PDA

View Full Version : How many guns do you carry on your person tops?

Doug.38PR
January 24, 2006, 11:36 PM
How many guns do you carry on your person tops? (not counting in and around the car)

Avizpls
January 24, 2006, 11:42 PM
I accidently voted twice. I voted three, and then I changed to two. Only once have I had three (I bought one, and then went to the mall and didnt want to leave it in the car)

Optical Serenity
January 24, 2006, 11:48 PM
I always carry a Glock 27 on the ankle, H&K USP on outside of waist, and a keltec p32 in pocket.

Blackwater OPS
January 24, 2006, 11:55 PM
Worst case 3, one in a sholder holster, one of the hip, and one on the ankle. Have to say this would be very rare though.

Sir William
January 25, 2006, 12:06 AM
When I was assigned to warrant service, seven was what I could and did carry.

Redworm
January 25, 2006, 12:39 AM
jeez...where on earth did you pack seven guns? :confused:

I'm guessing a double shoulder holster, two on the waist, two in thigh holsters, and an ankle? Of if you couldn't wear the thigh holsters then maybe two shoulder, two waist, two ankle....and a SOB/MOB?

Capt Charlie
January 25, 2006, 12:49 AM
Off duty, one. On the job, two; duty issue (Glock 17, for now, but soon to be a Les Baer Custom Carry 1911, whenever Baer gets done building it for me :cool: :D ) & either a Walther PPK/S or a Det. Special in an ankle holster.

riverkeeper
January 25, 2006, 01:06 AM
Only 1 BUT ALSO a double pointed Koppo, OC and a knife.:D

Wildalaska
January 25, 2006, 01:10 AM
galco NY shoulder rig, two Browning Hi Powers

On Hip in Galco concealable, Browning High power

Back Pocket in Azrael pocket holster...Seecamp 32

Three NAA min revolvers, one taped to the inside of each thigh, one under...well...under..

S+W 642s on each ankle

A Colt Defender on top of head...I usually wear a yarmulke

WildbeatthatAlaska

yorec
January 25, 2006, 01:13 AM
Like Sir William, when the duty called for heavy armament, I was.

But only 4 for me - 2 duty handguns, long arm, and a BUG.

Sir William
January 25, 2006, 01:21 AM
2 hip, 2 shoulder, 1 vest, 1 thigh and 1 calf on opposite sides. We served the hard case avon warrants. Knock, knock. AVON CALLING! Around 0500.

sterno
January 25, 2006, 08:59 AM
I usually only carry one but if I'm in the woods I'll carry one rifle/shotgun and my concealed peice.

American4guns
January 25, 2006, 09:08 AM
LOL 7 guns.dont stand to close to the fire or an electro magnet.
1 Glock 19 on the hip.sometimes 25 cal beretta in the coat pocket

ron8903
January 25, 2006, 10:57 AM
Sig p226 strong /owb
glock 27 weak/ iwb
kel tec .380 pocket holster

Mikeyboy
January 25, 2006, 01:35 PM
If you go with more than three and get into a shootout, would you freeze at some point and say to yourself...which one do I pull next, which one do I pull. Primary, secondary, BUG , Knife, anything more than that would just confuse me.

bclark1
January 25, 2006, 01:46 PM
wouldn't carrying a huge number of guns increase the likelihood that one gets out of your control in a closer-quarters situation?

if you know you need more firepower, open carry something bigger. if two guns you've practiced with enough to trust them as CC weapons jam or misfire, your maker's calling.

sksmatt
January 25, 2006, 02:31 PM
Wild,
Lord forbid you ever have to draw that taped "from unda" NAA mini, ouch :eek:
For me, a Seecamp .380 front pocket and sometimes Kahr k9 IWB.

Doug.38PR
January 25, 2006, 02:51 PM
wow, some of you have put 7-10 guns! :eek: That doesn't scare me, but isn't that rather inconvenient....and heavy? What would kinda make me uneasy about doing that is: what would a policeman think if he approached you and you had to reveal 10 guns on your person? I shy away whenever I find I have more than 2 guns loaded and ready to go about me on my person or even in my hotel room.

Trip20
January 25, 2006, 03:54 PM
Where's a choice for zero? :(

Mannlicher
January 25, 2006, 07:34 PM
well, I often carry two, but there have been times when just for grins, I have gone to the mall with 7 or 8 tucked here and there. :)

BobK
January 25, 2006, 09:58 PM
Two or Three. Sig P226 or Kimber 45 strong side. Kahr P9 weakside jacket pocket or IWB. Kel Tec P32 front pants pocket.

BobK
January 25, 2006, 10:00 PM
Looking at the poll results, it's encouraging to see folks that carry more than one gun.

roy reali
January 25, 2006, 10:36 PM
I usually carry twenty five or so guns at once. It makes walking difficult, but I'm ready for anything. I hope I never fall into a stream.:D

Sir William
January 25, 2006, 10:58 PM
There was a school of thought once that carrying multiple weapons was good in an armed confrontation. If you were wounded and had survived with partial paralysis or limited movement due to your wounds, there would be a weapon still within a hands reach. A downed officer could have weapons/ammunition for another active officer. Protocol was also to fire dry, drop and draw a charged weapon instead of reloading.

Wildalaska
January 25, 2006, 11:05 PM
Looking at the poll results, it's encouraging to see folks that carry more than one gun.

Ya know I was joking :)

Interesteing to see how many non LE carry more than one

WildouchAlaska

BobK
January 26, 2006, 12:52 AM
WildAlaska, I knew you were kidding. Ripping the tape off your inner thigh would certainly incapacitate you while you screamed in pain. :D

Rememeber where the Happy Hooker kept her knife? :D :D :D

Yes, it is interesting to see non LEO carry more than one gun.

Sir William, that school of thought is still prevalent though not widely used from what I understand. Some departments are forbidden to carry more than one gun. Poor guys. Some states also forbid more than one gun for the armed citizen.

Az Qkr
January 26, 2006, 01:01 AM
riverkeeper:

Knife huh?:D

I like that.

Oh btw-I don't think I'll answer the survey.:cool:

Robin Brown

yorec
January 26, 2006, 03:35 AM
OK - just to beat the poll I strapped on 11 and headed downtown for a successful "carry."

1. S&W 686 to right hip, owb but inside coat.
2. Taurus 669 to left him owb but inside coat.
3. Taurus 605 in ankle holster - never carry ankle normally, but needed to for this.
4. 1911 under left arm and
5. Second 1911 jury rigged under right.
6. .22 mag derringer rt front pocket.
7. Sigma 40f, SOB.
8. Jennings .22 on other ankle - won't need it anyway.
9. Ruger SBH .44 mag on rt hip, right behind S&W, under coat.
10. Makarov on Left him, righ behind Taurus still under coat.
11. High standard .22 at 1200 owb - good thing I've got a BIG coat... maybe shoulda stuck a few more in the pockets? Naw...

Slipped on the ice on the way out to the car in the driveway. Couldn't get up again til I divested myself of a dozen pounds or so of steel...

Forget beating the poll... it's dangerous.

;)

roy reali
January 26, 2006, 10:34 AM
If you place enough guns on you they can also offer another type of protection. They could act as body armor, at least against any caliber that is not too large.:D

LICCW
January 27, 2006, 11:21 PM
Depends on what I'm wearing. If Its cold and at night and I'm wearing my hunting jacket, two. You could hide an anti-tank gun in the pockets of that thing:D As a revolver fan, I think its easier to draw another piece than reload:p

springmom
January 27, 2006, 11:28 PM
...so two guns is about enough :rolleyes:

However, I carry speedloaders for the m37 and extra magazines for the XD-40 which ever I am carrying (or both)

Springmom

Half-Price Assassin
January 27, 2006, 11:39 PM
USPc 9mm, or GLOCK 23 on hip

GLOCK 26 on ankle

usually just GLOCK 23, always wanted a go out and do a NEO, but afraid i might get made.

IZinterrogator
January 31, 2006, 10:39 PM
Interesteing to see how many non LE carry more than oneI've carried an M4 and an M9 on duty, and I'm not LE. Does that count? Oh wait, what about this one?

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b105/IZinterrogator/stormingthecastle.jpg

I have three in that photo. ;) :D

Redworm
February 1, 2006, 01:12 PM
is that an enfield l85a1? in all honesty the only things I know about that gun are from Battlefield 2 :p is it as accurate as the game claims? (supposedly it was so accurate that the brits had to redesign their marksmanship tests)

Abndoc
February 1, 2006, 01:25 PM
As Citizen of the Peoples Republik of Kaleefornia, where all crime and violence has been banned by law by our benevolent one party(may they rule long)system, I feel no need to carry anything for self defense. My complete trust lies with my government and their ability to keep me safe.

Snipersix
February 1, 2006, 05:27 PM
I usually carry 2 jammies and a tactical folding knife. Wait.....do pineapple grenades count???:confused:

azredhawk44
February 1, 2006, 05:49 PM
Mostly none, occassionally 1.

I have carried two when out harrassing bunnies and birds with my .22 though, just to have something a little more convincing if I needed it.

Doug.38PR
February 1, 2006, 06:26 PM
OK - just to beat the poll I strapped on 11 and headed downtown for a successful "carry."

1. S&W 686 to right hip, owb but inside coat.
2. Taurus 669 to left him owb but inside coat.
3. Taurus 605 in ankle holster - never carry ankle normally, but needed to for this.
4. 1911 under left arm and
5. Second 1911 jury rigged under right.
6. .22 mag derringer rt front pocket.
7. Sigma 40f, SOB.
8. Jennings .22 on other ankle - won't need it anyway.
9. Ruger SBH .44 mag on rt hip, right behind S&W, under coat.
10. Makarov on Left him, righ behind Taurus still under coat.
11. High standard .22 at 1200 owb - good thing I've got a BIG coat... maybe shoulda stuck a few more in the pockets? Naw...

Slipped on the ice on the way out to the car in the driveway. Couldn't get up again til I divested myself of a dozen pounds or so of steel...

Forget beating the poll... it's dangerous.

I would love to see the look on a cop's face if he pulled you over and you had to show him all that. :D

kymasabe
February 1, 2006, 06:38 PM
Wouldn't it be easier to carry one really good reliable gun and lots of mags instead?

Denny Hansen
February 1, 2006, 06:54 PM
Two.

IZinterrogator
February 1, 2006, 11:34 PM
is that an enfield l85a1?Ummm, are you talking about the Mossberg 590A1 in my hands? Or the M4 dangling in front of me?

Yoshi
February 1, 2006, 11:55 PM
I'm weird , i only carry one gun .

Legionnaire
February 2, 2006, 12:12 AM
Mostly one; sometimes two; rarely three.

wayneinFL
February 2, 2006, 12:23 PM
Almost always just one. Airlite revolver in front pants pocket.

When I really feel I should be carrying, I carry two. Usually a glock, IWB.

One time I carried 3, because I was in a situation where I felt I should be carrying, and it occured to me my right hand could be hindered in the car I was riding in.

11? yorec, that does it. I'm strapping on 12 and heading out to the grocery store.

...do I even have 12 holsters?

yorec
February 2, 2006, 12:47 PM
NO - don't do it Wayne! Yer gonna hurt yourself - I never even made it to the car...

Hmm, wonder what it would've been like to sit down amid all that? :eek:

Onebum
February 2, 2006, 01:05 PM
mostly just one...my musket. Though I carry several rounds and a large ammount of powder.

payne
February 2, 2006, 08:18 PM
I have carried 3 one time, but only once. And the reason for the third was to let a friend see it. Rarely 2, but always one.

Ya know, if I has 12 handguns I'd probably try to see if I could fit that many on me jsut to start with.

USMARINE2118
February 3, 2006, 03:14 PM
{ NONE }!::( Because my state does not allow ccw :mad:
But I think it will happen soon. When we get a new Gov.
In the mean time I'll just keep practicing at the range.

Glenn E. Meyer
February 3, 2006, 03:56 PM
Anybody remember Issac Hayes in that comedy movie by the Wayans where he strapped on a ton of guns and fell over. They all went off and shot him to pieces. Quiet a funny scene.

David Armstrong
February 3, 2006, 04:16 PM
One most of the time now, two usually when working LE. The occassional long gun might bring it up to 3.

Dep309
February 7, 2006, 06:09 PM
Two when off duty, Glock 19 and .22 Mag derringer in my pocket, never comes out. Add Shotgun and another handgun in my patrol car on duty!! :cool:

joneb
February 7, 2006, 11:06 PM
Offten I find my self in eastern Oregon mostly metal detecting old homested sights or military training grounds. Out there I am well armed it just seems prudent, I would rather not go in to details. But if you come across me out there you will do well to treat me with respect

Model520Fan
February 8, 2006, 11:30 AM
I put down five, because that's the most I've carried, but I ordinarily consider three the best number, although I usually carry two.

Three is one available to each hand, and an ankle gun. I often omit the ankle gun if my LH gun is reasonably available seated.

When performing certain duties I am no longer required to, it helped to be able to have a gun in hand without being super obvious about it. That added a J-frame to each suit-coat pocket, for five. Usually, when doing that, I figured I had enough guns for each hand, and carried mags instead of my LH (2nd) gun, but I think I probably carried all five at least once.

RsqVet
February 9, 2006, 04:35 AM
Two tops and that is usually only because I have a plen to remove the primary at some point and rely on a pocket gun --- Glock 26 or ruger Sp101.

I have to admit I look very much askew at any civilian who carries mroe than two --- but hey it's a free country.

I think if I was in LE I'd go for 3 --- a mini-glock in a pocket and a mini in a arm pit holster under the shirt.

Only folks I know with a good reason for more than 3 are under cover or internal afirs types who have legitmate fear for being attacked and disarmed by those with extensive awarness of carry methods.

bruchi
February 10, 2006, 12:47 AM
Sir William, I apologize before hand if I am mistaken and I could very well be but I had to ask: Are you not the guy that got expelled from another forum for claiming you enjoyed shooting at passing cars on the freeway with a 22 revolver and wanted to know if that was the best weapon for that?

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

cosine
February 10, 2006, 12:50 AM
Where's the option for none, seeing as kids aren't trusted to protect themselves with a firearm if needed?

Also, those of us who live in oppressed states such as Wisconsin aren't allowed to carry concealed either.

Dust_Devil
February 12, 2006, 12:34 AM
The poll should also ask what type of work or position you are in. It may be strange for the average person to carry more than one gun. Maybe a few out there will carry a backup ankle holster but if you are a LEO or military then it wouldn't be odd if you are carrying 2 or 3 firearms on you.

Greg Bell
February 12, 2006, 04:39 PM
Almost always one (Kahr PM9 or P7M8 (usually the Kahr lately)). When I go walking (exercise) I carry either my HK P2000 or Glock 17. Sometimes, I carry the Kahr as a backup(especially if I am carrying the larger gun OWB.

Two is on the outside of practicality. I guess if I was a cop I might carry a hip gun, a vest gun and an ankle gun--but I doubt it.

Frankly, I don't know how cops and grunts carry all that crap around. My hat is off to you guys. When I go hiking I barely carry enough to survive out of sheer laziness. Some folks call it "ultralight" hiking, I call it "lazyass" hiking.

Sailorcurt
February 13, 2006, 07:02 PM
The poll said "tops" so I put 2. That would be very rare. If I need more than 17 rounds of .45 I seriously hope I have time to get my SKS or M1.

The vast majority of times I carry one. Fortunately I live in a semi-oppression free state. I carry my Ruger P97 (8+1) openly most of the time in a paddle holster with extra mag weak side. I have a permit for those occasions when it's too cold to go without a coat or I don't want to frighten the sheeple but I've been open carrying for years with nary a problem.

I like the idea that a goblin might see me armed, assume I'm a cop (or just opt not to tempt fate with an armed civilian) and seek greener, less armed pastures.

Striker
February 14, 2006, 06:38 AM
Always primary and BUG handgun with handguns. Rifle, subgun, or shotgun when the situation dictates

DTakas
February 15, 2006, 04:42 PM
I put one because that’s how many I carry when I carry concealed. My record is 5 if memory serves me right. A friend and I were on the way to a redneck range session. We were just going from his home a few hundred yards to the range (a grass field with a good backstop and some targets he keeps set up). Anyway, we were planning on shooting a lot that day so I carried the guns and he carried the ammo. I had two pistols (both in the waistband of my pants in front), two rifles (one in each hand), and a shotgun on a sling over my shoulder.

FirstFreedom
February 15, 2006, 10:25 PM
lol, 8 people carry 10 or more - yeah, right.... Just one here. Or none sometimes. Though in my more paranoid days, 2 fairly regularly, and up to 4 occasionally.

jimpeel
February 16, 2006, 03:13 PM
I tried all morning to locate this video on school dress codes where this kid starts pulling out everything from a pistol to a coachgun from his pants and clothing. By the time he is done, there are about fifteen guns laying on the table in front of him.

Alas, I could not find it.

Baggy clothes raise my awareness as I think "gun" as soon as I see them.

slystad810
February 16, 2006, 11:48 PM
jimpeel: http://dep.superlime.com/demohi.wmv

12 GUNS!!!

Including a full size 12 GA :rolleyes:

jimpeel
February 17, 2006, 09:49 AM
Thanks, Sly. I couldn't remember the size of the shotgun but thought it was a coachgun.

trigger happy
February 17, 2006, 01:03 PM
two tops..when hunting or at the range..otherwise I get by with just one :)

Gazpacho
February 18, 2006, 02:21 AM
A friend joked saying I'd have to leave my guns at home if I was going to attend a club beach party. Just for that, I showed up wearing a polo shirt, shorts and flip-flops. He grinned at me, and said, "I told you so." I pulled him aside and showed him my Kel-Tec P32s from my front left and right pockets, my Colt Commander strong side IWB, 2 spare mags weak side OWB and a S&W 342 SOB. Then I told him he really didn't want to see what was in the cooler.

My usual carry is a P32 in the left front pocket and the 342 in a fanny pack.

FWIT, the cooler had sandwiches, Coca-colas, iced fruit and one bottle of Guiness (extra stout). I just didn't feel like sharing.

Glock 31
February 18, 2006, 02:28 AM
Just one here.

I was under the impression that though concealed carry laws between states are varied, it was illegal in ALL states to carry more than one concealed gun. Just wondering.:cool:

TBT
February 18, 2006, 11:15 AM
I've never carried more than one with a reload.

BrthrB
February 18, 2006, 04:53 PM
Always 2 handguns. On duty I carry a Model 23 Glock with a Model 27 for backup, Off duty, a Model 21 and Model 30. Extra mag's are of the larger size as they are compatible with the smaller sized Glocks

Also, when on duty, I have Short bbl 870, a Colt LE-AR, along with my precision rifle and a "less lethal" 870.

larry starling
February 18, 2006, 05:02 PM
1 never needed more that that!:eek: