PDA

View Full Version : .22 CB's

White Stallion
February 8, 2006, 10:08 PM
Do .22 CB's work in semi-auto rifles? Because I have a Mossberg Plinkster and before I buy them I want to know if they will work.

whiskey
February 8, 2006, 10:10 PM
Not in my 10/22

White Stallion
February 8, 2006, 10:22 PM
y didnt it work?

Art Eatman
February 8, 2006, 11:18 PM
CBs don't have enough "Oomph" to cycle the action. They're a very low-powered cartridge. From a long-barrelled bolt-action, they're great for doing in squirrels without the in-town neighbors hearing the shot. (Of course, that's what i've been TOLD, you understand. :D )

Art

Dave Haven
February 9, 2006, 11:24 PM
The only semi-auto I've ever seen function reliably with CB caps is the Remington 550-1 with the floating chamber.

almark
February 10, 2006, 12:03 AM
my 10/22 will shoot them no problem... it's the feeding and the ejecting processes that it doesn't like so much (kinda like my relationship with habaneros). :D

Dave Haven
February 10, 2006, 12:31 AM
(kinda like my relationship with habaneros). Well, s*** fire!:D

fisherman66
February 10, 2006, 10:00 AM
To paraphrase what others have said and add just a smigeon more: You can fire CB, Shot Shells, 22Shorts, 22Longs (subsonic and primer only) in a semi-auto rifle; but the low power nature of the cartidges will probably dictate that you will only be able to shoot one at a time.

The standard velocity 22lr and hyper velocity load will probably cycle the action and you will have full use of semi auto.

almark
February 10, 2006, 12:03 PM
If you wanted you could get CCI CB Longs or you could get Aguila Colibris... both of these use a LR casing instead of the Short casing, so you can load them into your mags and essentially turn your gun into a straight-pull bolt action... sometimes it's hard to get the old shell to eject though... I recommend a vigorous pull on the bolt handle.