View Full Version : Marlin lever action bolt removal question

October 3, 2000, 08:51 PM
Anybody know if the bolt is removable (for cleaning of the barrel), on a Marlin Model 30AW 30/30? If so, how?

George Stringer
October 3, 2000, 09:47 PM
Mesa, I e-mailed you the instructions. Too much typing to post it all. George

October 4, 2000, 01:37 PM
I used the instructions that George sent a while back and it was easy to remove clean and reassemble my Marlin.

Thanks again George!

October 4, 2000, 03:48 PM
Could I have the same instructions emailed to me, please?

"Anyone feel like saluting the flag which the strutting ATF and FBI gleefully raised over the smoldering crematorium of Waco, back in April of ‘93?" -Vin Suprynowicz

George Stringer
October 4, 2000, 08:23 PM
Deanf, your e-mail bounced. Try e-mailing me and I will respond with the instructions. George

George Stringer
October 5, 2000, 09:29 AM
DeanF, your e-mail bounced again. If you will send me a SASE I'll send you a hard copy of the instructions. Stringer Gunsmithing, 501 W. Main St., Earlington, KY 42410. George

October 6, 2000, 01:59 AM
Really?!?!? That's bizare.

Would you mind trying another address?

Thanks again.

Chad Young
October 6, 2000, 12:28 PM
If you ever ave questions about cleaning, maintenance, or dissasembly of a firearm, the best resource is the manufacturer's manual that came with the firearm. Most manufacturers will be happy to send you a manual for little or no cost. To reach Marlin, mail to:

Marlin Firearms Company, Box 248, North Haven, CT 06473

Or go to http://www.marlinfirearms.com

I also recommend the books that are available in the stores that go over step-by-step breakdown of many models of rifles. Forgive me, I do not recall the exact names and titles.

October 6, 2000, 11:48 PM
Bolt removal is not covered in the Marlin Lever Action manuals.

October 9, 2000, 06:23 PM
I'm afraid you are wrong about the Marlin Manuals not covering bolt removal. I went and bought a new lever action 30-30 Sunday and the manual clearly explains how to remove the bolt so that the gun can be cleaned from the breech.

At any rate, I appreciate all the responses.

October 13, 2000, 11:56 PM
Correction: My Marlin Lever Action manual does not cover bolt removal. I guess I got gypped.