PDA

View Full Version : The quest for the perfect magazine extension!

cpu77
April 7, 2006, 08:23 PM
I recently purchased a 18.5" Remmington Police Barrel for my 870. After which I decided to add a magazine extension. I purchased the 2 shot scattergun technologies unit. There are two things I don't like about this unit. First off it's finish is packertized. I would prefer a Matte finish. The other issue is I want the magazine to be the same length as the barrel. There is about a 1/2inch difference. Is there a magazine extension availbe that is metal, has a matte finish and is equal to this barrel? I can easily fix the finish. It's more so the length that bothers me. Thanks for the help in advance!

Ralph

Dfariswheel
April 8, 2006, 01:06 AM
We have kind of an odd situation here.

Here's the problem: For many years Remington made their barrels exactly 18" long.
Their magazine extensions stuck out beyond the muzzle slightly so the end cap could be used as a mount for a bayonet.

All the other extension makers made their extensions to be flush with an 18" barrel.

Recently, for whatever reason, Remington has changed their barrels to 18 1/2".
Now the factory extension is flush with the muzzle, and everyone else's extensions are TOO SHORT.

If you want a GOOD extension that will be flush with your 18 1/2" barrel, and you want it in matte blue, the only one I know of is the Remington factory extension.

The Remington extensions are expensive and a little hard to get but they are also the best one on the market.
Talk to a Remington FFL dealer and ask him to order you one, or, I think you can order direct from Remington.