PDA

View Full Version : Favorite western movie.

Lucas
June 19, 1999, 03:32 AM
Which movies are the most realistic, whilst still being a good movie?

I'm kinda thinin' Unforgiven, with Clint.

Bulldog
June 19, 1999, 04:12 AM
Unforgiven was good. Personally, I liked Lonesome Dove. Of course, I can't help but to like Tombstone.

But on the not-so-realistic side, I still enjoy all the John Wayne flicks: Stagecoach, The Searchers, The Man Who Shot Liberty Vallance, Hondo, McClintock, Rio Bravo, Rio Lobo, Rio Grande, El Dorado, Big Jake, Cahill: U.S. Marshal, True Grit, The Shootist. You just can't beat a good John Wayne western. I especially enjoy seeing him with the same rig throughout most of his movies. The only thing I can't stand is seeing all those Buscadero rigs on the other actors.

Prichard
June 19, 1999, 09:34 AM
n

[This message has been edited by Prichard (edited February 07, 2000).]

Lucas
June 19, 1999, 12:15 PM
Bulldog, at this time I'm re-reading Lonsome Dove and will re-watch it again when completed. As for the Duke, any movie he was in --I'll watch. My favorite John Wayne western would be 1) True Grit, 2) The Shootist, 3) The Cowboys--that one choked me up.

Prichard, how about The Magnificent 7?

The reason for this post was to help remind me of good Westerns that I need to watch again. It's helping. Thanks.

Gunslinger
June 19, 1999, 09:16 PM
Wild Rovers, with Wm. Holden, Ryan O'Neil & Carl Malden.

Any of the Loius Lamour, TNT made movies with Sam Elliott, Tom Selleck, etc. are good for realism.

------------------
Gunslinger

We live in a time in which attitudes and deeds once respected as courageous and honorable are now scorned as being antiquated and subversive.

Bill Mitchell
June 20, 1999, 10:06 AM
"Lonesome Dove" is fantastic! I can sit and watch it all the way through and still be sorry that it's over.

John Wayne movies I really enjoy are "The Searchers","She Wore a Yellow Ribbon","The Man Who shot Liberty Valance","Stagecoach",and "Red River".

Other worthwhile Westerns are "Shane","The Gunfighter","The Big Sky",and "The Westerner".

Any John Ford/John Wayne movie and any Jimmy Stewart/Anthony Mann Movie.

More modern westerns I like are "Unforgiven","Pale Rider",and the TNT offerings "Last Stand at Saber River" and "Conagher",a movie that proves that Sam Elliott is the best cowboy star we have today.

"Tombstone" is like a '34 Coupe hotrod-not entirely historically correct,but it gives a hell of a fun ride http://216.199.9.84/NonCGI/smile.gif

Bellicose Bill

El Chimango Pete
June 20, 1999, 01:21 PM
All the above - the more recent seem to strive for a little more realism. Also "High Noon" among the classics, but as has been pointed out many times - that a town could be such a bunch of wimps in those frontier days stretches things a bit (today, mind you...).
Just by chance been seeing two videos I ordered together (amazon.com): "Quigley Down Under" (ok ok Aussie friends - agree you wouldn't need an imported 'yank' to sort things out) and "Valdez is Coming" - Burt Lancaster... both very good and both have some long range Sharps rifle shooting --- thing they are telling me something... http://216.199.9.84/NonCGI/smile.gif
Hasta pronto pilgrims!

El Chimango Pete

TENFAN
June 20, 1999, 05:08 PM
I vote for "Quigley Down Under". The best "gun" movie since "Winchester 73".

4V50 Gary
June 21, 1999, 12:34 AM
Mark me down for Quigley too.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

CapeFear
June 21, 1999, 10:27 AM
I like all the movies listed above but
"The Outlaw Josey Wales" will always be near the top of my list.

David Schmidbauer
June 21, 1999, 12:17 PM
I, also, am a fan of Shiloh Sharps Long Range Express... Tom wasn't too in "Quigley" either.

Who saw "The Last Outlaw" with Micky Rorke (sp?). It was a HBO Movie. It was good. HEY... it also had a Sharps... coincidence? I think not!

------------------
Schmit, GySgt, USMC(Ret)
NRA Life, Lodge 1201-UOSSS
"Si vis Pacem Para Bellum"

[This message has been edited by David Schmidbauer (edited June 21, 1999).]

fal308
June 22, 1999, 11:44 AM
I've seen all of the above and agree they are all good. A few I would add would be The Professionals, The Good the Bad & the Ugly, Ulzana's Raid, McKenna's Gold, Tom Horn and for the offbeat - the Trinity movies, Waterhole No. 3, Paint Your Wagon, North to Alaska; to name a few.
Luckily I have a generous video collection and Starz Western channel on my satellite dish :)

BigG
June 22, 1999, 11:56 AM
Check "Vera Cruz" with Gary Cooper and Burt Lancaster.

"Son of the Morning Star", about Gen. Custer and his last stand was compelling, especially in the comparisons between the General and Crazy Horse, his counterpart on the opposing team.

Who can forget, "They Died with Their Boots On", with Errol Flynn?

Black Robe and Last of the Mohicans, while not strictly westerns, have plenty of blood curdling action, in MHO.

------------------
Son of Liberty

Lucas
June 23, 1999, 12:16 AM
Ya know, I was just reviewing everyones favorites when I noticed a shocking lack of mention. I think this might be because of the political views of the "stars". What is your opinion of ........ Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid?

Paul B.
June 24, 1999, 01:39 PM
I particularly liked Kevin Costners WYATT EARP. DANCES WITH WOLVES is another favorite of mine. The WILD BUNCH, a true classic. QUIGLEY, another top movie. I liked all Clint's spagheti westerns too, even if they were a bit unrealistic. You left out Steve McQueens TOM HORN. History has shown that Horn used a 30-30 Winchester during his Wyoming days. Not the 45-60 that was used in the movie although he did use one in earlier times. Still a good movie.
When I was a youngster, John Wayne's early westerns didn't thrill me. They didn't have cars in cowboy times. (Shows how dumb I was.) It wasn't until I read Elmer Keith's autobiography that I realized that some cars were in use. I believe Keith called them "skunk wagons". Makes some of those early Wayne movies more interesting.
Some of the westerns I have not seen are by William S. Hart. I once read an article about him, and it was said that he not only lived the life, but insisted on authenticity in his movies. (I have been watching the silent movies on TMC lately. They're kind of fun.) WILD BILL is not too bad. There is some great gunplay in that one. One of the western actors I miss is Lee Van Cleef. He played a great bad guy.
Why am I sitting here writing this? I'm gonna go plug in a western and enjoy myself.
Paul B.

Robert Foote
June 24, 1999, 07:32 PM
'The Professionals', with Lee Marvin, Robert Ryan, Burt Lancaster, Woody Strode. Excellent atmosphere and the actors look like they know what they're doing. Details are excellent except for one millisecond where Marvin is holding a Browning High Power (circa 1916) and the use of a M1903A3. To offset that they use 1897 Winchesters and a Lewis gun very effectively. Good sound track, and the closing lines are unbeatable!

Paul B.
June 26, 1999, 04:52 PM
Gotta add one I left off. SOLDIER BLUE. Starred Candy Bergan as a woman captured by Indians. Ends up with the Sand Creek Massacre, if I remember correctly. It is a movie that will totally tick you off at the end.
Paul B.

Art Eatman
June 27, 1999, 12:02 PM
Lucas: "Rules? In a knife fight?"

Paul B: "Soldier Blue" was a great movie.

I sorta judge movies by whether I can watch when I'm alone and nobody is there to share the emotions. So, I sorta vote for "best" as being "The Professionals". Then, the first half of "The Magnificent Seven", as the characters are developed.

The only western which turns me off is "Shane", and only because of that damned little kid's whiny voice, "Shane! Come back, Shane!" (Old Farts get that way.)

El Chimango Pete
June 27, 1999, 04:49 PM
Art: It must be the aging memory cells getting clogged again but would swear Shane turned around and plugged the danged kid just before riding off into the Sunset.

Re Butch and Sundance: They're just back from Bolivia and say they got two movie guys - Newman and Redford I think they said their names were - to stand in for them as the Bolivian Army was getting close...

It was a good and well made picture - Hollywood Correct. If actors want to shame themselves off stage its sad, but their own affair... not all can be endowed with intellects proportional to their acting ability.

El Chimango Pete (aka Peter Knight)

Hal
June 29, 1999, 04:38 AM
All of them. IMHO, there is no such thing as a bad western. Even the poorest of them still have great guns and gear.

Robert Foote: The closing lines in the Professionals, ah yes, greatest line in the history of Cinema.

------------------
(!)

Art Eatman
June 29, 1999, 06:45 PM
Hal: Ever notice how many "self-made men" there are in our Administration? HCI? Congress?

Hal
June 30, 1999, 03:22 AM
Art,
Quite a few ;)
A lot of self made women too.
I think most of the women are related somehow, they all seem to share a common sister. The sister being the one some brat and her dog dropped a house on ;)

------------------
(!)

bill boyd
July 6, 1999, 09:20 PM
For realism, I can't believe that noone mentoned Will Penny.

Paul B.
July 7, 1999, 12:04 PM
Bill. Only because I forgot it. Yes. It was great. I just added BARBAROSSA to my collection. I've got most of Clint Eastwoods pasta westerns, but I can't seem to find THE OUTLAW JOSIE WALES. I kept bypassing it, and now that I want it, it's not around. Oh well, such is life inthe far west. I guess the only westerns I don't like are the ones where the hero (?) sings to his horse. You know, the horse opera?
While not a movie, I really liked the LONESOME DOVE TV series, especially the "outlaw years".
Paul B.

Andrewh
July 9, 1999, 09:54 AM
Angel and the Badman. My favorite John Wayne movie by far. I will always love the scene that he bluffs out the bad guys with an empty gun.

Bill Mitchell
July 10, 1999, 08:21 AM
Paul,

I'm also a big fan of the Lonesome Dove TV series. In fact,I have both seasons' worth of episodes on tape. :) I really liked the second season better,and I'll pull the tapes out every now and then and watch a few episodes.

Bellicose Bill

slabsides
August 1, 1999, 09:09 AM
I kinda like to divide Westerns into 'old', 'middle' and 'new age' categories. 'Old' movies concentrated on the epic aspects of the Western movement. 'Stagecoach' is the best of these, I think. 'Yellow Ribbon' and 'Red River' are other examples. The 'middle' years of the Western, emphasis was on the character of the people, and the 'anti-hero'. The best of those is one no one has mentioned: 'Hombre', from a story by Lous Lamour, starring Paul Newman. 'New Age' Westerns often take themes from the earlier types, and raise the myth to Olympic proportions...the anti-hero is elevated to the status of a demi-god. 'High Plains Drifter' is a great example of this trend. For a while, the Western was defunct...the singing cowboys and TV juveniles had sunk it with their sanitized and unhistoric depictions. But with films like 'Little Big Man', 'The Shootist', and 'Unforgiven', recent film makers have shown that the genre still has huge potential for telling a good story. slabsides

------------------
An armed man is a citizen; an unarmed man is a subject; a disarmed man is a slave.

James K
August 3, 1999, 02:10 PM
Hi guys,

You had to be quick, but did anyone catch the scene in The Unforgiven where Clint Eastwood levers the Spencer, pulls the trigger, realizes that Spencers don't work that way, and quickly cocks the hammer?

He was quick on the uptake and if you don't know what you are looking at, it goes by fast.

Jim

Jack Straw
August 4, 1999, 04:41 PM
Here's my thoughts on this matter:

Lonesome Dove- great story, great characters;
The Shootist- my favorite from the Duke;
Tombstone- great fun...I'm sure you guys noticed that at the OK Corral, Doc manages to squeeze 3 shots out of a double barrel shotgun without reloading. You know the BATF is irate over that modification.;
Once Upon A Time In The West- Claudia Cardinale's auburn hair and brown eyes;
Clint Eastwood's films have always topped the list, especially For a Few Dollars More, Unforgiven, and Josey Wales. I really like his rugged individual type of characters and their cool demeanor. I also liked Lee Van Cleef in those movies. But to me the greatest part of the spaghetti westerns was Clint's 4 3/4 inch Colt SAA. I would trade my back teeth for a set of those wood grips with inlaid silver cobras!!!

Jack Straw

CajunPowder
September 24, 2010, 01:58 AM
So here we are again, old man winter a'comin' and we have a few new members since this thread has been posted in.

I like this Gene Hackman movie "The Quick and The Dead".

It's got some BP revolvers and some conversions probably.

Talk about that or post your favorite movie and point us to some highlights that you might like.

ANYTHING might be fair game but let's defer to the original thread creator's direction. Drama, fiction, documentary, romance, FACTion, even old chinese movies where they using the Holy Recipe.

What will you be watching this winter?

therealdeal
September 24, 2010, 02:36 AM
Random Order(ps- eastwood was my gateway to other westerns like john wayne//once I developed a taste I loved them)

"Unforgiven"
"The Outlaw Josey Wales"
"A Fistful of Dollars"
"The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly"
"Stagecoach"(best one and only one I like is the 1939 version w/John Wayne)
"Cold Mountain"
**I also liked the one w/jack nicholson+marlon brando which got bad reviews** and they're others I cant thing of right now

therealdeal
September 24, 2010, 02:37 AM
silverado was good but I was only about a decade old when I passed that judgement

lonesome dove(one w/ricky schroeder) was great

"True Grit" should be in above post too("Fill your hands you son of a bitch." -john wayne)

Mike Irwin
September 24, 2010, 07:51 AM
Favorite Westerns?

The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance

Pale Rider

True Grit

The Searchers

Hardcase
September 24, 2010, 10:03 AM
I can't find fault with any of the movies that you guys have listed.

Any western with John Wayne or Clint Eastwood is a winner in my book. I don't watch them for historical accuracy - they're not documentaries. I watch (and love) westerns because they are a poetic representation of an era that was brief but had a huge impact on those of us who live (or wished they lived) west of the Big Muddy (and possibly east of the Sierras.)

They're quintessentially American: justice triumphs over evil (most of the time) and the good guys do and say the things that we'd want to do and say if we were in the same spot. What more could you want?

But if I had to pick a favorite, it would be Lonesome Dove, at least until another John Wayne marathon pops up on the tube.

aarondhgraham
September 24, 2010, 10:54 AM
Great fistfight (between Taylor & Borgnine), High drama, and great action.

Rod Taylor, Ernest Borgnine, John Mills, Luciana Paluzzi, James Whitmore.

Netflix sez: 1967NR - Gordon Douglas's gritty 1967 Western proves war can be hell for both sides in a conflict; in this case, it's American Indians protecting their turf and soldiers assigned to protect a fort. Both factions are on the alert, tensed for action, and it doesn't help that some of the military men are eager to push buttons.

santacaferacer
September 24, 2010, 11:04 AM
The Assassination of Jesse James is one of the better new westerns and a very dark movie. Also, where I live several contemporary Westerns were filmed that were not all that bad - 3:10 to Yuma and Appaloosa - both involving their fair share of gun fighting.

olyinaz
September 24, 2010, 11:48 AM
The Assassination of Jesse James is one of the better new westerns and a very dark movie. Also, where I live several contemporary Westerns were filmed that were not all that bad - 3:10 to Yuma and Appaloosa - both involving their fair share of gun fighting.

Those three don't seem to get much respect but I have to say that I liked them all.

I watched Hondo for the first time last week and I think it was simply excellent.

Best,
Oly

Andy Griffith
September 24, 2010, 11:59 AM
McClintock. :D

I like how he chases down my favorite actress. :D

True Grit- the most amazing screen shots ever in any movie, period. I don't care if it was period or even location correct, that movie is beautiful and what made it.

The Sons of Katie Elder- the scene where The Duke uses the pair of six shooters is classic!

The Great Train Robbery- which was the first western, and it was very good for it's day, and it had a train in it. :)

Appaloosa- I really liked it.

R.O
September 24, 2010, 12:04 PM
The long riders

GNLaFrance
September 24, 2010, 12:17 PM
Absolute best lines in a Western:

(Calvera has just captured the Seven)

Calvera: You go, then l give you the guns back. l know you won't use those guns against me. Only a crazy man makes the same mistake twice. But l don't understand why a man like you took the job in the first place. Hm? Why?

Chris: l wonder myself.

Calvera: No, come on. Come on, tell me why.

Vin: It's like this fella l knew in El Paso. One day he took all his clothes off and jumped in a mess of cactus. l asked him the same question: Why?

Calvera: And?

Vin: He said, "lt seemed to be a good idea at the time."

Doc Hoy
September 24, 2010, 12:20 PM
Open Range.

Best line

Postlewaite's pistols: Bang Bang Bang!

ironmace
September 24, 2010, 03:12 PM
The Magnificent Seven? anyone?

Yes, a remake of the Seven Samurai, but still, great movie.

also, The Big Country. Gregory Peck Jean Simmons. excellent.

aarondhgraham
September 24, 2010, 03:36 PM
Gregory Peck, Charlton Heston, Burl Ives, Chuck Conners (playing a weanie type bully)

Great movie,,,

Possibly the best western theme music ever,,,
Even better than the Magnificent Seven theme song.

Thanks for the reminder ironmace,,,
I just put it in my Netflix cue.

the Black Spot
September 24, 2010, 04:29 PM
ride with the devil was pretty good.

i am with most of you - any jimmy stewart or john wayne.

liked lonesome dove
really liked 3:10 to yuma

how about american outlaws.lol!

They came to cordura with gary cooper was good also.

the tracker with kris kristofferson was ok also.

Delmar
September 24, 2010, 05:18 PM
silverado was good but I was only about a decade old when I passed that judgement I second Silverado. It had a really great cast, and it was just plain a lot of fun. My favorite line was from Danny Glover "I don't want to kill you, and you don't want to be dead!"

mike in nc
September 24, 2010, 07:14 PM
All mentioned are great, I am trying to collect the old ones, just got "Outlaw Josey Wales", what I am really looking for is "the Great Northfield Minnesota Raid". Pretty good movie, and haven't seen it for a while

Doc Hoy
September 25, 2010, 02:41 AM
The Grey Fox....Richard Farnsworth.

It is late cowboy era, but I thought it was great. I was able to score a DVD version. It turned out to be a bootleg and didn't last very long. Now it is not available in DVD or it is at least hard to find.

Scenery is great and there is a train in it too.

therealdeal
September 25, 2010, 05:21 AM
I second Silverado. It had a really great cast, and it was just plain a lot of fun. My favorite line was from Danny Glover "I don't want to kill you, and you don't want to be dead!"

delmar, thats a great line. another one of danny glover's best lines is: "I'm too old for this *&^%". (Lethal Weapon 1987)

therealdeal
September 25, 2010, 05:26 AM
"High Noon" was a good movie. Cooper was before my time, but I'll always remember that one(I saw someone mentioned gary cooper in recent post). Appaloosa was fun to watch too+I hope hollywood makes more 310's to yuma, etc

eastbank
September 25, 2010, 05:28 AM
hombe with paul neuman,useing a shortened 1886. eastbank.

Zhillsauditor
September 25, 2010, 05:36 AM
Best movie rant has got to be Edmond O'Brien as Sykes from The Wild Bunch.

Tector Gorch: Silver rings.
Dutch Engstrom: [upset] "Silver rings", your butt! Them's washers! Damn!
Lyle Gorch: Washers. Washers. We shot our way out of that town for a dollar's worth of steel holes!
Pike Bishop: They set it up.
Lyle Gorch: "They"? Who in the hell is "they?"
Sykes: [laughs hysterically] "They"? Why, they is the plain and fancy they, that's who "they" is! Caught you, didn't they? Tied a tin can to your tail. Led you in and waltzed you out again. Oh my, what a bunch! Big tough ones, hunh? Here you are with a handful of holes, a thumb up your ass, and a big grin to pass the time of day with. They? Who the hell is "they?"

No one's mentioned it yet, but a really good one is McCabe and Mrs. Miller. The music is dated, but Julie Christie is HOT, and Warren Beaty's acting is just right.

And finally, The Ballad of Cable Hogue, another Sam Peckenpah movie.

Uncle Billy
September 25, 2010, 06:12 AM
I like the 3 westerns Robert Duvall made recently: "Lonesome Dove", "Open Range" and "Broken Trail".

JWT
September 25, 2010, 07:41 AM
Gotta vote for Lonesome Dove. Have watched it multiple times and enjoy it just as much every time.. (feel the same about the book having read it several times)

kadima
September 27, 2010, 03:45 AM
"The Frisco Kid" 1979.
Absolutely foolish!

therealdeal
September 27, 2010, 03:50 AM
(PARAPHRASE ONLY) "You hear that sound? That's you choking on your own blood." Jack Nicholson speaking to Marlon Brando. Randy Quaid was in the movie too.

"The Missouri Breaks" (1976)

salvadore
September 27, 2010, 09:45 PM
Wow, the Wild Bunch only got mentioned twice? It was one the GREATEST western flics in the history of films, it also had the best two lines in all of moviedom, no, not Zhillsauditor's pick, but towards the final scene after a night of frolic and drink the WILD BUNCH are buttoning up and loadin and bucklin lookin around and Warren oates character lyle Gorch says "Let's go." and William Holden's character Pike Bishop says "Why not?" a rhetorical question not needing an answer...Anyway, two great lines.

tripe1917
September 27, 2010, 10:09 PM
"Will Penny" and "Hombre". My favorite line in "Hombre" is when Newman asks Richard Boone, "How are you going to get back down that hill?".

Zhillsauditor
September 28, 2010, 05:00 AM
Warren oates character lyle Gorch says "Let's go." and William Holden's character Pike Bishop says "Why not?"
You have the speakers reversed--Bishop says "Let's go" and Gorch says "Why not?".

I think the most famous line, however, is from the beginning of the movie: "If they move, kill 'em". Sam Peckenpah's biography is titled that, as well as a song by Primal Scream.

salvadore
September 28, 2010, 05:49 AM
Zhillsauditor, right you are. I usually watch it every two or three years, but haven't seen my VHS copy for some time and the little woman hasn't picked up a DVD of it. What size lens do ya think Peckinpah used for the walk up the street?

therealdeal
September 28, 2010, 05:50 AM
I am really kicking myself- all the movies I've seen&never once the 'wild bunch'. that drought is comin to an end

sserdlihc
September 28, 2010, 07:52 AM
The Outlaw Josey Wales and Tombstone are my favorites.

Zhillsauditor
September 28, 2010, 07:52 AM
Not sure what Peckenpah filmed in, but if you don't have HD and blu ray yet, The Wild Bunch is a great reason to purchase it. The desert scenes are so much better in all westerns on HD--the desert just comes to life. I was fortunate enough to see The Wild Bunch back in the late 90s on the big screen when it was re-released.
I am really kicking myself- all the movies I've seen&never once the 'wild bunch'. that drought is comin to an end

You've never seen the Wild Bunch? -- he asked in his most annoying Eustice Haney voice. You're in for a treat.

salvadore
September 28, 2010, 10:49 PM
First time I saw it was in 69 or 70 @ Long Bien military base. Halfway thru the flic we got sirens indicating incoming, mortars or rockets, it was a big base. Finally the First Sergeant had to unplug the projector to get people out of the hooch and into bunkers. Great movie.

Zhillsauditor
November 13, 2010, 08:21 AM
Sorry to bump up an old thread, but it seemed appropriate.

I was a bit nervous when I heard about the remake of True Grit, even though I do like Coen brothers' movies. The trailer looks like it might be okay though. Well, I can't turn down a western even if it looks bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUiCu-zuAgM&feature=player_embedded

Doc Hoy
November 13, 2010, 08:41 AM
.....Every line that Richard Farnsworth spoke in "The Grey Fox", but especially, "If you come at me again, I'll put a window in your skull, so help me." Then, "I apologize for this disturbance, Gentlemen."

henryfrapp
November 14, 2010, 01:42 AM
Not sure about the realistic part but if you like old gun movies , The Professionals and The Wild Bunch are packed with turn of the century weaponry.

Zhillsauditor
November 14, 2010, 06:53 AM
Check out the Internet Movie Firearm Database:
http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Wild_Bunch%2C_The

Pilot
November 14, 2010, 07:05 AM
Yes, "The Wild Bunch" is one of the best, not only because of the story or filming, but it had several actors near the end of their careers, just like the characters in the film. Great actors from a previous era. None better. Holden, Ryan, Borgnine, O'Brien, Johnson, Oates.

They don't make actors like these anymore. Real men with real lives previous to film. Now they're just prissy wannabees. Sad.

Claddagh
November 17, 2010, 01:43 PM
I've managed to accumulate a fair assortment over the years, including most of the titles mentioned so far.

When I've "just gotta" watch a western though, the ones I'm most likely to reach for these days are: "Barbarosa" ("You been s--t outta luck ever since you was born, ain't ya?"), "Unforgiven" ("You shoulda thought of that before you decided to decorate your saloon with my friend!"), "Open Range", or "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

On the increasingly infrequent occasion that I've got six+ hours free at one time, "Lonesome Dove".

mrappe
November 17, 2010, 03:51 PM
I like most all of the ones mentioned here. Another one that I like a lot is Pale Rider.

Noz
November 17, 2010, 05:00 PM
HO! Maclin! Good Fight! No whiskey. We go home!

The Book
November 17, 2010, 06:24 PM
Hondo and Unforgiven. The line when Eastwood is leaving town at the end the movie. Cant remember it all so someone help me

Doc Hoy
November 17, 2010, 06:37 PM
".....and they all lived happily ever after.."?

No?

I coulda sworn....

mrappe
November 18, 2010, 05:26 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105695/quotes
Yes, that one was good.

youngunz4life
November 18, 2010, 05:44 PM
Yes, that one was good.

"Deserves got nothin' to do with it."

-right before little bill gets his head blown off-

mrappe