PDA

View Full Version : M77 Tang Safety Stock

Idlechater
January 4, 2006, 06:00 PM
Hello:

First post - go easy on me!!!

I am looking for a synthetic stock to fit my Ruger M77 Tang Safety 30-06... I don't seem to be able to find one... Does anyone know of who makes one?

Alternatively, can anyone recommend to me a nice semi-inletted wood stock that will not break my budget?

Thanks.

cntryboy1289
January 4, 2006, 09:16 PM
Boyd's makes a laminated wood stock for it. There site has been having trouble lately, but here is their link:

www.boydboys.com/default.htm

I am not sure on the difference between the old tang safety stock and the new three position safety stock, but I would think they would be very close to the same. Give someone a call at Midway or Brownells, someone there should be able to help you with that info.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!:D

Idlechater
January 4, 2006, 10:29 PM
Cntryboy:

Thanks for the welcome and the information...

I have contacted Brownells, Midway and Ruger... No one seems to make a synthetic for the tang safety... I have found a couple of laminated stocks that are inletted for the M77 tang, but for some reason they only do the barrel channel 1/2"... I have sent an email to find out why...

Think I am going to end up with a laminated wood stock unless someone here knows of a synthetic....

cntryboy1289
January 5, 2006, 05:07 AM
Most of the stocks will come with the smaller factory profile, all that is needed is for you to open the barrel channel up with sandpaper and a wooden dowel and or a barrel scraper. If the folks you asked don't know of one, I would feel safe saying no one well known makes one.

Wisby
January 5, 2006, 03:28 PM
I just bought a Bell and Carston for my M77 .280, I'm still sanding the stock to fit my heavy barrel but I like the look and feel.

3dogs
January 5, 2006, 11:22 PM
Might try Brown Precision, I have their glass/kevlar stocks on a couple of
my Rugers

Idlechater
January 7, 2006, 12:11 PM
Wisby and 3Dogs:

Are these for tang safety M77's... These seem to be a bit more difficult to source stocks for...

Thansk.

3dogs
January 7, 2006, 03:43 PM
Idlechater
My 77's are tang safety, e-mail Brown Precision to see if still available