PDA

View Full Version : Truly sickening Full auto pics

p99guy
December 16, 2004, 04:59 PM
we as tax payers paid for them...but here they lay in a foraign lands in rusty
piles, every one once carried by a G.I. in WW2 ...some were at Bastogne..some rode on the sholder of a marine walking out of the chosen reservor...but we couldnt have them.......and here they lay,... what a waste.
http://img137.exs.cx/img137/183/armspic0186ko.jpg
http://www.project-x.org.uk/armsdumpindex.html

klondike
December 22, 2004, 07:11 AM
No, no! it cant be true. Ohh teh horror! This pic made me cry :'(

Solidsheep
December 22, 2004, 07:25 AM
Sure, that's an ugly pic :mad:

abelew
December 22, 2004, 08:11 PM
Reminds me of the other day when I was at the gun store. A guy walked in, and I couldn't help overhear his conversation with the owner. He was dealing with an estate, which had some registered machine guns (uzi, etc), and some other people in the estate (im not sure of exact details) didn't know what to do with them. They were going to have them destroyed! Now, I dont particularly like UZI's, but I do know there is a finite number of legal machine guns in the country that civilians can own. To destroy them should be a crime. At least this guy had the wherewithall to try to sell them to the store (they deal in MGs), so that they could be preserved.

Cowled_Wolfe
December 22, 2004, 08:15 PM
That picture is just sickening... In a really depressing way.

hotdog19d
December 22, 2004, 10:10 PM
anyone know where that is?

Brick
December 24, 2004, 04:01 PM
Hello everybody.™

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Hey I have an idea! Go grab all those and get the $$$ from them at the gun-buy-back programs then go buy CLEAN ones! Not rusted ones!! :barf: Shoulda' put those in the hands of civilians! :barf:

abelew
December 24, 2004, 05:01 PM
prolly in kommifornia

gtodan
December 24, 2004, 10:11 PM
I believe I saw this and other photos posted on a thread about Vietnam.

DanJ

Tamara
December 25, 2004, 10:36 AM
Hey I have an idea! Go grab all those and get the $$$ from them at the gun-buy-back programs then go buy CLEAN ones! Not rusted ones!

Sadly, due to GCA '68, those aren't importable, and even if they were, they'd be un-registerable for us "simple civilians" thanks to the registry-closing poison pill attached to FOPA '86.

You'd have to trade in a lotta guns at a buy-back program to come up with the long green for just one transferrable Thompson...

PsychoSword
December 26, 2004, 09:33 PM
Let's just pretend somebody decided to make a sandcastle out of what looked like Thompsons and leave it at that... :(

wudjalike2no
December 26, 2004, 09:42 PM
i had to adblock that pic, it is so aweful

Lowjack
February 2, 2005, 09:57 PM
And here I sit with 20/55 gallon drums of WD-40. :barf: Mother always said life wasnt going to be fair.
This and the fact I'm residing in Kommiefornia, is just one more brick on the she told you so wall. :mad:

3 weelin geezer
February 2, 2005, 11:36 PM
Where is that pile? I sure would like to find one like that out in the middle of the desert.

Hnsthart
February 18, 2005, 01:40 PM
Here are some that are back in the country from Ukraine--Thompsons that apparently the ATF are allowing to be saw-cut very neatly

http://www.uniquecanes.com/new/Main_Partsets.html

shaggy
February 18, 2005, 01:51 PM
Here are some that are back in the country from Ukraine--Thompsons that apparently the ATF are allowing to be saw-cut very neatly

BATFE doesn't allow saw cutting as a form of demilling. IIRC it has to be torch cut with at least a 1/8" tip. Occasionally improperly demilled kits or kits from prohibited countries get in, but don't be surprised if you get a knock on the door by agents from the local BATFE office.

Hnsthart
February 18, 2005, 02:08 PM
I thought they had to have a diagonal 1/4" flame-cut in two places or something like that--they won't be coming to MY door--I didn't get one--they are so messed up that you couldn't get much from the parts that are still original. Barrels and bolts are demilled too.

missourigunner
March 9, 2005, 06:20 AM
If you think that the one picture was sickening, visit the web page that was given by post #1. The other pictures are worse. BTW, where were these taken, anyone know? Makes my blood boil. :mad: :mad:

Dakota Law Dog
March 28, 2005, 01:37 PM
I think it was on a Pacific Island.

Hawainpanda
June 23, 2005, 01:50 PM
wow, dam....that does make me pretty sad, there has to be a way for us to get those weapons perserved

racinstylez
June 23, 2005, 01:58 PM
so sad :(

John2
June 23, 2005, 04:07 PM
The link below the picture of Thompsons will bring you a whole list of disgusting pictures. The source is apparently some British (UK) organization that gets its jolleys destroying firearms. The Thompsons were probably ones we sold or "Lend Leased" in WWII. They never returned any. Alot were dumped in the channel. They had to get them out of the hands of Her Majesties "Subjects" lest they revolt. Thats why they were caught with their knickers down in the beginning of WWII.

cosmolinelover
June 25, 2005, 05:06 PM
So you're saying if I go diving in the channel I might find some old rusted goodies? I wonder if I could keep them if call them "treasure" I found.....

Ozzieman
June 25, 2005, 11:20 PM
A seeing a parking lot of 1970 Boss 302 Mustands being crushed becouse they dont have catalic converters (calaforinina)

ATW525
June 26, 2005, 01:01 PM
All I can say is wow.... I never knew that Thompsons and Sigs had the same finish... :p

big daddy 9mm
July 6, 2005, 10:34 AM
just think that it will rust into the groung and bcome dirt in time and people will get the metals out of th ground and make more guns and so forth. at least we know there is plenty of guns in the world. it is sad though. they should have sold them to the people as memory of WW2 or something along those lines. :( :( :(