PDA

View Full Version : Medically discharged Air Force TSgt.

Hamp1962
October 1, 2006, 03:45 AM
I am being discharged from the Air Force for medical problems such as bad knees and shoulders. Is there a firearms course out there that could help me to pertect my family? I'm presently at Travis AFB Ca. and hope to be moving to upper north west like montana, Idaho or possibly eastern Washington . I'd like to have a small gun shop and be a gunsmith. Nothing big just enough to get by with my disability. TSgt Larry Roberson

U.S.SFC_RET
October 1, 2006, 05:12 AM
First of all Tech Sergeant thank you for your service to our country. I am sorry to hear about your medical discharge. Search the threads here and the The high road and you will get a general idea of where you want to to go school. I have been asking the same questions myself, there is a lot of support here so look around in the smithy

springmom
October 1, 2006, 08:33 AM
Thank you for your service to our country!

I have arthritis and some other health problems, and am unable to work full time, but I manage okay to shoot. I imagine that any training course will be able to accomodate you if you let them know ahead of time what your limitations are. Meanwhile, practice, practice, practice on your own within your own capabilities.

As for gunsmithing, GOOD FOR YOU. God knows there aren't enough good ones to go around. Good luck!

Springmom

Blackwater OPS
October 1, 2006, 12:52 PM
Check the "Training Schools" list at the top of this sub-forum. I personally favor "Front sight".

If you are ever in the LA area I do a training course every 3rd weekend at burro canyon.