PDA

View Full Version : CLP question.

CrociJA
June 21, 2000, 08:10 PM
Yes I admit it, I use CLP, a bore brush with steel rods and a bore snake to clean my pistols, rifles and shotguns.
Now here's my question, and I'm hestitant to ask. About once a month I strip down all my firearms and apply a very light coating of CLP on them (regardless if they've been fired or not!)
For those firerams that I dry-fire ~300 times a week with (both Glock's) I strip both down, oil them a little more liberally than wiped them dry.
Will CLP in anyway affect the Tennefer finish or the polymer?
I really, really, really hate to admit this but I have been known to even apply a light coating of carnuba on the exterior of my other firearms, than wipe it off. Yep even the parkerized ones! :o
Is this a bad idea? So far no problems. But that doesn't mean that I couldn't be causing problems further down the road.

Thanks,

Jon

George Stringer
June 21, 2000, 10:51 PM
CrociJA, I don't really know if it would or not. If it were me I'd contact the company as ask them if there are any "side effects" from using their product. George

Noban
June 23, 2000, 06:42 PM
CrociJA - I also feel compelled to keep my firarms liberaly coated with CLP, including my Glocks. It's my way of enjoying the firearms given the little time I have to actually go to the range.

Over the years, I have experienced no bad side effects from this practice. None of my guns have any rust on them, NONE. CLP is not a harsh solvent and it does contain a rust/corrosion preventive. I would recommend you continue the practice, as the alternative would be idle hands and mind.

Noban

Will Beararms
June 24, 2000, 11:09 PM
Heck, I use CLP to grease back my hair! Works great as a lotion too! :D

I use CLP for cleaning and LP for lubing. You are'nt alone when it comes to giving those weapons TLC.

------------------
"When guns are outlawed;I will be an outlaw."