PDA

View Full Version : I've found this shotgun.....

appleguy53
August 29, 2005, 07:11 PM
Obviously if I had a photo it would help, but that will have to wait for now. This is a Remington single, 12 gauge,with a cocking lever on the left side. Stamped Remington Arms, Ilion, NY on top.
Bluing is gone, but it seems in good condition.
Anybody got any ideas what it is?

joab
August 29, 2005, 07:22 PM
PC2009 ~ (Bottom) Remington Arms Company, Ilion, NY, 12 gauge single shot, top-break shotgun activated by top lever. On the left side is a cocking lever worked with thumb action. The serial # 6561 suggests an early manufacture period. The 30" barrel appears to be steel with "P" stamped on bottom, however it may be of damascus steel and not shootable. The American walnut stocks are in nice condition and a fancy Remington butt plate Group Antique Single Shotgun 7 .JPG (90946 bytes)Group Antique Single Shotgun 5 .JPG (83210 bytes)is in fine condition with a few chips. The action is tight, the way I like my women, but there seems to be a screw head broken off one screw on receiver bottom. This is offered as a wall hanger for $300.00. ... BUY NOW ... (Or $240.00 at discount) Antique (http://www.neaca.com/GunRunnerSpecials.html)

Scroll down about 1/3 of the page for a photos

Bobshouse
August 30, 2005, 08:41 PM
That is one heck of a link...thank god I didnt have to type it in by hand...lol

joab
August 30, 2005, 09:02 PM
:)

I always try to type in the pertinent info to save the hour long search that some of these sites require