait a bit for the software to do the upload. Then hit the Submit Reply button.

Art

ZeroJunk
January 6, 2007, 07:01 PM
I think a 640 X 480 is about as high a resolution as most forums want to see.A lot of the pictures I have are larger than that.The software program with your camera may have a feature to reduce them.I know the Canon software will make it any size you want to email,but I haven't figured out how to use it to download directly to a forum.Photoshop will do it.Nero Photosnap will do it.I'm sure there are others.

castnblast
January 6, 2007, 09:10 PM
Thanks guys... I need to "play" with my software a bit more. It appears to be expanding the file (???) when downloading, or my resolution is just too high. I'll figure it out eventually and get the pix out there. :confused:

76-bronco-J
January 6, 2007, 09:28 PM
-- to resize,,,,you can open the pics in PAINT ,, then click image at the top,,, then click stretch & skew ,,,,begin putting amounts equal in the stretch section such as 40% to reduce size,,,,,, clicking on attributes tells the size

Pointer
January 6, 2007, 10:01 PM
How about videos?

Is it the same process?