PDA

View Full Version : NORINCO 1911A1 SLIDE FAILURES?

Jim V
May 6, 2000, 08:21 PM
I had told a friend in the Phillippines that I was buying another 1911A1 Norinco and he advised against it because of the number of reported slide failures. I have shot a goodly number of rounds through my current Norinco and have had no problems.

I have talked to any number of Norinco owners since I got the e-mail and I can not find anyone that has had slide problems with their pistols. Has anybody heard or seen any such failures?

I am still getting the NIB Norinco BTW. The price is too good to pass up.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"

4V50 Gary
May 6, 2000, 09:59 PM
Haven't heard a thing.

James K
May 6, 2000, 10:37 PM
Have fired a Norinco a little (over 2000) and not even any real wear, let alone any sign of failure. No failures or malfunctions, either.

Jim

beemerb
May 6, 2000, 11:51 PM
Lots of them around here and I have heard of no problems with them.Just the opposite nothing but good.

------------------
beemerb
We have a criminal jury system which is superior to any in the world;
and its efficiency is only marred by the difficulty of finding twelve men
every day who don't know anything and can't read.
-Mark Twain

Jim V
May 7, 2000, 05:20 AM
Thank you all, I am starting to think that since the US was closed to the Chinese arms market, they cheapened the entire pistol and sold the junkers elsewhere.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum

HS
May 7, 2000, 06:53 AM
Mine that I had here in Aus 2 years ago worked fine with my own home grown version of the .45 Super. :D

------------------
"The Gun from Down Under !"
http://www.para1911fanclub.w3.to/
E-mail hotshot_2000@hotmail.com
ICQ # 68806935

James K
May 8, 2000, 05:30 PM
Hmmm. I think the Charles Daly is made in the Philippines. Could it be a competitor bad-mouthing the competition?

Jim

Jim V
May 8, 2000, 06:25 PM
Alexander was advised by his local gunshop to avoid the Norinco's and was told to buy the Armscor. He said there had been some failures at his club. I have posed this question on several boards and forums and have heard from only one (1) person with information on Norinco slide failures. He stated that a friend of his had an early Norinco suffer slide failure. He also said the gun owner was a shade tree gun hacker who had ruined several other firearms.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum