PDA

View Full Version : Dallas SWAT TV show

Mark54g
September 28, 2006, 09:57 PM
I just got done screaming at the TV. They did a bust on this show and they found some weapons and drugs. The house they busted (actually a duplex with half of it being occupied by elderly and kids) had what looked like some second rate weapons. Then the officer said they found Black Talons "armor pierceing rounds" and that he was very happy to get them off the street

WTH?? I would have expected better from those who train for their lives.

ITEOTWAWKI
September 28, 2006, 10:18 PM
I'm starting to not like dallas swat. At first I thought it was interesting to see what they used and how they worked but now I just watch for mistakes. On one hand, it's too easy to play armchair quarterback and dissect their mistakes but on the other hand they don't seems to 'have it together' very well. They make too much a ruckus, too often seeming to rely on any potential BGs to lay on the floor in response to their (often bumbling) entrance. I know it's just a group of guys trying to do the best they can but I really thought that the (supposedly) elite folks that make it to swat were a little more professional than some of the jokers they have.

Capt Charlie
September 28, 2006, 10:23 PM
Sorry fellers, but this is more than a wee bit off topic for tactics & training; don't 'cha think?

Closed.