PDA

View Full Version : In need of Remington Nylon 66 Disassemble & Reassemble Help!

tbird210
January 6, 2005, 07:04 PM
I disassembled my Nylon 66 so I could clean it and now I cannot get it back together. If anybody has any advice or even a schematic/picture or anything that might help I would really appriciate it. :confused:

Please email me at tbird210@hotmail.com

Harley Nolden
January 7, 2005, 06:20 AM
unable to send to hotmail. Inbox too small

HJN :mad:

tbird210
January 7, 2005, 07:29 PM
Sorry about that.
Here try this one.

cdobbins@pldi.net

Hooey
January 11, 2005, 06:35 PM
My Dad has had one for 40 yrs ? or so. Never cleaned. I didn't even know how to take it apart. I e-mailed Remington and they sent me a copy(print) of the original book to my home address. Man was that thing DIRTY! I t still fired like a champ before being cleaned though.

CliveW
February 18, 2005, 12:34 PM
I just obtained an old Remington Apache 77 22 autloader (like a Nylon 66 but with a clip, apparently a special run made for K-Mart) although the clip is missing.

I'd apreciate any disassembly/assembly instructions because it appears a little bit of special knowledge would help.

Thanks,
Clive, <clive@xtalwind.net.>

CliveW
February 19, 2005, 02:33 PM
Thanks for the inf. Harley. Now I can probably put it back to together although on inspection, it's not dirty or gummed and has hardly any wear.

I went to the gun stand at the local flea market today on the off chance of replacing the missing clip. Not only did they have several NOS Remington ones, they had a choice of 5 and 10-shot. (BTW, the 77 has a clip whereas the 66 uses a tube.)

Nice to know these old nylon Remingtons are so well regarded. Certainly a gun worth saving.

pbman
March 12, 2005, 10:44 PM
I need these directions as well.

pbman
March 14, 2005, 12:12 AM
Thanks recieved the e-mail, i spent almost three hours yesterday, trying to figure it out.

CaptainRazor
March 14, 2005, 06:26 AM
Just a comment on the Nylon, I had a friend years ago who's father had one.
We used to take it out and shoot it, a lot!
To my knowledge, that gun had never been cleaned since it was new!
I never knew of it ever jamming or failing to fire.

Just goes to show ya, they don't make 'em like they used to, even the cheapest of guns in those days are better than the "premium" guns today!

deb2957
March 21, 2005, 11:44 AM
Am in need of assembly help with Remington Apache 77. Does anyone know where I can get a diagram? Or can anyone help? Please and Thanks Deb deb2957@yahoo.com

CaptainRazor
March 22, 2005, 05:43 PM
Just FYI,

You can call, or write to Remington, they will send you a copy of the manual that came with your gun.
I did several years ago, and they send me one that got here in just a few days.

deb2957
March 22, 2005, 09:38 PM
Thanks. I will give that a try. Hopefully it will have detailed assembly info.
Thanks again
Deb

aggiedude
March 29, 2005, 03:20 PM
Folks, I'm in the same boat as most of you "were"....I picked up my dad's Nylon 66 and want to clean it up some (probably been 10yrs or more since it's been "opened up") but don't wanna do it w/o some sort of schematic/breakdown. :confused: Could someone please send it to me or tell me how to get it ?? Thanks a bunch, and by the way, I really like the site :D I'm more of a Mil-Surp shooter but this site is fantastic and hope to do some listenin' and learnin' in here as well....Thanx again, Marty

mikemayberry
April 3, 2005, 05:04 AM
Hate to just pile on, but I would appreciate a copy of the Nylon 66 disassembly instructions. Same as everyone, my dad has one that has never been cleaned.

Thanks,

Mike

mikemayberry@cox.net

Harley Nolden
April 3, 2005, 05:36 AM
Mike:
Sent by separate email

HJN

Nortonics
April 3, 2005, 08:43 AM
Schematic here on Steve's Reloading/Firearm pages:

Remington model 66 schematic (http://stevespages.com/ipb-remington-66.html)

aedwards686
April 12, 2005, 04:32 PM
could someone forward those instructions on the nylon 66 to me

edwardsa@hsc.edu

thanks

Guy H
April 12, 2005, 08:23 PM
On the way.

tfont
April 28, 2005, 09:54 PM
I'm looking for the instructions as well. My father just gave his to my 12 year old son. He took good care of it and insists my son does also. Wish he would have passed it to me when I was 12.

Could someone forward to me at tfontana@tds.net

chasswick
April 30, 2005, 06:33 PM
Hey if someone wouldn't mind I would like to get those disassemble and reasemble instrctions also.
chasswick@yahoo.com

DucksOnThePond
June 21, 2005, 03:27 PM
have a Remington Nylon 77 and was wondering if I could also get the assembly/dissasembly instructions.

stupid tom
July 3, 2005, 02:39 PM
I'm having the same problem as everyone else. I managed to get the barrel off but can't seem to remove the bolt/upper assembly. I would greatly appreciate theese instructions as well. thanks

teh1945@aol.com

Harley Nolden
July 4, 2005, 03:47 AM
Stupid tom:

Sent by separate email

HJN

sm
July 4, 2005, 07:50 PM
Mr. Nolden,

PM sent sir.

In the interim I'm getting a "selection" of ammo to be tested... ;)

mcgrewm3
July 10, 2005, 12:25 PM
I need help finding instructions to dissasembly of my Nylon 66.
Just retrieved from my son after about 25yrs and found the firing pin retracting spring and retaining pin missing. Need to know how to disassemble and put in the new parts.

Harley Nolden
July 10, 2005, 02:40 PM
sent by separate email

HJN

Squirrel
August 4, 2005, 04:38 PM
Is there a step by step disassembly/assembly instruction? I'm in a some trouble.

I need to have this ready in two days... I'm gonna get it.

goresearch
October 10, 2005, 09:23 PM
Would very much appreciate Dissamble/Reassemble instructions.

Thanks in advance

goresearch@hotmail.com

AuTiger2005
October 25, 2005, 05:49 PM
I need the step by step disassembly/assembly instruction too. I thoght I could figure anything out but I have now been humbled....
Thanks,
AuTiger2005

RookieRimfire
November 6, 2005, 03:04 PM
I found this thread while doing a search for "Remington Nylon 66 disassembly instructions"....Thank God!

Could I get a copy of those disassembly instructions also:

emailmeman@earthlink.net

Thanks in advance.

smeagols
November 17, 2005, 07:21 PM
would also appreciate instructions thanks
email:smeagols@adelphia.net

Harley Nolden
November 18, 2005, 10:24 AM
Unable to email through TFL

Send me your email addy and I can reply through yahoo

hnolden@yahoo.com

HJN

Pharmr
November 19, 2005, 04:09 PM
Harley...I just wanted to say thanks for sending the instructions...they are exactly what I was looking for and you are a great resource!!!...thanks again.:)

JRH

healy4au
December 19, 2005, 03:19 PM
I tried to take my granny's old Nylon 66 apart to clean and could only get the barrel off. Please send the dissassembly instructions to healyrc@auburn.edu.

Thanks in advance!

Swan Hunter
December 19, 2005, 09:17 PM
Yep, I need the instructions also...I have one that is firing about 3 full auto and then jamming! Not cool....at least not predictable! I was afraid to jump into the beast. Are there still parts for these anywhere?

Thanks A LOT!

rowe54@midwest.net

mikesmith1115
December 28, 2005, 12:14 PM
Hi,

I have just been given a Remington 66 and would appreciate any instrcutions for it.

Thanks in advance,

mikesmith1115@cox.net

lilmomma
January 3, 2006, 03:57 PM
Need to know how to get my apache 77 apart and then back together to clean. Please someone email me and tell me how to get it apart. lttlsxmomma18@yahoo.com Thank you so much, I have little time to get this done before my son's birthday and its one of his presents so as soon as you can get me an answer would be great. Thank you thank you!!!

jfboard
January 18, 2006, 07:55 PM
Could you send those instructions for nylon 66 to jfboard@yahoo.com

Nain
January 30, 2006, 10:51 PM
A coworker gave me a nylon 66 in parts to put back together for him. I was able to get most of it together until I got to the cartridge stop spring??? I have tried a few ways of putting it together but it still won't work properly. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Scott:confused:

Cunfuzed1
February 2, 2006, 07:00 PM
I need the step by step disassembly/assembly instruction too. Also can I use my nylon 77 receiver cover on my nylon 66 frame?

ivanx
March 3, 2006, 04:14 PM
Bought the 66 in `82 and have put more rounds through it than there are to fire. Unfortunately, this year the action started to get a bit sticky, so I decided to clean out the carbon. I have the original schematic so I thought, 'what could go wrong?'. Would like some particular instruction as to safe removal of bolt handle and proper reseating of barrel.

I've used this weapon so long that it seems to point itself, sure hate to have to continue using the Ruger 10/22 (too heavy/box clips...).

Please send disassembly/reassembly instructions (much appreciation).

squidfist@msn.com

flyker
March 4, 2006, 08:23 PM
Along about for my 21st birthday, my best friend gave me a new Remington Nylon 66 . Seemed like a nice enough rifle, at the time, but it never quite learned to chamber the next round.

Thought it might get over that, but 'Ve always had to eject an unspent shell, in order to chamber the one behind it.

Noticed that you've been able to help the fellers before me and would sure appreciate similar info. Guess it's about time to get real familiar with an otherwise darned comfortable rifle.

My friend and I still keep in touch on a regular basis. It'd be nice to call and tell him I'd fixed the thing (he gets all soft and mushy over stuff like that). Thank you, in advance, kind sir.

flykernaut@yahoo.com

ivanx
March 18, 2006, 08:03 PM
Mr. Nolden, many thanks. Have now passed my own test (performed fourth disassembly/reassembly from memory). Will only put Yellow Jackets through this rifle from now on, had been using off-brand for the past year.
I was surprised that, although there was enough carbon build up to keep me permanently restricted to Post, this 24yr. old - never been cleaned - constantly used weapon is essentially in perfect condition (didn't even have to readjust the aim).

Will be recommending this site and your forum to fellow gun owners.

Keep up the good work!

ride-a-aug
March 18, 2006, 09:55 PM
If possible please send me instructions for the nylon 66 , like everyone esle
I too failed the disassembly test. Send to jdelaney@lfsco.com
Thanks in advance.

Swan Hunter
March 19, 2006, 04:34 PM
Would very much appreciate Dissamble/Reassemble instructions.

Thanks in advance

rowe54@midwest.net

chuck c
March 21, 2006, 04:03 PM
Just got a Remington nylon 66 from my father in-law.I would appreciate the assemble/disassemble instructions. Thank you in advance! Hope it makes it past the network stuff.

GUNSMOKE45441
March 23, 2006, 08:49 AM
A friend brought me one with the parts in a baggy, luckily I had an old NRA book that covered it. what a nightmare!!:eek:

finns
March 28, 2006, 09:56 PM
I have a 10C and a Rem 66 and would like to take them down and clean them but haven't out of fear of not being able to get them back together. Could someone please send me the info. finns1010@yahoo.com
Thanks!

onebohemian
April 19, 2006, 08:58 PM
Harley (or one of you guys that have already gotten them), please send me a copy of those disassembly/reassembly instructions too. Stumbled upon a Seneca Green 66 today at a pawn shop and couldn't let it pass me by. Probably paid a little more than she's worth at the moment as she needs some tender loving care. Gun is all together and shop owner guaranteed it (for what that's worth). Figured it would be a worthy cause to finally give this one a home that she can feel safe in. With those instructions and some quality time, I should have her back in top shape before even I know it.

Ten-fold thanks in advance to Harley and the crew.

Mark

Harley Nolden
April 20, 2006, 01:58 PM
onebohemian:

Instructions sent by separate email

HJN

onebohemian
April 24, 2006, 09:15 PM
Although I honestly believe that Harley doesn't mind all the requests for the 66 instructions, I thought I'd offer a little info I learned about the Remington Nylons (after I too got the manual from Harley).

There's a yahoo group called "nylonrifles." If you join it, they have a number of "files" available online, including .pdfs of articles about these guns, tear down instructions, parts suppliers, tips to cleaning and repair, etc. It just doesn't cover the 66 either but all the nylons--e.g., 76, 10, 11, 12, etc. Worth checking out if you're in the hunt for some specific piece of information.

On behalf of all of us nylon 66 owners who have received the instructions from Harley, here's to ya! Thanks. You gave us that hope we needed after we each brazenly (a/k/a stupidly) tore our rifles down before we knew exactly what the heck we were doing. You saved us all when we each thought we'd done the unspeakable -- permanently ended the life of a favorite plinker. Please don't take my post here recommending another source of information the wrong way. I'm confident you'll still be the go-to guy for lots of future nylon owners as the FiringLine is a great site. Maybe this will let you take a little, well-deserved breather for awhile though--at least from the nylon guys.

Mark

secondamendmentguns@
June 1, 2006, 12:04 PM
I got the whole thing back together but the sear dosn't work right and the cartrige cutoff spring is in wrong I think. Can you send a detailed instruction for dis/reassembly :confused:

cactusmike4
June 17, 2006, 05:58 PM
If anyone still has these instructions, please email them to me at

mandmpiercy@juno.com. thank you.

PS. Is there anywhere they can be posted on the forum? :rolleyes: Considering all the requests, it may not be a bad idea. :)

cactusmike4
June 23, 2006, 08:57 AM
Harley,

A big thanks for sending the instructions. Unfortunately, I left them on my email account the night you sent them and my wonderful wife who did not recognize your name deleted the email a day later and sent it to the trash bin.
If there is anyway you please could be so kind as to send those directions one last time, I will print them off the moment they arrive and never (I realize this is a dangerous word to use) ask for them again.:o

mandmpiercy@juno.com

Thanks

cactusmike

Chuck 651
July 9, 2006, 07:30 PM
Hello Harly,

Can I get one of your assembly/disassembly manuals fro the Nylon 66 sent to me, too?

Thanks,

Chuck 651

1reb
July 10, 2006, 01:10 PM
Can some one send me the directions on the nylon 66.
i just got the gun and the owner told me he try to take the gun apart and lost a spring.
please send to
gunsmithintraining@yahoo.com
thank you
Johnny

heartrock
July 10, 2006, 11:15 PM
Would you be so kind to forward me the assemble/disassemble instructions for the nylon 66. My dad bought this rifle for me 40 years ago. I burnt a many a shell through it as a youth, but it hasn't been used in quite some time and I would like to clean it up and get it ready to pass along.

Wasper
July 17, 2006, 03:57 AM
The Nylon's trigger group is quite unique. I detail cleaned a Nylon 66 for a friend about 15 years ago. I saved the slave pins that I used to reassemble it with, just in case I had to tackle another one someday. Although I figured out the dis/re-assembly, I sure could have used some instructions back then!

unoactu
August 31, 2006, 10:26 PM
HARLEY ! Can I please get the assembly/disassembly instructions for the Nylon 66 ? I have aquired one that I want to clean before I teach firearms safety with my son. Thank You ! Please send to; jccooper69@msn.com

unoactu
September 1, 2006, 09:40 AM
THANK YOU HARLEY !;)

deruncle
September 2, 2006, 04:41 PM
Can I get a copy of nylon 66 assembly. My barrel is just a little loose from the stock.

peak129
September 11, 2006, 02:20 PM
disassembled my Nylon 66 so I could clean it and now I cannot get it back together. If anybody has any advice or even a schematic/picture or anything that might help I would really appriciate it.

My email is peak129@yahoo.com

DocZinn
September 29, 2006, 01:02 AM
Hey, guess I'm a newb here, but I've been over at THR for a while.

Just bought a NIB Nylon 66 for a song and would like to check it out before firing it. Add me to the begging crowd for the dis/ass instructions, please.

drzinn@gmail.com

Harley Nolden
September 29, 2006, 03:57 AM
What was the name of the song?

HJN

DocZinn
September 29, 2006, 08:42 AM
Ninety bucks.

And thanks a lot for the instructions, Harvey.

sdenis1
October 17, 2006, 09:21 PM
I'm new to the site, but I have a Nylon 66 from my father. I shot through it when I was a kid and my dad cleaned it and could never get it back together. It's now in my posession, and I'd LOVE to show my son how to shoot with it.

Would you please send me the instructions to assemble it?

Thanks

JSDenison@netzero.com

jbondor
October 18, 2006, 01:09 PM
My nylon 66, bought new years ago, rarely cleaned, started failing to feed properly. Took it apart - sure lots of parts - and need help. I would greatly appreciate assembly/disassembly instructions. I will gladly provide reimbursement of costs, etc. Thanks. This thread is refreshing and very helpful. I am relieved to see I'm not the only one in trouble.

anti-foaming
October 21, 2006, 08:37 PM
Hey Harley, think I could get a copy of the dis/ass procedure.
Thank You,
e.w.r@hotmail.com

plinkin
November 6, 2006, 04:28 PM
Harley, I have to ask also, can I get a copy of those assembly / disassembly proceedures. thanks in advance.
arcioni53@yahoo.com

drizzle
November 7, 2006, 08:59 AM
Hi

I just picked up a Model 66 that looks like it has a broken firing pin. Would you please send me the disassembly/assembly instructions.

Thank you!

drizzle

shooter76
November 13, 2006, 07:05 PM
add me to the list. took it apart to clean....like many others.....and now i have not idea how to put this monster back together. thank god i found this thread. Harley....I would greatly appreciate those reassembly instructions. thank you in advance.....a real life saver!!!

76r
November 14, 2006, 11:07 PM
I hate to join in so late in the game but...
Could you please send me a copy of the Diss/Ass instructions for the #66
Mr. Nolden. (Mine was taken apart in1981, and the parts were misplaced in a move and relocated only recently. A truly joyous occasion!)
Thank you for your assisstance. :)

DocZinn
November 14, 2006, 11:27 PM
D'oh!

I just reread my post and realized I typed "Harvey".

Sorry, Harley. Fat fingers.

ralammers
November 16, 2006, 10:51 AM
Hello Harley,

There is one more who would like to jump in line for those instructions for the Nylon 66. If you could please send them when you have time.
Thanks,
Ross
rosslammers@yahoo.com

genehjelm
November 23, 2006, 09:15 AM
Hi, I'm also in desparate need of these instructructions. Very new to this thread stuff though. Also have been all over the internet and calling around the country looking for a replacement stock for my beloved Nylon 66. Very appreciative in advance for any and all help. genehjelm@hotmail.com

x-star
November 24, 2006, 06:35 PM
thank the lord for search engines. Nylon 66 in desperate need of reassembly. Thanks harley. please send to bwurfel@gmail.com

choui0726
December 6, 2006, 08:24 AM
I'm not so much glad as relieved to know that I'm not the only one out there that does things thinking "I can do this." without really knowing.
I'd really appreciate a copy of the reassembly instructions for my Nylon 66. I bought it new in '71 and took it apart to clean it (after many years of it sitting in the closet) before taking my son out shooting and went a little to far in the disassembly.
Please send to choui0726@msn.com

emercer4
December 15, 2006, 10:50 PM
I would also appreciate a copy of the instructions. I have one partially taken apart and don't know what to do next.

emercer1976@yahoo.com

Ranch Hand
December 16, 2006, 07:54 PM
Harley,

I would like to request assembly instructions for my Remington Nylon model 66. I tried to clean it and re-assemble as best I could, but after shooting afew rounds, I apparently didn't do it correctly. If you have a set of instructions please send to my email: cayuse2pard@earthlink.net

Best Regards,

mattdisher
December 16, 2006, 09:20 PM
I am also in need of the Nylon 66 Assembly diagram for the Nylon 66.

Thanks a bunch!

matt@disherinsurance.com

Jon Frum
December 17, 2006, 09:48 AM
Same here, Thanks! Mine needs a new charging handle.

www.vinceandjulie@bellsouth.net

Cpl_HOG
December 17, 2006, 11:30 PM
I would be most appreciative of the disassembly/assembly instructions also.
I just picked up what I think is a late model Nylon66. I say late because of a 259xxxx sn.
The threads that recieve the elevation screw are stripped, if I can't fix em I guess I'll pop a 4 power on it.
It was $70.00 and for the price I thought it would be worth the trip down memory lane. A nylon66 was one of the rifles from my childhood, oh so many years ago.
Thanks in advance.

cplhog@insightbb.com

HiBC
December 18, 2006, 01:28 AM
A friend and I got one back together about 30 years ago.Seems like the magic was slave pins.A close slip fitting pin with the end ground to a pointThese were used to get the parts in position,then driven out by the real pins.That is all I remember

BlindFaith
December 20, 2006, 09:07 PM
This book has some great info, and full takedown procedures.

" The Gun Digest Book of Firearms Assembly/Disassembly "
" Part 3: Rimfire Rifles - Revised Edition "
By: J. B. Wood, Pages 321 - 330, $19.95

I bought mine from Sportsmans Warehouse, but it can be bought
through Barnes&Noble, or Borders, etc.

A quote from the opening page on this rifle:
" For those not familiar with it's mechanism,though, the Nylon 66 can be
a disassembly/reassembly nightmare. "

Good Luck.

smexia
December 23, 2006, 05:58 PM
could you please forward me the instructions as well for the model 66 I am also looking for a new stock any ideas??

Steve

smexia@yahoo.com

texag06
December 24, 2006, 11:46 AM
Harley: I just joined the forums and am in need of the assembly/disassembly instructions for the nylon 66. I have two guns that do not work and I am trying to make one working rifle. My email is below. Thanks in advance.

dustinryan2006 at yahoo.com (of course, replace "at" with @)

Harley Nolden
December 24, 2006, 02:22 PM
Regrets: Nylon 66 no longer available

HJN

Cop66
December 30, 2006, 11:16 AM
I also need someone to send me the instruction on reassembly. I have a early model apache it was my Dads. He gave it to me and my daughter just shot her first squirrel with it this year. If :eek: anyone knows of anybody selling one at a decent price I'm intrested. I refuse to pay the crazy prices for these rifles. They are alot of fun but I have seen them on some web sites selling for as much as 600.00 dollars what gives. Email me at boatdad@comcast.net

Remmy
December 30, 2006, 10:19 PM
No longer available? If someone still has these and could email them to me id appreciate it.

jessepickens@yahoo.com

BlindFaith
January 1, 2007, 10:40 AM
Sorry guys......I don't have a scanner.
The book is well worth the twenty bucks.
There are 5 books in the series, and a hundred bucks very well spent.
A lifetime of useful gun info on many makes and models.
I will no longer buy a gun I can't take apart, and replace a broken part,
on my dining room table, using these books. I've yet to pop open a
Smith & Wesson, but it's day is coming. www.gunvideo.com is also a
great source of dvd's and video's for all sorts of firearms.
There are a number of guns I won't buy, as a result of owning these books.
Money saved and headaches never felt. These books will easily pay for
themselves several times over.
Highly recommended.

primerate2
January 3, 2007, 07:46 AM
I got this thing apart, its all in a bag and I can't get it back together. Would some one PLEASE also send me the instructions. THANK YOU VERY MUCH
global@mit.midco.net:

eek:

drizzle
January 3, 2007, 08:12 AM
I could also use the instructions for the Nylon 66.

Thank you!!!

mlrain@charter.net

drizzle

Mal H
January 8, 2007, 10:56 PM
I don't know if this will help any of you, but it is the owners manual with some minimal instructions on disassembly: http://stevespages.com/pdf/remington_66.pdf

Courtesy of Steve's Pages (http://stevespages.com/), an excellent source for instruction manuals and reloading info.

gibby58
January 10, 2007, 02:27 AM
Found a Nylon 66 in my Dads collection after he passed away that I did not know he had, safety does not seem to work and gun is very, very dirty, would like to acquire the disassemble and reassemble instructions in order to completely clean weapon. Thank you, Andy

gibby58@cfl.rr.com

mictodd
January 15, 2007, 01:37 PM
I would appreciate a copy of the disassembly instructions and pictures for a nylon 66. My grandfather gave me his and it needs cleaning badly.
mictoddire@yahoo.com

rembo_ia
January 28, 2007, 03:34 PM
in need of assemble/disassemble of remington nylon/apache 77, would be greatly appreciated as i am experiencing jamming after only several shots. please email me at rembo_ia@yahoo.com or post url where i can find help. thanks:(

Boomer8404
February 4, 2007, 10:26 PM
Harley Nolden,
Would you please send me a copy of that Nylon 66 Manual? I would appreciate it.

Don

JERICHO.40cal@yahoo.com

brownie42
February 5, 2007, 05:08 PM
I, too, would be obliged for a copy of the assembly/disassembly instructions for a Nylon 66. w.h.brown@comcast.net

joosh
February 9, 2007, 02:23 PM
also could you please send these details to

jebus_14@hotmail.co.uk

this is so that i can get my rifle cleaned without losing any parts and what to expect.

thanks

jmunch
February 25, 2007, 10:56 PM
Hi,

I just bought a Remington Nylon 66 today. Could you please send me the disassemble and assemble instructions. It sounds like they will come in handy for cleaning, etc.
My e-mail is jamespmunch@yahoo.com

Thank you,
Jim

moxmox
March 24, 2007, 12:54 PM
Hi, just purchased this firearm from a friend's father. This gun is in major need of cleaning before I think it would be safe to fire. I would appreciate any help in getting the manual or any instructions on break-down/reassembly. Thanks.
email is johnboy4@comcast.net

otownsurf
March 25, 2007, 06:15 PM
I would greatly appreciae a copy of those instructions as well. Theycan be emailed to otownsurf@yahoo.com I have had one sine I was 10 and I'm now 30 and I have to say it has always been ine of my favorites. Thanks again for the help

mrefaat
March 25, 2007, 11:56 PM
Hi, can I please get a copy of the disassembly/assembly instructions manual?

mrefaat@hotmail.com

Much appreciated

toddman
March 29, 2007, 04:56 PM
I too am in need of assembly instructions for the model 66. Took it apart, cleaned it all up and got everything back in it's place except the cartridge stop spring. Where the #$%& does that thing go?!?!?

Harley, please send the instructions to tachapman@ucdavis.edu

Thanks!
Todd

toolman846
April 1, 2007, 04:01 PM
Hate to add to your burden, but I too have a Nylon 66 I need instructions for. I have just run across this place, while I was looking for a diagram of the earlier models of S&W M&P, or Model 10, the ones with the little lever inside the trigger, (that had slotted-head, screw-out pivot posts instead of studs) instead of the "clothespin" spring, to tension the hand. Any help you might be able to give me on this would be greatly appreciated, as well. Or perhaps just point me in the right direction, to a sight which might have this info. Thank you vry much for any assistance you can give me.

Jim M.
toolman846@comcast.net

THE_K-MAN
April 23, 2007, 01:29 PM
Greetings Sir,

I have a REMINGTON- NYLON 66 .22 cal. and need some instructions so I can disassemble, clean, reassemble.
"SHE" has been in storage several years, I got her out and looked at her, she needs a good cleaning...

If you can help me out with this I'd sure appreciate it sir.

Thank You,

THE_K-MAN

ingodwetrust@embarqmail.com

THE_K-MAN
April 24, 2007, 05:00 PM
Harley Nolden stated:

Harley Nolden
Staff

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The Disassem is no longer available"

HJN

If anyone has a copy of this rare item & will share you'll have my vote for Sainthood. This has turned out to be as hard or harder than going to the Dress shop with my wife and waiting while she tries on every Dress in the Store before she makes up her mind. I'd rather be out plunking a few targets.

THE_K-MAN http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u248/KKK-MAN/gif-13.gif

ingodwetrust@embarqmail.com

Kailua
April 24, 2007, 06:58 PM
I'm another one who would like a copy of the disassemble & reassemble instructions. I got mine in 1972 and need to clean it up.

Thank you,

kailua

email address:
osrv@cleanislands.com

williamd
April 24, 2007, 07:15 PM
I just obtained an old Remington Apache 77 22 autloader (like a Nylon 66 but with a clip, apparently a special run made for K-Mart

CliveW .. 77 was generally available.

Part 19 on the schematic from Nortonics will go in two ways, so check the diagram as the gun will only work that way.

Remington has sent me several very complete schematics/parts lists. You have to request each type, but I have received more than one at a time. 742 and 3200 last week.:D Good support.

THE_K-MAN
April 25, 2007, 12:46 PM
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u248/KKK-MAN/ipb-remington-66.jpg

Nylon 66,
Take-down: Field cleaning;
Put the safety on, leave it on.
Remove magazine tube and any ammo.
Check chamber again, then pull charging handle straight out to remove.
Remove the two screws on the right side of receiver cover.
Pull straight up on receiver cover and set aside. Note position of bolt extension over barrel.
Remove ejector from left side of action area, should drop straight out, it’s the only large metal piece on the left side.
Turn rifle over, start unscrewing the barrel screw from underside of rifle. It’s the only screw on the bottom.
Do not fully remove this screw yet, turn rifle right side up and push screw up to release the barrel. The barrel will pull straight out of the stock.
Note that the bolt has moved forward to contact the barrel retention piece.
Finish removing the barrel screw and remove the barrel retention band and its alignment plate from the stock, make a note of how they come out, the plate is marked "front" if you forget.
Pull the bolt out toward the front.
Remove the recoil spring and plunger.
You are basically done now, you can remove the striker, but I don't recommend it for most people, you can reassemble the striker assembly so the safety doesn't work but everything else works normally, i.e. the gun will fire when the trigger is pulled on safe. !!!NOT RECOMMENDED!!!
Air-Hose, brush, wipe, spray, whatever the rest of the crud out, and clean the barrel normally.
Reassembly is in the reverse order.
Good luck. BE SAFE!

Cunfuzed1
May 19, 2007, 03:34 AM
For Harley and the rest-- All the information that you require to assemble /disassemble a Remington nylon can be found at http://www.nylonrifles.com

Cunfuzed1
May 19, 2007, 10:37 AM
http://www.nylonrifles.com

Cunfuzed1
May 19, 2007, 01:31 PM
I want my "sainthood " soon please.

rivercityred58
May 20, 2007, 10:10 AM
I have a Nylon 66 which was taken apart for cleaning (never should have done that) and now I can Not reassemble. please help. Any amplifying info can be sent to: jeff@rockettech.net

banjoman
May 30, 2007, 10:53 AM
The link you posted is GREAT!!!! I just bought a 66 for my son and would swear it was the one I had about 35 years ago.. LOL .. I totaly broke down his 66, cleaned it, and put it back together with no problems using one of the documents there. However, I do have experience with small assemblies & such. Just make sure the rifle is cocked when taking it apart and you pay attention to the cocking assembly so you can get it back together properly. (If you end up with a basket case find someone who knows what they are doing or I'll buy it for $20...LOL.....)

You all may want to take a peek at this site too. It has ALL KINDS of manuals including firearms, military, & such. Most of the firearms manuals are owners manuals but there is still some really good ones there. Really old ones too....

http://pdf.textfiles.com/manuals/

Banjoman

banjoman@optonline.net

W.E.G.
July 1, 2007, 10:05 PM
http://www.nylonrifles.com/Nylonpdf/66DIS.pdf

tmor5078
October 31, 2007, 01:19 PM
Can some was e mail me those instructions. It would be much appreciated...

tmor1086@yahoo.com thanks again:)

rjuren
January 11, 2008, 06:02 PM
Okay guys - I've done a lot of searching and finally found this site which has the complete user manual, exploded diagram, and dissassembly instructions in .pdf format. There is no charge and you can download them / print them off..

Here's a word of caution though.. In all of my research I have seen it stated repeatedly - Don't Do It !! I haven't taken mine apart yet - I'm still reading the instructions and trying to decide if I'm smart enough to take this on.. LOL

Enjoy !!

www.nylonrifles.com

Choose "Documents" at the top of the page and then scroll down to see all of the manual documents.

rjuren
January 11, 2008, 06:04 PM
Sorry guys !! This is where I found that good information.. I intended to post it on a different site - not this one. Please excuse the error :eek:

j4real
January 23, 2008, 01:47 PM
help, need reassembly instructions desperately.
please e-mail to: j4harris@comcast.net

thanks

j4real
January 28, 2008, 12:44 AM
Harley:

I'm in desperate need of reassembly instructions for Remington Nylon 66. Please send to
j4harris@comcast.net.

Thanks Jay

Rich Perik
February 1, 2008, 09:46 AM
Could I please have a copy of the disassembly instructions?

coyoteplinker
February 3, 2008, 12:50 PM
Hi all..nice to see I share this problem and am not a complete idiot..

Harley, you are a man among men to help us out.

I have just inherited a chromed, black nylon 66..I wanna use it..but someone pulled the barrel and it doesn't get back in in a way that allows the action to operate correctly..

Could you please send me those instructions too?

nycfarmboy2003@yahoo.com

Has anyone else had this specific problem?

:confused:

rodneyatp
May 27, 2008, 05:40 PM
I have a brown Remington Nylon 66 that I purchased new in about 1960. I need the disassembly-reassembly instructions and diagram if available. The book that came with the gun has long since disappeared.

Thanks,

rodneyatp
May 27, 2008, 06:28 PM
I have a 76 not a 66. Sorry about the confusion

wewa79797979
June 10, 2008, 05:37 PM
Would greatly appreciate those instructions as well. Took apart because bolt handle broke off, ordered part, disassembled. WRONG! My E-mail is commander_perry@yahoo.com

samco
July 2, 2008, 04:53 PM
Hi Harley

Just got a nylon 66 given to me. need instructions bad. Thanks so much. Samco

ssamco1@aol.com

twiztedmike
July 3, 2008, 11:19 AM
i recieved a nylon 66 that has been collecting dust for years i am needing the instructions to break it down and clean it..... thank you.... You can email me at mikeheilman81@yahoo.com

montveil
July 3, 2008, 12:04 PM
I have both the dissassembly and field service manuals for the nylon 66 BUT they are too large foe this sites attachments

Ant suggesti0ons

montveil

montveil
July 3, 2008, 12:11 PM
go to nylonrifles.com

model18
July 3, 2008, 02:26 PM
Careful boys. Those Nylons are a nightmare to reassemble. Loved mine till it got burned up in a fire and would buy another in a heartbeat!

Balltease
August 22, 2008, 07:59 AM
Picked up a nylon 66 for $20. Great shape but the thing was probably never ever cleaned,,,,,,so yah,,,, I broke it all the way down for a thorough cleaning and now need some instructions. Please send to:

xtremesurfercop1@yahoo.com

Thanks, Tim

Chuck Brioschi
September 11, 2008, 12:32 AM
I could use assembly and disassembly instructions for the Model 66. I also would like suggestions on mounting a scope. I have mounted one and can't seem to shoot an acceptable grouping at 50 yds. I have had others fire it and they have the same results. Are there some special rings to use?

e-mail: cbrioschi@aol.com

b.thomas
September 12, 2008, 10:53 PM
go here then save to your hard drive!
http://www.nylonrifles.com/NylonRifles/Documents.html

vettezr1
April 2, 2009, 04:52 PM
I just got a model 66 that was not taken care of at all. I took it apart and cleaned it up and I would appreciate it if anyone could send me reassembling instructions.

montveil
April 3, 2009, 05:10 PM
look in rimfirecentral.com
You can get schematics from Remington
There is a small lever shown on the schematic that seems to go under a spring loaded piece-- this lever should go above the other piece so it is under spring tension before you replace the pin
This firearm does not need much lubrication, and none on the nylon parts.
I however, use a Teflon dry lube on all the parts.
Have fun, it's a great little 22. maybe not the most accurate but a great shooting piece.
A world record was set back in the 60's from a Remington nylon 66 shooter when he hit 200,000 2X2 wood blocks tossed into the air. The rifle was not cleaned during the feat.
As a plinker and hunter under 50 yards it is great. Also a great beginning rifle as it weighs only 4 1/2 pounds.
I had a problem holding a scope on the grooved sheet metal receiver but I finally got a pair of Weaver grooved receiver to Weaver dovetails and that seemed to solve the problem

montveil
April 3, 2009, 05:13 PM
OK with the Nylon rifle site< I used to visit it regularly but the site went down for some time and I gave up on it. It is the premium site fore the nylons

rmooney
April 6, 2009, 01:17 PM
would like disassemble/reasemble instructions for rem nylon 66 thanks in advance

montveil
April 6, 2009, 01:34 PM
see above

dddowning
June 19, 2009, 11:49 AM
would like disassemble/reasemble instructions for rem nylon 66
Thank You

montveil
June 21, 2009, 01:59 PM
try --http://rimfirecentral.com/

lockdown96
June 21, 2009, 04:27 PM
I need to know how to break down this gun too. My sons Grandfather left it to him , it is jamming cause of beening dirty. Help please.

montveil
June 23, 2009, 04:15 PM
Check Nylonrifles.com
Everything you want to know about those nylons

Lawrence
June 30, 2009, 07:51 PM
Are there replacment magazines or clips for the plastic ones that came with the Apache 77? Any generic clip ou there? Trying to find one. Thx.

gun44
July 4, 2009, 06:11 AM
on disassembly and reassembly of these rifles.

tomgun
July 4, 2009, 06:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1syvtFfpzlw

JacksBrat
October 30, 2009, 01:03 AM
While reading the threads for the manual for the Nyon 66 someone had asked where they could purchase parts for the 66 and 76. I came across the website below. It looks like it would be a good site for parts.

http://www.gun-parts.com/remington22rifle/

I hope this helps.

Jacks Bratt

JacksBrat
October 30, 2009, 01:46 AM
I have the manuals in a PDF format but this system will not allow me to upload the document it is too large. If you would like the manuals (3) please post your email and I will send them to you.

langenc
October 30, 2009, 01:47 PM
There must be thousands of them out there-rarely shot and never cleaned.

dondavis3
December 24, 2009, 01:32 PM
I do not mean to be a grump or smart butt on Christmas eve, but if it ain't broke don't mess with it :eek:

Just kidding - we all need to clean our guns - but some guns are a bitch to clean and those guns that are mine just don't get cleaned that much.:eek:

I've shot a million shots through my Nylon 66 :cool:

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx67/dondavis3/Guns/DSC_0111-1.jpg?t=1261679479

Well maybe not a million :p

jcwynne
September 6, 2010, 02:30 PM
ok i had to take apart my nylon 66 to replace the cartridge stop spring and the cartridge feed insert came out ive whatch vidieos on you tube and on mynyolnrifles.com and had no luck putting the insert back in i need help cause i love this lil gun

montveil
September 7, 2010, 09:26 AM
There used to be a site called nylonrifles but it does not exist. You may want to go to http://www.rimfirecentral.com
I have a 66 and all the Remington schematics shows the #13 cartridge stop spring over the #12 cartridge stop pin BUT it should go UNDER the pin so there is spring tension.
It took me forever to figure this out.
good luck

kennyguillotte
October 31, 2010, 02:16 PM
Need schematic for my Nylon 66 to disassemble and assemble after cleaning. Can anyone help?

montveil
October 31, 2010, 05:15 PM
Try these sights
http://www.scribd.com/doc/26621040/Remington-Nylon-66-Manual
http://www.scribd.com/doc/26621040/Remington-Nylon-66-Manual

gyvel
November 15, 2010, 09:59 PM
Once again: Try the NRA Firearms Disassembly long guns volume. Detailed instructions there.