PDA

View Full Version : Defending against a no-Knock

atlctyslkr
September 4, 2006, 09:08 AM
I'm interested to hear how others are preparing for the possibility of a no-knock senario. It seems that gestapo tactics are on the rise and the police are not being held accountable. Some people have been killed or seriously injured. I plan on greeting anyone who attempts to forcibly enter my home harshly, no matter who they are or claim to be.

Our justice system used to be based on the philosophy that it was better to let a guilty person free than punish an innocent person. Now it seems that mowing down innocent people in their own homes is the cost of doing business.

ddskehan
September 4, 2006, 09:19 AM
I would certainly hope that they check if the person in the house has a LTC. It would be bad news for them and me if they did a no knock at my house after hours. bad for me because I would be dead, and them because i'm a good shot.

pwrtool45
September 4, 2006, 09:55 AM
Your question could have been asked in a slightly less inflammatory manner. Or was it your intent from the beginning to cause a thread lock in record time?

In any case, no-knock raids aren't exactly planned around you being awake, alert and armed with your favorite EBR/MBR/whatever. Should you experience the astronomically improbable situation of being the mistaken target of a raid, rest assured the only thing you'll be doing "harshly" will be limited to harsh language. To suggest you can mount an effective defense against a team of well-trained professionals who chose the time, place and circumstances is ludicrous. Almost comically so.

If you want to discuss the legitimacy of no-knock raids, there's a sub-forum on this board devoted to such things (Legal and Political) though I believe such a topic has probably been done to death.

22-rimfire
September 4, 2006, 10:03 AM
"To suggest you can mount an effective defense against a team of well-trained professionals who chose the time, place and circumstances is ludicrous. Almost comically so."

You got that right.

PythonGuy
September 4, 2006, 10:08 AM
He may be the next "Arnold", you never know. :D He'll wake from a dead sleep, grab his gear and take on the whole SWAT team, he's a baddddd man.

Capt Charlie
September 4, 2006, 12:11 PM
Lemme get this straight. You want to publicly discuss tactics to be used against law enforcement? :rolleyes:

Improper deployment of SWAT and poor intel are problems in some agencies, but this needs to be dealt with by changing departmental policies and requiring an increase in the amount of reliable intel needed to secure a search warrant. It is not to be dealt with by advocating pre-planned, armed resistance against police.

This is not raising the bar here. Closed.