PDA

View Full Version : good inexpensive scope for .223 kimber.

capitan-d
November 28, 2005, 11:46 PM
whats the best, most reliable scope for less than $200. be best if it was around 100 but i dont want to put a **** on top of a kimber thats for damn sure. i was looking for something like a 4-14, 6-18, 6-20. something like that. i want something that is well made and reliable. i have heard a lot of good things about simmons scopes. i was also looking into weaver's. anyone heard of mueller?

thanks,
devin

edit: it has to be a matte black finish.

wvrifleman
November 29, 2005, 06:45 AM
most people dont like them but i have a BSA contender on my 270.never had any trouble with it and its my hunting rifle.bought it online from SWFA for under $90.

TheOpticZone
November 29, 2005, 07:03 AM
Captain,

There are a couple of scopes that I would recommend in your price range. One would be the Bushnell Trophy 4-12x40 or the 6-18x40. These scopes are very nice for the price. But, I would highly recommend considering the Mueller line of scopes. There clarity and brightness is actually very good for the price. I think they are much better than the trophy scopes.

capitan-d
November 29, 2005, 06:43 PM
the mueller tatical is actually the one i had/have my eye on. i just have not read very much about them. they dont seem really popular. the guys on rimfirecentral.com rave about mueller. i think thats the one i will go with. if i dont get the mueller i will prabably go with a simmons 44 mag, whitetail classic or something from the master series. i read a review in american riflemen about simmons' master scopes. they seemed to like the design very much.

thanks,
devin

W Turner
December 13, 2005, 04:29 PM
You may want to look at the Nikon and Leupold lines carried by Wal-Mart and other big box retailers. They are good quality and won't break the bank. Not as nice as the high-dollar models, but quality just the same. They are at the high-end of your stated price range, but all reports I have heard suggest they are a good value.

W

HSMITH
December 13, 2005, 05:58 PM
Spend every dime you can find on a scope. There is no such thing as a 'good' inexpensive scope. Nikon Monarch series or Leupold Vari-XII are about the cheapest scopes of decent quality out there.