PDA

View Full Version : Obese bg's

Freetacos
November 19, 2006, 02:49 AM
As Americans become increasingly obese, should law abiding citizens in the US consider using increasingly powerful loads to defend themselves from rotound assailants?

jlh26oo
November 19, 2006, 03:02 AM
Makes sense to me.

tomh1426
November 19, 2006, 03:10 AM
You might also consider a larger caliber for cold weather , Id guess layers of heavy clothes is harder to penitrate than a few inches of fat

Ac1d0v3r1d3
November 19, 2006, 03:20 AM
i think we should consult TBOT on this. Myabe get some heavy coats, vs defense rounds.
And then some fat (maybe actual animal fat or gelatin) vs defense rounds

Double Naught Spy
November 19, 2006, 06:39 AM
As Americans become increasingly obese, should law abiding citizens in the US consider using increasingly powerful loads to defend themselves from rotound assailants?

Since the American weight thing has been noticed since at least as early as the 1960s or 70s, I would sort of hope that the ammo you buy now already compensated for that as information on the ammo is based on recent statistics of the last decade, not the first 3/4 of the 1900s. No doubt ammo will continue to change with time as well just as it has been changing since 60s and 70s.

Daves-got-guns
November 19, 2006, 08:32 AM
it does kind of make since. I would worry about 2 inches of extra muscle more then 5-10 inches of extra fat though. But clothing is the big concern especially for hollow points.

Mas Ayoob
November 19, 2006, 09:31 AM
On morbidly obese opponents, the apron of fat tends to contraindicate pelvic shots.

On frontal shots, whether opponent is hugely obese or hugely muscular, there will be little extra covering the sternum.

When in doubt, neither fat nor muscle protects the head.

orionengnr
November 19, 2006, 09:59 AM
What?
You never heard of a Fathead? :)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Good points, especially the sternum and head.

yomama
November 19, 2006, 10:13 AM
Are we seriously discussing this? Really? This is for real?

WOW

Dino.
November 19, 2006, 11:59 AM
Also alot of minorities are muscular, from jail steriods or genetics.

Spell check works, but apparently "ignorant check" was turned off. :rolleyes:

And is it just me, or does anybody else find it ironic that this thread was started by someone with the username "freetacos"? :D

UH1-D Rotorhead
November 19, 2006, 12:31 PM
...speechless:rolleyes:

Donovan655
November 19, 2006, 01:08 PM
if BG's are getting progressively fat then it makes it easier to simply outrun them--unless you're just as out of shape. Then yeah i guess getting some .50 AE is like getting ahead of the curve.

[sarcasm off]

Capt Charlie
November 19, 2006, 01:31 PM
This thread's less than 12 hours old, and it already took the low road. I wonder if that's a new record?

The subject of body mass and heavy clothing is a good one. Feel free to restart it, minus the references to minorities, etc., but this one's closed.

garryc
November 19, 2006, 01:32 PM
Also alot of minorities are muscular, from jail steriods or genetics.

Guy, that's not just minorities it's inmates of all walks. Basically, you have men with no place to vent anger or sexuality. Men who are used to acting aggressively. They burn that testosterone by lifting, often to exhaustion.
As far as penetration is concerned, I would concern myself with muscle mass over fat mass do to density. I read an article once that stated a cop shot a guy 5 times with reduced recoil #4 buckshot at ranges of 10-20 yards. He hit front back and side. None of the pellets penetrated the thoracic cavity.