PDA

View Full Version : 5mm Rem cartridges

arkbound
January 14, 2006, 11:04 AM
:confused: HI GUYS, I just moved to Arkansas and found a couple of boxes of 5mm magnum rimfire cartridges. Their in the original boxes, 50 rounds to a box. I don't have the gun anymore but it was fun to shoot. Anyone know what their worth? Or know anyone that would be interested?

Art Eatman
January 14, 2006, 12:45 PM
If the cartridge is the discontinued one, the last I heard they're in the $$ per round category.

If you want, advertise in the For Sale forum here and at THR. Or maybe do the EBay thing...

Art

johnbt
January 15, 2006, 09:38 AM
The last ones I saw, about 3 or 4 years ago, were hollowpoints and the gun shop wanted $50 a box. They had about a case on the shelf and said they had already sold 2 cases to one customer. A couple of weeks later I went back in and they were all gone.

JT

publius
January 15, 2006, 11:29 PM
They are worth over $50.00 a box.

Big Yac
January 15, 2006, 11:48 PM
I have a 5mm magnum and havent shot it for years ( after hearing what the ammo cost now, and its being disconntinued). I have 250 rounds left. Its a shame too cause what a great little round it is. I heard rumors last year that Remington was going to have a limited run of 5mm but that seems to have fallen through. I am never going to part with this gun, its just going to continue getting oiled and stay nice. How much might you want for the ammo?