PDA

View Full Version : Fiocchi Buckshot?

Narcoleptic Warrior
November 17, 2006, 03:45 AM
Has anyone here tried firing made in Italy fiocchi buckshot? Specifically, I'm talking about this:

http://wwwasp1.nexa.it/NEIPFiocchiWeb/Estrai?COD=172

the high velocity SG buck loading. Product code: 86 3629

How does it compare to Winchester Super X 00 buckshot loads like:

http://www.winchester.com/products/catalog/shotdetail.aspx?symbol=XB1200&bn=1&use=4&gauge=12

How do they stack up in hunting efficacy, accuracy and recoil?

Daves-got-guns
November 18, 2006, 02:51 PM
i haven't shot any of their shotshells loads, but quality control with autoloader rounds was lacking, big understatement. I had 9mm and .380 fiochi loads and my guns liked neither, the 9mm eats up anything i put into it of course but i believe the one failure ive had with it was with fiochi ammo. Also their ballistic readings are usually way off. Stick with winchester ammo, or federal or remington or w/e works for you

Dave McC
November 18, 2006, 04:45 PM
Lee Lapin writes that he's impressed with the Fiocchi buck. Lee's fecally cognizant

Death from Afar
November 19, 2006, 03:35 PM
Dude, its superb. Looking in my cabinet I have around 200 rds of 00 and have shot a few goats over the years with it. I rate it better than any other buck there is.

jhgreasemonkey
November 20, 2006, 08:35 PM
Fiocci shotgun ammo is inexpensive and has performed good in my experiences. I havent had the pleasure of shooting rabid goats with it but it has done okay for me.

Jager1
November 23, 2006, 10:18 PM
I used to use Fiocchi for practice and while it seemed adequate, I use Winchester or Remington for serious applications. For practice these days, I use Sellier and Bellot.

The most important factor is how it patterns in your gun at the ranges you intend to use it.

45reloader
November 25, 2006, 04:24 PM
How is recoil?

jhgreasemonkey
November 25, 2006, 07:30 PM
As long as your staying with the same length cartrige there is not much noticable difference between the different brands of similar loads. I cant feel any difference. If you dont like recoil. Fiocchi and the others make reduced recoil loads. They have slightly less power but with a 12 guage you have power to spare for most applications. (assuming youre talking 12 guage)