PDA

View Full Version : Checkin-in. New to TFL

CAAT1
April 15, 2006, 12:12 AM
I just want to say Hello! to everyone here in TFL. I've been browsing around for a couple of days and i must say i learned a lot in regards to shotgun. I will be picking up my first shotgun tomorrow.

I purchased a Remington 870 marine magnum for HD. It's a used one but i only got it for $250 out the door. The 870 MM looks great! the inside is so clean and the bore is shinny. I was originally looking for the 870 express but the guy at the pawn shop mentioned that he only has one but it's a Marine magnum. When the guy showed the Marine magnum to me, i said to myself this is a keeper .:)

I will post some pics once i get tomorrow. Looking forward to share some input.

Thanks.

LSU12ga
April 15, 2006, 12:36 AM
CAAT

I am also new here and have reciently purchased my first shotgun/gun. I bought a remington 870 super magnum at a pawn shop for 200 dollars. It in pirstine condidtion and everything on it works smoothly.

it came with a 26 inch barrel which i soldon ebay and used the money to buy an 18 inch HD barrel. You are going to love your 870, its a great gun. i have only had one problem and that is having tom ake sure i cycled the gun fully. a few times ive loaded a round but not cocked the hammer. i'm assuming this is due to the fact that the gun is a super magnum and has a larger chamber then the average gun.

anyways, aside from that problem, the 870 is a great weapon, i have put a pistol grip on mine ( becuase i live in an apartment and it makes the gun very compact and easy to move with).

Enjoy your new gun and let me know what you think.

CAAT1
April 15, 2006, 01:17 AM
LSU, $200 for a Super magnum!:eek: That's a good buy. I've already purchased a new stock for my marine magnum. It's a Speedstock 1. I will test fire it first in the range this week before I post some pics and input.

I still want a black shotgun in the future. Preferrably a 870P or a Mosberg 590a1. For now i will enjoy and be more familiar with the 870 marine.