PDA

View Full Version : anyone know about electrical bore cleaners?

Chris H
April 14, 1999, 04:42 PM
Anyone know about those rods you stick down the bore and plug them in the wall and supposedly they suck the lead out? I've seen them for aroun 80$ but didn't know if they were worth it.... anyone have experience with these???

Mal H
April 14, 1999, 07:25 PM
I can vouch for Outer's Foul Out II. It will "get the lead out" in big clumps even after you think you have the bore pristine. The results on copper fouling are more subtle but will make a very significant difference in bullet groupings. I have never seen it fail to do that. It is very important to thoroughly degrease the bore before using it or you will get a false "clean" indication.

Rich Lucibella
April 14, 1999, 08:56 PM
Yup...what Mal said. It works great on lead, good on copper and poor on non-degreased bores.
Rich

DDS
April 29, 1999, 04:16 PM
I have never used that product, but I find an L&R ultrasonic cleaner with their solutions to be a great way to thoroughly clean a pistol effortlessly.

fal308
April 30, 1999, 10:49 AM
DDS
Could you start a thread and expand on the topic of ultrasonic cleaners and your experience and the pros/cons of them? I'm intrigued by them but have never tried one.