PDA

View Full Version : Clothing for concealed carry--my idea

OneInTheChamber
September 29, 2006, 07:56 PM
For people who carry IWB with a tucked in shirt, why doesn't a company make shirts that have a small grab loop (something made of the same pattern/color as the shirt) so that a person can quickly and reliably pull their shirt out of the way?

Like a belt loop, but a little bigger and in a horizontal orientation. Most people would have zero idea what it is for; so it wouldn't blow your "cover".

faust
September 29, 2006, 09:07 PM
I like it. Good idea. I think i'll try to sew some loops on a shirt or two and see how it works out.

snolden
September 29, 2006, 09:40 PM
Good idea but until then just keep practicing. I practice a minimum of 15 draws per week with live fire and another few dozen each week with an empty gun.

propellerhead in TX
September 29, 2006, 09:52 PM
I'd rather see built in pocket/holsters in pants and shorts.

Glockamolie
September 30, 2006, 07:18 AM
How about some sort of drawstring that runs up over the shoulder on the inside, and attaches to the strong side at the bottom hem? That way, you have a loop on the weak side that you pull, and it lifts the strong side like opening the drapes.

OK, maybe I'm reaching a bit, but I bet there's a ton of money to be made for a workable system.

Double Naught Spy
September 30, 2006, 08:24 AM
For people who carry IWB with a tucked in shirt, why doesn't a company make shirts that have a small grab loop (something made of the same pattern/color as the shirt) so that a person can quickly and reliably pull their shirt out of the way?

Since not everyone wears their gun in the same place, there would need to be multiple loops in order to be most practical, that is, to actually improve over just grabbeing a handful of shirt.

Next, the loops will need to be stitched in to the shirt via a reinforced section of material on the shirt such that the little beltloop sized pull loop doesn't simply tear out the bottom of the shirt. The risk of tearing out the bottom of the shirt would be due to the fact that the shirt is tucked and held in place over a wide area whereas the loop would be pulling at just one little spot. The amount of pull needed to overcome the friction of the overall area of the tucked shirt around the loop easily could be such that the fabric of the shirt simply won't hold up without reinforcement. In doing practice draws with such a device, no doubt it will ruin the shirt in fairly quick short order if the shirt isn't sufficiently reinforced.

paramedic70002
October 2, 2006, 06:39 AM
Since I'm constantly holding my open shirt down to prevent exposure, how about some kind of attachment of the tail to the belt that will pull away when needed. I have been tucking the tail up under my belt, but it just doesn't look right.