PDA

View Full Version : Enfield 2A replacement screw kit?

Bosshoff
October 23, 2006, 08:57 AM
I tried searching the forums and Brownells to no avail. I have an Indian surplus Enfield 2A in 7.62 NATO. ALL of the screws on the whole rifle have damaged heads. Does anyone sell a replacement screw "kit" or "package?" I plan on having the firearm parkerized, and would like to have new screws prior to being refinished. Thanks.

cntryboy1289
October 23, 2006, 11:02 AM
You can save yourself some headache by learning how to peen over the bad spots on the screws yourself. There may be someone out there that sells replacement screws for you, do a google on the Enfield rifles and all sorts of info comes up including several places for parts.

Learning to fix the screws is something anyone that has an old gun should know. Get yourself a book on gunsmithing, most all of them show you how to do it.

Bosshoff
October 23, 2006, 03:29 PM
Countryboy, there is nothing left of the screw heads to peen. They all have deep hourglass shapes. I will look on Google.

Bill T
October 23, 2006, 03:38 PM
Bosshoff,

Try www.303british.com The guy to talk to over there regarding anything and everything concerning the Enfield is Steve Ridgewell. I'm sure if you E-Mail him he'll be glad to help. Bill T.

T. O'Heir
October 24, 2006, 01:48 AM
Parkerizing isn't the right finish. It'll do, but it isn't the original finish. Gunparts lists all the screws, but the stock screws. Although, they may have them too. http://www.e-gunparts.com/products.asp?chrMasterModel=1990zNO%202A%20MKIII%20ISHAPORE&MC=

Bosshoff
October 25, 2006, 12:04 PM
Yeah I know. crappy black paint is the "right" finish.