PDA

View Full Version : Turk Actions

wildcat
January 8, 2000, 06:17 PM
I was happy to learn that the Turk actions that you wrote about are large ring with small ring threads.My friendly local dealer just ordered 4 of them for me . I have a new 6.5x55 sweede barrel I think if I set it back a little that I can rechamber it for 6.5x257 roberts (maybe improved).What do you think ?

------------------
Fear a government that fears your guns

[This message has been edited by wildcat (edited January 08, 2000).]

George Stringer
January 8, 2000, 10:58 PM
Wildcat, I didn't do the math to figure out how much you'll need to face off the chamber but I would think probably .300"-.500" to get down a hair lower than the correct diameter for the 6.5x.257. But, yes I think this would be a good use of one of your actions. Since reloading is a given anyway I'd go with the improved version. George

Tom D
January 12, 2000, 12:44 AM
George,

Do you have any tips or tricks for getting smooth feeding of improved rounds in the Mauser actions?

George Stringer
January 12, 2000, 07:58 AM
Tom, directly in front of the mag box is the feed ramp. A little polishing on the ramp will give you the results you want. Paint the ramp with Dykem Blue and run a few dummy rounds through the action. The shiny spots are where you need to polish. Go slow and test often as you go. George