PDA

View Full Version : Help ID this H K shotgun barrel......

78rm400c
September 4, 2005, 02:33 PM
Can anyone help me to ID this shotgun barrel? It is a 12 guage semi-auto, vented rib barrel with the Heckler & Koch Inc-Arlington 22201 markings. On the left side of the barrel it says; CANONNERIE MANUFRANCE CAL 12,
and under that is; SAINT-ETIENNE Check the pics.......

fal308
September 4, 2005, 02:59 PM
Manufrance is/was a manufacturer of French sproting goods. Their full name is Manufacture Francaise D'Armes et Cycles. St. Etienne, France is where they are located.
The HK information shows that HK USA imported this shotgun into the USA (all imported firearms are required to have the importers name and address on the firearm)

78rm400c
September 4, 2005, 07:31 PM
Thanks a lot. Do you have any idea what model it is from or where I can look ?

fal308
September 5, 2005, 09:32 AM
Found a site that may help you out or not.
Try going to http://216.239.37.104/translate_c?hl=en&u=http://www.manufrancemania.com/id2_manuenchere_identite.htm&prev=/search%3Fq%3D%2Bmanufrance%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DG You have to register to get on the site. Looks like no big deal though. If you can read French better than I then just go to www.manufrancemania.com.
Found it using a Google search then the translate this page function from Google (access that way if link doesn't work)

cocopolo
May 21, 2008, 04:29 PM
I own a MANUFRANCE shotgun, the model is a "La Salle" also made in St Etienne France. I understand that the St Etienne shotgun factory burned to the ground some years ago and was never rebuilt. The action attached to your barrel looks just like the one on my La Salle. i.e the chromed ejection door. The barrel on mine is chromed lined full choke but no vented rib. My shotgun is very well finished, smooth and surprisingly light...My shotgun also has a marking on the side that says just under La Salle - firearms international corparation Washington DC (odd) . I suspect that it is because it was meant for an importer in the U.S to wit: this corporation formentionned. It is hard to fnd any information about these guns.