PDA

View Full Version : 412 lb deer?

FirstFreedom
January 10, 2006, 07:25 PM
http://ehc.astate.edu/New_Folder2/Picture%20Page.htm

supposedly shot in Neb. by a guy from Ark. :eek:

ford_shooter
January 10, 2006, 07:42 PM
412 pound deer!!!!!!!!??????what was the deer on? where did it find the steriods at? holy hell. Biggest deer i've shot was like 250lbs. That had to be one old deer in my opinion!

I wonder how that deer got around..pretty slow huh..If i saw that thing coming towards me I'd be like Holy *&%^$*@#@ !!!!!

Fremmer
January 10, 2006, 08:48 PM
Go Big Red!!!!

yorec
January 10, 2006, 11:26 PM
Whole new meaning to the term "corn-fed." :D

FrontSight
January 11, 2006, 12:02 AM
HOLY MOLY!!!!
Rack is kind of small compared to body tho, no? Don't get me wrong; BEAUTIFUL rack, but just saying with that body I'd almost expect a rack twice as big...or is it the pics that don't make it look as big as it really is?

Wild Bill Bucks
January 11, 2006, 12:16 PM
Could this be a Mule deer/whitetail cross?
Not supposed to cross, but sure has some simularities.

Pointer
January 11, 2006, 02:28 PM
The world record was a Whitetail from Virginia...
Virginia-Virginianus...

If memory serves, it was 425 pounds... :)

Rembrandt
January 11, 2006, 04:27 PM
Got this 11pt few years ago that weighed 325lbs.....nearly let him go because his rack looked small compared to the rest of the body, boy was I wrong. Can't imagine a deer weighing 100lbs more than that....impressive!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v405/Rembrandt51/Wildlife/Img_0830.jpg

FirstFreedom
January 12, 2006, 10:36 AM
yeah, I wonder if it didn't have a little mulie in it... Bet the does in his area are breathing a sigh of relief now. :)

Trip20
January 12, 2006, 11:11 AM
Hope they have a few ATV's to get that bugger outta there.

Nice buck Rembrandt! ;)

Bowtier
January 12, 2006, 11:27 AM
Wow:eek: that's a huge buck! Looks like a brown cow.:D

The world record was a Whitetail from Virginia...
Virginia-Virginianus...

If memory serves, it was 425 pounds...

I read somewhere the record whitetail was a 500 pounder from Michigan I think?

EDIT: Found this on Minnesota Department of Natural resources site

Adult female white-tailed deer weigh about 145 pounds, males 170. The heaviest whitetail ever recorded in the United States was a 500-pound Minnesota buck.

FirstFreedom
January 12, 2006, 02:00 PM
A lot of people are saying that this is a photoshop special, because of proportions, lack of shadows where they should be etc. Some people are saying it's real, but it was 'only' 345 lbs.

OTOH, I personally know a guy from Delaware County, Okla, who is full blood native american, who says that he knows one of the nat. amer. guys in the pictures.

Dontcha just love hearsay?

I'm starting to think it's photoshopped, because of the hands holding the deer's head up look too large for the guy's body - makes me think that it's a normal sized deer with shrunken-then-photo-shopped-in humans added later. Besides, why was there an accountant on casual friday walking through the woods in a green sweater - was he on his lunch break and said 'hey, can I get in that pic with you too?' or what. I'm sure the guys who made this up are having a good laugh right about now.

Rembrandt, wow, that's a monster trophy there - very nice!

Wild Bill Bucks
January 12, 2006, 02:33 PM
DAMN !!!
and here I was thinking "I'd take that buck" just to find out it ONLY weighs 325 lbs. Why I'd roll that over in a ditch and leave it in the woods.
May be a fake picture, but they had to get a deer like that from somewhere.
either way it would be a KEEPER at my camp.

If it IS a fake "Shame on you" It would have been a great deer (and story) on it's own merits.

Pointer
January 12, 2006, 02:37 PM
Bowtier

I stand corrected... :) ;)

Records come and records go...:cool:

FirstFreedom
January 12, 2006, 03:07 PM
Here's another one supposedly shot this year in ND, with a muzzleloader. Also a debate whether real or photo-shopped:

http://www.fishingbuddy.com/gallery/detail.php?photoid=1550703&category_id=

If real, it'd be the new world record typical, pretty easily I think.

High Planes Drifter
January 12, 2006, 04:18 PM
This photo has been floating around the internet for a little while. Look at the guys head in the first photo, his head looks out of proportion from his body. to me it does look like a photo shop job.

Trip20
January 12, 2006, 05:51 PM
Can you imagine the size of the back straps on that puppy. YUMMY! :eek:

MeekAndMild
January 12, 2006, 06:56 PM
FirstFreedom, if that is real it is one of those Chinese deer or something. Not a whitetail. IMHO of course. I've been wrong before.

ford_shooter
January 12, 2006, 07:07 PM
When I first read this post and looked at the pics I thought it was real. Now you guys are saying it's photoshoped. Well I'm going with the photoshoped side of it.Look at the bottom right pic. Look at the shadows on the deer around the neck and antlers and the bow. they're the only shadows in the pic that I can see and they don't fight the lighting conditions. Thats my 2 cents. Hell I may be wrong. wouldn't be the first time or the last probably.

H&H,hunter
January 12, 2006, 09:04 PM
Big time photo shop.

:D

Rembrandt
January 12, 2006, 09:26 PM
Not Photoshopped......very easy to prove. Enlarge the photo so you can see individual pixels, if the pixs are the same size for the entire picture and there are no distortions, it's an original. These appear to be untouched.

Here's a manipulated photo where they tried to extend the antlers. Notice how the pixels are different size and blurred.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v405/Rembrandt51/bigonebogus.png

ford_shooter
January 12, 2006, 09:59 PM
Welll I was talking about the 412 lb. Nebraskan monster. But on the montster buck that FirstFreedom posted I want to say fake MAYBE..I was reading the forum with the link that FirstFreedom gave. And a shadow is casted on the building which is a good distance from the truck.. Would a shadow from an antler cast that far? Thats what makes me lean towards the fake side.

siotwo
January 12, 2006, 10:36 PM
They are at least taking advantage of Perspective. They are sitting well behind the deer and have arms fully extended to hold the antlers. The photo of the rear of the animal really shows what they are doing. Big rear end, but the rack and head now look normal in the guys hand.

Just look at how long the arrows in the quiver look.

Just like holding that 3 lb bass at arms length and saying its a 7.

Still a nice deer.

Wild Bill Bucks
January 13, 2006, 10:27 AM
NOW I AM THOROUGHLY DEPRESSED SIOTWO,

Not Only will guys dummy up a Deer picture, but your saying that they will stretch a Fish story too.

WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO ?

siotwo
January 13, 2006, 11:02 AM
I Know It!!

FirstFreedom
January 13, 2006, 11:54 AM
Re: the huge antler pic linked in my post #15 above:

Rembrandt, good point - does it look like a whitetail to you or some other species?

BUSTER51
January 13, 2006, 12:38 PM
Real or not it's nice to think there could be one out there that size .

Rembrandt
January 13, 2006, 02:52 PM
The big Nebraska deer does appear to be the real thing.

Firstfreedom, the link you posted http://www.fishingbuddy.com/gallery/...3&category_id= on #15 is photoshopped....the blown up picture I posted shows the pixel distortion. Sure looks like a Whitetail...tines all seem to originate from the main beam. As a general rule mulies have very short brow tines and points have a tendency to fork.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v405/Rembrandt51/bigonebogus.png

Long Path
January 13, 2006, 05:13 PM
Too bad someone felt the need to do that to a picture of what clearly was already a nice rack, with no pretension. Sad part is, it was probably not even the guy in the photo who did the photomanipulation.

While I make no claims to be any kind of photo expert, I do note that magnifying the picture 2X brings out a lot of the pixel size discrepency, and that it would take no great feat too draw longer tips to what appear to be over-exposed white antler tips. Check out how noticable it is where it starts on that leftmost antler.
http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16856&stc=1&d=1137190151

Rembrandt
January 13, 2006, 07:23 PM
....sometimes photoshopping doesn't come out right.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v405/Rembrandt51/bigoneedited.png

kingudaroad
January 13, 2006, 07:34 PM
ROTFLMAO...That's great!

FirstFreedom
January 14, 2006, 10:35 AM
Hey Rembrandt, now I'm confused then as to why you said previously

Not Photoshopped

and

These appear to be untouched.

with respect to the enlarged photo looking at the pixelation.

Now you say IS photoshopped.

Rembrandt
January 14, 2006, 11:35 AM
I was referring to the Nebraska Horse http://ehc.astate.edu/New_Folder2/Picture%20Page.htm it does not appear to be photoshopped......

The North Dakota rack with long tines is photoshopped....

BIGR
January 14, 2006, 07:41 PM
It is amazing what a good camera and computer can do these days. :D

FirstFreedom
January 15, 2006, 11:51 AM
OK. Tee hee, Rembrandt, I like how you made the tines even longer than the original fake pic, in your touch-ups. :)

Wisby
January 17, 2006, 04:49 AM
Well I'll tell ya what even if they are photoshop'd there still neat to look at and if I saw either on of those deer in the pictures I'm not sure I'd be able to shoot them since I'd be busy getting my chin off the bottom of the ground and slowing my heart down to a semi fast pace.

pipoman
January 17, 2006, 10:22 AM
My neighbor had a 400 lb whitetail buck on his property. He found the deer when it was a fawn, fed it and it stayed around his place. He is a cattle rancher. Shortly after he found it he was "fixing" some of his calves. He fixed the deer too.:D It had the same effect it has on a steer. The deer kept getting bigger, it never grew a rack. He (nor I) knew casteration would inhibit antler growth.