PDA

View Full Version : Sights for turkeys

Twycross
April 7, 2005, 12:55 AM
Spring turkey season is almost here, and I am wondering what type of sights you guys use, if any. Standard rifle sights, ghost rings, fiberoptic, scope? What are you into?
Just a standard bead is considered to be in the catagory of 'no sights'.

bergie
April 7, 2005, 06:15 AM
That is all I've ever used in 25+ years of turkey hunting.

bergie

artsmom
April 7, 2005, 02:46 PM
I like the two bead arrangement found on trap guns best. (One bead on the end of the rib, one placed halfway down).

Twycross
April 14, 2005, 08:40 AM
Hmm... Seems there are not many turkey hunters here. Oh well, season starts tomorrow. :D :D :D :D

Lokmdwn
April 14, 2005, 08:59 AM
I use the bead that came with the barrel. That being said I just put a red dot scope and a B-square mount on my 870 for my 2 kids to use this spring. I'm using my bow this year.

Good Luck

AdamGrier_atc
April 14, 2005, 09:02 AM
I just bought a set of truglow fiberoptic turkey sights. I haven't used them in the field, but I took the gun out in the back yard yesterday morning at sunrise, and I really like how well I could see in low light. I can't wait to take it in the woods this weekend!!!

Luthier
April 14, 2005, 11:59 AM
just use the bead on the end of my 74' Citori. Works pretty dang well. Just ask the one who was on the business end of it!

FirstFreedom
April 14, 2005, 03:05 PM
Can't say what I prefer, as this is my first time to hunt for turkeys with gun (tried bow last fall). I can say that the sight on the shotgun I'm using is a front sight only, of the fiber optic variety. Mossberg 935.