PDA

View Full Version : Should I use this or a 22 for Home Defense

Glenn E. Meyer
March 20, 2006, 12:17 PM
Well, what do you think? Rioters, zombies, home invasions, the UN, etc.? All take a firm response. What about over penetration?

Will I look bad in court if I use this?

Will my wife let me buy one?

http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/images/ORD_M-32_40mm_lg.jpg

atlctyslkr
March 20, 2006, 12:33 PM
I think that's more of an outdoor gun :p BG's must have armored vehicles where you live! Good luck getting some range time to practice. Idea is pretty cool though. That's one gun that the sight of it would definitely scare probably 99% of thugs.

Bigbadaboom
March 20, 2006, 12:45 PM
Why not just use a "Flame Thrower"? No NFA/ATF restrictions , a lot cheaper, and will probably do less damage to your house.

Leif
March 20, 2006, 12:57 PM
Why use anything handheld when proximity mines will do the job just as well. ;)

Personally, I have calculated all of the fields of fire within 1000 meters of my house for the mortar I keep in the attic ... for just such an occasion.

Now Mr. Meyer, you do know that you will have to actually explain that you are being sarcastic about ten posts from now, don't you?

Glenn E. Meyer
March 20, 2006, 02:21 PM
Well, I might use it to shoot out tires. :D

Model520Fan
March 20, 2006, 03:10 PM
Looks good at first, but what about multiple opponents with soft body armor? That thing looks a little slow to reload. Also, how do you justify using a 12-gauge when it has been well established on the internet that a .38 Special is all you need?

Just wondering.

kozak6
March 20, 2006, 05:22 PM
It's hard to say.

It looks like it doesn't have nearly as much stopping power as the .45 ACP.

RedPhnx
March 20, 2006, 05:42 PM
I don't know the capacity doesn't look all that great. Plus what would the cop say if I have this in my car along with my M-16 with a 100 rnd drum and my two pistols, you know, for those dangerous trips to the market. :barf:

SharpShooter06
March 20, 2006, 06:04 PM
You could even mount a little Remington "Master Key" on that tactical rail in case you run out of ammo.

Model520Fan, Dunno if u were serious but thats a 40mm grenade launcher.. not a 12 gauge.

RedPhnx
March 20, 2006, 06:11 PM
hmmm maybe its time to invent a speed loader for one of these bad boys...

azredhawk44
March 20, 2006, 06:22 PM
I bet IT doesn't have a Smith Zit...:eek:

threegun
March 20, 2006, 06:44 PM
Shoot out the tires???????????Is this Glenn or Doug LOL.

Topthis
March 20, 2006, 06:45 PM
Awww...just remember...Stopping Power is just a Myth!!!

PATH
March 20, 2006, 06:51 PM
Sigh! Just another wonderful thing my wife won't let me have!:D I guess I'll go with the .22. Heck, I might even attatch it to my armored wheel barrel.;) :D

Eghad
March 20, 2006, 11:00 PM
well depend on how much distance those 40mm rounds are armed for. If they are up close and personal it may leave a mark soap and water will not take off :D

I want to say those rounds have to travel 50 meters before they arm?????? Since I retired I have CRS Syndrome.

T_man357
March 22, 2006, 07:06 AM
Better hope for a jury made up of NRA members:D

Trip20
March 22, 2006, 10:18 AM
Better hope for a jury made up of NRA members

You kiddin' me?! They would convict him out of sheer disdain for not using a .45acp -- the most powerful cartridge in the universe. :cool:

rick_reno
March 22, 2006, 10:25 AM
I guess the answer depends on where your house is. If Fallejuh is becoming too risky, consider moving to the "international zone" (Green Zone) in Baghdad. It's supposed to be safe there.

threegun
March 22, 2006, 10:31 AM
If properly used that could remove the finger prints

Anthony2
March 22, 2006, 02:32 PM
I don't know.... but I would love to shoot it...looks like fun!

SW_fan
March 22, 2006, 02:35 PM
What is the point of protecting your house with something that will destroy it completely?

Glenn E. Meyer
March 22, 2006, 03:33 PM
Then the bad guys won't get it either! And I just hate my drapes. ;)

gac009
March 23, 2006, 02:11 AM
I guess it really just depends on how big your house is:p

glk40
March 23, 2006, 06:07 AM
I think you would be better off with a semi-wadcutter .177 cal pellet. I have a box if you would like them.:p

DVC9
April 5, 2006, 02:15 PM
HMMM, Pretty cool...

But I'm holding out for a class 3, belt fed,flintlock with electronic priming, in caliber .69 belchfire magnum, loaded with special diamond coated tungsten steel inverted hollowpoint bullets loaded with300 grains of "Bullseye" in a bronze coated parchment paper case.
And don't forget the electrically charged 4 ft Bayonet!!:rolleyes:

The British Soldier
April 5, 2006, 02:34 PM
So are you going to load it with hollowpoints or full metal jacket rounds?

It looks an awesome piece of firepower, a little reminiscent of an MGL. In the UK we used to have a 5 round 37mm rotary launcher called an ARWEN 37, for which a wide variety of rounds were made. Originally envisaged as a riot control weapon, the Army (possibly quite sensibly) thought that soldiers might get carried away and start 'double-tapping' rioters!!

(Foul slander - but quite accurate too!)

It was quite sensitive and we changed to the South African 40mm MGL, which was built like a tank and reliable as hell. The South Africans use them en masse during assaults and pond the target with numerous 40mm hits, before getting closer to 'mix it up'.

Quite accurate and this one looks quite close to it.

I wonder how much it would weigh with a full compliment of 'extras' on those picatinny rails? This soldier looks quite 'restrained' having only added an optical sight.