PDA

View Full Version : Wow!

sjstill
April 6, 2005, 06:52 PM
Geez, Indy-No-Place as a backdrop for your cover story on the USMS. :) Whoulda thunk it.....

Just glanced at the article, will read it in full later. This magazine just keeps getting better & better :D

Denny Hansen
April 6, 2005, 07:10 PM
Thanks, Steve. Where better than a U.S. Federal building/Courthouse for a backdrop on the U.S. Marshals Service? ;)

Denny

USP45usp
April 6, 2005, 08:13 PM
Which issue is this in? I got the March issue (in a store) and it's not in there.

When will I recieve my first issue of SWAT? I ordered on 2/19/05 and my customer number is 51F222056. I figured that I missed the March issue (so I bought it) and was wondering if this was in the newest issue (April/May?) or a back issue.

Thanks.

Wayne

Tamara
April 6, 2005, 11:51 PM
Complete with the usual Pat Rogers goodness inside, sorta like the creamy nougat filling.

Cleverly disguised as a typical product review, we get a "Look, you guys, this is how rail handguards came to be, this is what they're for, and this is how you use them," manual.

Gawd, but I love what this magazine's become! :cool:

Pat Rogers
April 7, 2005, 05:15 AM
Thanks for the kind words.
I strongly believe that most will buy something without knowing what it is for.
Weapons- and ancillary equipment- need to be viewed within the operational context.
It's all about information, and i'm fortunate that Denny and Rich allow me the freedom and space to get it all down on paper.

Rich Lucibella
April 7, 2005, 06:26 AM
Wayne-
Your first will be the aforementioned expanded May issue. On its way now. Expect up to two week delays in the West and PNW. I have no idea what USPS is doing with all those issues, but they always seem to be slow.
Rich

sjstill
April 7, 2005, 07:11 AM
Took my issue with me when I went to get my wife from work last night. Usually have a bit of a wait, so I might as well put it to good use. :)

Thought I was gonna fall out of my chair reading the "Shotbine" review. :D

KSFreeman
April 7, 2005, 09:31 AM
Steve, Indynoplace is a "SWAT friendly" zone. :D

(Now if they can only convince IPD's brass).

Jeff Randall
April 7, 2005, 11:19 PM
sjstill,

The guy on the May cover (Joe Kimpel), as well as the author are all from the Southern District of Indiana Marshals Service. Great bunch of guys. Joe has probably forgotten more about weapons and tactics than some of us know. Chris Barfield (the author) ain't too shabby himself ;)

BTW: Rich and Denny, Jason (the USMS supervisor in Indy) was VERY impressed with the layout and how the article was put together in the magazine. He has received his copies already and showing them off to everyone....I'm still waiting on my postman to deliver mine.

Jeff

Z_Infidel
April 8, 2005, 01:08 PM
Based on what I've read here, I simply must subscribe to this magazine. I look forward to being a reader.

sjstill
April 8, 2005, 01:53 PM
You won't regret it!

USP45usp
April 8, 2005, 02:39 PM
Z, do it :).

As you can tell, I am bothering Rich and all the rest because I'm all "giddy" inside to get my first issue to my door.

Like waiting for your first C&R purchase to arrive :D.

Wayne

*and thanks Rich :).

KSFreeman
April 8, 2005, 04:25 PM
Steve, you know, I looked at the picture of the DM zeroing in on the monument and I think I see my car in the background! :eek: :D

Ben Swenson
April 8, 2005, 04:50 PM
Darn ... let my subscription lapse and they hit close to home. Oh well. ;)