PDA

View Full Version : Hey Peta, Beat this!

kelsey
October 12, 2004, 05:40 PM
Just about everybody has heard about PETA, the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. Quite simply, they are an avowed enemy of hunting. PETA is a well-funded group which acts upon emotions, not common sense or the reality of nature. Their articles brim with hatred and anger and are absolutely filled with bias and misinformation. Unfortunately, their steadfast arrogance towards anyone who disagrees with them is completely blinding. In particular, I am talking about wildlife conservation groups; whether created by hunters or not, PETA hates them.

I recently logged on to the PETA website and found an article entitled “Why Sport Hunting is Cruel and Unnecessary”. After fighting back laughter at the absurdity of the conclusions, I decided to vent by writing. There was so much worthless fodder to work with that I could fill a library in response, so I had to focus my effort: This article will focus on PETA’s blatant disregard for the benefits of hunting conservation groups.

PETA's writers state, “Before you support a wildlife or conservation group, ask about its position on hunting.” My response is “What the heck does their position on hunting have to do with benefitting the environment and conserving wildlife? Before you support a wildlife conservation group find out what they do for wildlife.”

I am amazed PETA condemns such groups as Ducks Unlimited, The Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, The Mule Deer Foundation, Pheasants Forever, and other conservation groups just because the groups support hunting. The fact of the matter is, no matter how much PETA boasts about their commitment to the advancement of animal rights, they haven’t done a thing except make loud noise. Hunting conservation groups quit talking and starting working, some have been quietly and efficiently saving wildlife for as much as 70 years.

To further my point, let’s do a little compare and contrast. In 2002, The Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation successfully conserved over 427,000 acres of elk habitat across Oregon, Washington, and Montana; 169,000 acres of those are permanently protected. In 2003, the RMEF launched 16 conservation easements permanently protecting another 56,000 acres and completing 236 habitat stewardship projects enhancing over 240,000 acres for elk habitat. RMEF's activities list is as long as it is distinguished and includes educational programs, legislative action, and habitat conservation to protecting elk for future generations.

How many acres of elk habitat was PETA responsible for saving since 2002? NONE. They were probably too busy getting ready for the “Holocaust on Your Plate” tour to worry about saving elk herds and habitat.

Let’s take another organization that PETA condemns because of its hunting traditions. Pheasants Forever is a grassroots organization which seeks to conserve wild pheasant habitat. Through their activism, over three million acres of habitat has been developed and preserved. Standing strong with over 100,000 members and 600 chapters nationwide, they actively demonstrate the commitment the hunting community has for the wild. PETA reports nothing in their “distinguished” list of victories about their efforts to save habitat for pheasants. Perhaps the PETA writers just misplaced the information at the time of publication.

The final patty on PETA's grill is the granddaddy of them all, Ducks Unlimited. Founded in the 1930’s out of concern for dwindling duck populations, DU has developed into one of the largest conservation organizations of all. DU has become the leader in wetland development and works alongside government agencies to design, develop, and promote natural wetlands. Every year, DU members raise millions of dollars for the advancement of habitat protection and every year, more land is conserved as a continuous effort to help ensure ducks for future hunters. Ducks Unlimited Canada currently owns 300,000 acres of the prime nesting grounds for the plains region.

What has PETA done in term of ensuring the future of waterfowl and wetlands? According to the PETA victory list, 300 Canadian geese were protected against being removed from a golf course. Way to think big guys.

PETA is a ridiculous group who claims to care about animal life, but their actions only serve to advance their own political agenda. In short, PETA is about promoting PETA. The problem is that people listen to them and if we fail to address their assertions about hunting, we are in danger of losing what we hold so dear. PETA would paint the picture that hunters are out to rape the land and murder anything that moves for the simple joy of destroying it.

They could not be farther from the truth. As hunters, we love the wild. The thrill of the hunt isn’t in the kill, but the experience. The essence of hunting fills the spirit and mends the soul. Hearing becomes keener, sight becomes sharper, and smells become richer as the wild pours through our very being, revealing instincts and insights into the ways of nature we never realized dwelled within us. We hunt for the love of nature and as a means to interact with it on the deepest of levels.

Hunters have such a profound love for the wild, they have acted in phenomenal ways to preserve it. The numbers simply do not lie. Hunting Conservation groups have saved millions of acres of habitat, rebuilt struggling wildlife populations, developed educational programs, pursued legislative actions, and above all continued to secure the future of our hunting traditions by securing the future of wildlife. I have illustrated just three of the numerous organizations available to all those who support wildlife conservation. I strongly recommend that all hunters join one or several of these organizations to help ensure the future of our sport. Please see our resources page for links to conservation groups that may pertain to your specific interests.

And to the members of PETA I ask, “What have you done to compare to this?”. Never mind, I am sure that you are too busy planning your next protest at the local KFC.

Editor's Note: PETA recently staged a protest in a downtown metro area in which a young man and woman had simulated sex in a bed placed on a public sidewalk. Their point? Eating meat damages your sex life, so if you really want to get it on, become a vegan.

Although the protesters themselves probably had a good time, the only animals affected were the pigeons who wanted their sidewalk back.

Kelsey
www.luvtohunt.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Copyright (c) 2004 High Mountain Hunting Supplies, LLC All Rights Reserved

FirstFreedom
October 12, 2004, 06:26 PM
I don't have a problem with law-abiding PETA members who "walk the walk", i.e. that are vegetarian/vegan (which one is no animal products, period, even milk & eggs, etc.?), because they're consistent in their beliefs (i.e. "just don't screw with animals, period, in any way shape or form"). I can disagree with that opinion quite respectfully, being an animal lover myself.

I DO however, have a problem with any PETA member that eats any kind of meat or animal product, particularly actual meat, while at the same time bad-mouths hunting, because truth be told, the lives of animals held for slaughter commercially is far worse than those harvested in the wild with guns and bows. In captivity, they're kept in horrible conditions (usually), often genetically engineered with meaty parts to the point that they are in pain and can't walk; all this before they're slaughtered, whereas in the wild, they get to live and run free until a hunter takes them (hopefully ethically with a clean shot with enough gun) - much more humane really.

So now, what might make sense, is a boycott of *commercially-grown* meat, in favor of an "all-hunting-source" meats in the diet plan. That would have some basis in logic at least.

The PETA types also ignore or gloss over the fact that for certain species, hunting is a desirable method of herd/population control and management, and the fact that the supposed substitutes (like sterilization and whatnot) are not really practical substitutes, because of the typically enormous costs involved in such things, making them cost-prohibitive to wildlife depts' budgets.

User Name
October 12, 2004, 09:39 PM
I can sorta see where your coming from FirstFreedom, but that just covers hypocrisy. It don't make mad to see hypocrites...it makes me laugh! :D
Anytime a so called animal loving "vegetarian" starts there babble with me the first think I do is look at their shoes and their belt (for women a purse)...after awhile they start looking too cause they realize your not paying attention to their ramblings. At which point I say "so you don't eat meat??? Well I guess it's a good thing I do cause that poor cow would have been killed for nothing more than your fashion other wise!!" :p That usualy gets 'em! (now granted they are not all hypocrites, but most can be had in that manner)
What makes me mad, and what I feel the real issue is (cause 99% of all of them fall in this category) and IMHO what I think kelsey is trying to convey, is that they don't "DO" anything. I can sit and cry about what I think is right and wrong, but what does it solve? The PETA orginization wastes all it's time and energies throwing paint, point fingers, carrying signs, and now it appears simulating sex! :eek: Meanwhile the exact people they are so against are the only ones who are actualy doing anything to preserve the nature we care so much about...
If they wanna impress me, they can start with closing their mouths and rolling up their shirt sleeves.

FirstFreedom
October 12, 2004, 09:41 PM
At which point I say "so you don't eat meat??? Well I guess it's a good thing I do cause that poor cow would have been killed for nothing more than your fashion otherwise!!"

Oooh, great zinger - gotta remember that one! :) OK, you're right, but they'd still be "walking the walk" if they were/are vegan AND refuse to wear leather in any form. Then I'd respect their argument at least.

Dusty Miller
October 25, 2004, 01:17 AM
You can't argue with people who are basically whackos.

Ohio Annie
October 25, 2004, 07:23 AM
The most clever thing PETA has done is convince many people they are harmless at best and at worst "liberal wackos." :rolleyes: Please see:
http://www.activistcash.com/organization_overview.cfm
This link is from the consumerfreedom website which has all sorts of interesting things.
Getting on PETAs hit list, :eek:

Jseime
February 13, 2005, 09:55 PM
these "conservationists" or "activists" as they would like to be called are truly whack jobs. i cant believe them. they sit and preach and preach about the cruelties of hunting and how guns kill people and all manner of dumb things while the real conservationists (Ducks Unlimited, Rock Mountain Elk Foundation) are out the making a difference and protecting nature for our children and grandchildren. i have yet to see an anti-hunter/anti-gunner who could come up with a valid argument, or have the ability to support even their whacko claims. it makes me so mad that they can waste time and actually brainwash others to think that they are helping things. i'd like to know PETAs position on the legalisation of marijuana it would be interesting to know just how many of their members grow the stuff (at least that would explain some of their arguments).

impact
February 14, 2005, 09:33 PM
Good read Kelsey! Thanks. I know some peta people. The are filled with hate for people. One told me that if he had a choice and had to kill a animal or a human. It would be hands down be a human. These people are sick! From what I can tell they get these ideas from college and universities. The ones I know went to universities ok in the head and come back nuts.

Ozzieman
February 14, 2005, 09:52 PM
BUt if you want the simple truth about PETA, to understand what kind of group they are and you might find this hard to believe of a group that is PRO animal.
But you pet owners (I am included 1 dog, 5 cats) are prime targest. They also dont believe in keeping pets, there not free to be as they were born.
This is the kind of nuts that run the group. How many veggy eating, gun hating people would send them money if they found out they were targets of the same group, just becouse they hate pet owners.
I was told by a friend that gives them money that PETA last week had a demmonstration north of Fort Wayne Indiana.
Seem there was a man that had a farm that rased deer. Fenced in deer about 300 ackers. And people could go there and hunt animals. They made it sound on the local news that they were tied down and people went up and shot them to peices.
This friend told me to watch, which I refused and when I told her that what was the difference with some one shooting a deer in a 300 acher farm and a cow that has its head bashed in or 2000 volts passed through it head for the hambugger she was eating.
Told her to give up the cow thing and I would watch the PETA thing.
Its groups like this that are destroying our country, and its time as Americans that we stand up and knock them off there feet and put them where they deserve, insane asylum.
PETA People Entering Traning for A--holes

MeekAndMild
February 14, 2005, 10:25 PM
http://www.activistcash.com/organization_financials.cfm/oid/21

Thanks for the link, Annie. I used it to find this link, and from it I learned that the Glaser Progress Foundation, owned by the people who make RealPlayer is the second biggest contributor.

I find it fascinating that the deeper you get into civil rights organizations like GOA and NRA the more grassroots they are but the deeper you get into anti-rights organizations like PETA the more elitist they are.

Rembrandt
February 15, 2005, 07:32 AM
Fight fire with fire....take PETA's money and use it against them. This is one of the most ingenious methods anyone has come up with yet....enjoy!

http://www.savetoby.com/

thebucket
February 15, 2005, 09:54 AM
You know, I find it interesting that gun owners are often portrayed as slobbering, murderous barbarians and yet has anyone ever heard of a pro-gun/pro-hunting terrorist group blowing up restaurants with vegetarian menus or destroying vegan products on grocery store shelves? Or how about firebombing soybean fields so the soybeans can't be processed into tofu? Sometimes I wonder who the "barbarians" are.

Rich Lucibella
February 15, 2005, 10:31 AM
Rembrandt-
Killer Link....literally. I love it.
Rich

38splfan
February 15, 2005, 12:00 PM
That "Save Toby" link is awesome! What an idea :D This has made my day, and the two vegans in my unit will definitely be introduced :eek:

Rembrandt
February 15, 2005, 12:24 PM
Hard to believe the PETA types have shelled out $14,000 to save Toby the rabbit from a dinner plate.....forces them to put their money where their ideology is.

http://www.savetoby.com/

Rojoe67
February 15, 2005, 05:32 PM
Just heard on talk radio today that PETA and her counterparts are up in arms with the latest findings about lobsters. Scientist have stated, they don't feel lobsters feel pain when put into boiling water to cook them. Being that the lobster has such a small brain and no backbone that the thrashing when the lobster enters the boiling water has nothing to do with pain.... (no pain no brain?)

This sent PETA folks into a foaming mouth dog like rage........ I guess they feel the scientists whom did the research were paid off by the fishing industry. One European nation, whom was in this type of fishing industry has and continues to feel animal have rights and shouldn't feel pain even if made into table fare. Well, this same nation did the study and felt no pain was inflicted to the lobsters. I think the nation was Denmark but I maybe mistaking. Please feel free to correct me if it in deed was one of Denmark's neighboring countries.

NOW - Isn't that special? or we could say THAT'S RICH...........or just plain funny that any nation would spend one dime to research and take scientists away from important studies to confirm what most of us common folks knew...... Lobsters are ugly rascals but taste darn good with butter..... :D
and to know they felt know pain makes me want to go back for seconds..... ;)

kjm
February 25, 2005, 11:10 AM
Meat Is Murder!!!! You All Are Murderers
:d

siotwo
February 25, 2005, 11:34 AM
Certainly kjm is joking, being from Aggie Land.

kjm
February 25, 2005, 12:11 PM
Hullaballoo Caneck-Caneck-
I shot a deer right off my deck!

WHOOOOOOP!!!

wyrdone
February 25, 2005, 04:45 PM
I think I have met one PETA member that I have actually agreed with.

That person was mostly vegitarian (did eat milk & eggs & fish though), but would eat meat if it was "hunted" meat. She always loved it when I brough her some venison or rabbit.

Her point was that the commercial meat industry is what she had issues with. That it was destroying habitat and has inhumane conditions. (I didn't feel inclined to point out that Egg laying houses aren't particularly humane either.)

I don't agree with her entirely, but she at least is closer to the right idea, IMO.

Personally if I have a choice I'll eat the venison I hunt over the steak or pork at the grocery store.

abelew
February 26, 2005, 09:10 PM
Which is better? Knowing where your meat came from, respecting that, or just paying a hit-man to kill the animal for you, so that you can get your meat, or a leather garmet, or jello (the gellatin is made from ground up horse hooves)? Personally, I would rather know the pain of the animal, so that I can understand what went into getting the meat that I am eating, not eating an anonomyous cow (now, I eat steak, etc). If you want to belong to an animal rights organization, more power to you. However, before you can go around and preach to me about what I do, you should really fix yourself, and make sure that you do not do anything, consume anything, etc that was made, tested, sniffed, or walked near by an animal. Kinda hard to listen to an anti-something, when they do the something that they are against.

Dusty Miller
February 27, 2005, 04:04 AM
You can't argue with the whackos from PETA. They know they are right and any suggestion to the contrary must be from some uninformed backwoods redneck who suffers from too much inbreeding.

Smokey Joe
February 27, 2005, 07:13 PM
Do I correctly understand from the "Save Toby" website that people have kicked in better than SIXTEEN THOUSAND DOLLARS to keep the rabbit from being eaten?? If so, I guess we have one more demonstration of the truth of P. T. Barnum's observation that there's a sucker born every minute. What a scam!!

cuate
February 28, 2005, 01:53 AM
Jokingly:

Spotted owl breasts basted with garlic butter are delicious.

Golden Eagle breasts basted with anything are as horrible fare as Turkey Buzzard.

The little minnows they are making such a fuss over are pretty good in Teriyaki or Soy sauce.

Has anyone tried Spotted Owl burritos?

kjm
February 28, 2005, 11:25 AM
No I've never tried spotted owl burritos, however- I find that if you slow roast whooping crane on a spit over either coals or medium gas heat, baste frequenly, you will have some tasty morsels that rival Attwater's prarie chickens or even their close cousin the sage grouse.

For us down here in Texas, we don't have the luxury of eating spotted owl, I guess grampa ate a few too many so we must expand our tastes for other things.

I like to eat bass caught on a San Marcos Salamander also.

FirstFreedom
February 28, 2005, 11:55 AM
I am laughing my fool head from the save toby link - omg that is too much. Funniest thing I've seen in several months. He has gotten $16K but alas he is still $34K short of saving toby and only 4 months left to go! LMAO that some people have actually contributed when this guy will probably eat the bunny anyway, even if he does get the 50K (assuming the bunny actually exists).

38splfan
February 28, 2005, 10:09 PM
This dude has an extra $16k, has made vegans look like enormous asses all over the internet, and has a nice peice of stew meat waiting to boot :D

The only thing that upsets me is that I didn't think of it first :D

perception
March 12, 2005, 10:44 PM
toby is up to 18k!

Its kind of funny, but there are two petas- People for Ethical Treatment of Animals, and People for Eating Tasty Animals- both real organizations.

A few weeks back, someone caught a world record size lobster and it was on display at some zoo. (details fuzzy) People for ethical treatment of animals petitioned for his release back into his natural habitat. People for eating tasty animals simply responded to this petition with an offer to buy the lobster at the going rate for lobster steaks.

DR_MAX
March 17, 2005, 06:36 PM
Rembrandt:

That link is like a good ethnic joke. I hate myself for laughing at it. The thing is, we need to make sure that PETA stays marginalized - rather than ourselves getting that way. We need to try to consider what activities might make us out to be waccos with the voting public who have no axes to grind (if there are any). The more outrageous the actions, the more vitiated the credibility
- so lets make sure we're not the outrageous ones in the public's view.

PaleGreenHorse
July 14, 2005, 03:42 AM
P.E.T.A. in my book is... PEOPLE for the EATING of TASTY ANIMALS. :D

115grfmj
July 14, 2005, 08:15 AM
P...eople
E...ating
T...asty
A...nimals

As a matter of fact I called to order another meeting of my group
last night at the OUTBACK Steakhouse, the subject of the meeting
was a tasty 18oz prime rib. ;)

Twycross
July 14, 2005, 12:07 PM
It seems that Toby now has until November 6, 2006 to live.

kingudaroad
July 14, 2005, 12:59 PM
Remember that the reason PETA exists is because of our ability to express our beliefs and opinions freely in this great country we live in. These whacko groups are an offspring of our own independence. The PETA people have no chance to stop hunting in America. Martha Burke has a better chance of stopping the Masters. Hard to imagine but its a good thing that Americans are free to be ignorant. Just my 2 cents.

LAK
July 15, 2005, 02:31 AM
Sheesh, I am in the wrong business! Tomorrow I gotta run to the pet store and buy Toby's cousin. :D

biosciguy
July 17, 2005, 11:28 PM
I know a few vegans that "walk the walk", and are in PETA, but hey, you gotta realize that these PETA folks are the same folks that condemn March of Dimes (A group that works to lower infant mortality rates) on the grounds that they are "unkind to our simian ape brothers". I wonder if they will have the same stances upon the issue when they get a staph infection and need some antibiotics.

bclark1
July 18, 2005, 08:36 AM
good write kelsey.

the only thing i don't like about savetoby.com is that i didn't think of it first. and it reinforces my frustration with paypal. at least i can still just keep sending payments for "generic gunbroker.com auction, of course it's not guns or hicaps..." talk about a company with no cajones whatsoever.

SeekHer
August 6, 2005, 02:21 PM
Vegetarian---Indian word for poor hunter ;) :D

Ac1d0v3r1d3
August 7, 2005, 01:55 AM
"So now, what might make sense, is a boycott of *commercially-grown* meat, in favor of an "all-hunting-source" meats in the diet plan. That would have some basis in logic at least."

now this i agree with. i'm not going to eat somethat that was treated that badly for the whole of its life. you all can go ahead. i'm not saying murder is a bad thing, it happens everyday and will continue to happen. meat is just not something i need (atleast not meat that i havent harvested) and i cant say that i personally agree with mistreatment of animals. but thats your call guys. i live my own life and only ask that ya'll do the same.
thanks

dfaugh
August 7, 2005, 11:55 AM
After more than 100 dead dogs were dumped in a trash dumpster over four weeks, police in Ahoskie, N.C., kept an eye on the trash receptacle behind a supermarket. Sure enough, a van drove up and officers watched the occupants throw in heavy plastic bags. They detained the two people in the van and found 18 dead dogs in plastic bags in the dumpster, including puppies; 13 more dead dogs were still in the van. Police say the van is registered to the headquarters of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, and the two occupants, Andrew B. Cook, 24, and Adria Joy Hinkle, 27, identified themselves as PETA employees. An autopsy performed on one of the dogs found it was healthy before it was killed. Police say PETA has been picking up the animals -- alive -- from North Carolina animal shelters, promising to find them good homes. Cook and Hinkle have been charged with 62 felony counts of animal cruelty. In response to the arrests PETA President Ingrid Newkirk said it's against the group's policy for employees to dump animals in the trash, but "that for some animals in North Carolina, there is no kinder option than euthanasia." (Roanoke-Chowan News-Herald) ...Oops, my mistake: that's "Playing God" Defined.

The more I learn about PETA, the less I think of them. The story of them killing animals isn't even unusual. According to PETA's own filings, in 2004 PETA killed 86.3 percent of the animals entrusted to its care -- a number that's rising, not falling. Meanwhile, the SPCA in PETA's home town (Norfolk, Va.) was able to find loving homes for 73 percent of the animals put in its care. A shortage of funds? Nope: last year PETA took in $29 million in tax-exempt donations. It simply has other priorities for the funds, like funding terrorism (yes, really). But don't take my word for it: I got my figures from http://www.PETAkillsAnimals.com -- and they have copies of PETA's state and federal filings to back it up. The bottom line: if you donate money to PETA because you think they care for and about animals, you need to think some more. PETA literally yells and screams about how others "kill animals" but this is how they operate? Pathetic.

And you know what I wonder? PETA's official count of animals they kill is 86.3 percent. But if they're going around picking up animals, killing them while they drive around and not even giving them a chance to be adopted, and then destroying the evidence by dumping the bodies in the trash, are those deaths being reported? My guess: no. While 86.3 percent is awful, the actual number is probably much, much higher. How dare they lecture anyone about the "ethical" treatment of animals!

Unable to find the original article, this is quoted for Randy Cunningham's weekly newsletter, "This is True". http://www.thisistrue.com/peta.html Emphasis mine.

mgdavis
August 7, 2005, 02:49 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/mgdavis/th_quad12.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/mgdavis/quad12.jpg) :D

RoyG
August 7, 2005, 03:12 PM
Most of you probably don't even know about this...

Federal Aid in Wildlife Restoration Act (Pittman-Robertson Act) 1937

A 10 percent Federal excise tax, later increased to 11%, on hunting supplies (guns, ammo, archery equipment). Monies were collected by the Federal government and returned to the states in proportion to a formula based on license sales and area to support wildlife management. Requires that hunting license revenues be spent on wildlife management (excise tax monies, once returned to the state, can be spent in any manner). Provides predictable funding for wildlife management.
and take a look here...

State Fish and Wildlife Agencies to Share in More Than $530 Million (http://news.fws.gov/newsreleases/showNews.cfm?newsId=8434656B-1143-3066-405A1BE0A8F13188)

3 weelin geezer
August 10, 2005, 12:10 AM
I like man-a-tee's. They taste like chicken....or was it tuna? Oh, well. They are both chicken just that one lives in the water.

psycho nut
August 24, 2005, 10:46 PM
PETA

People
Eating
and
Torturing
Animals
:mad:

4V50 Gary
August 24, 2005, 11:10 PM
Rembrandt - I love the Toby link. Outrageously funny. I'm going to have to get a photo of a kitten and threaten to kill it unless 5,000 copies of my "Adventures of Tabby" are sold. :p

BTW, in California we also have our own PETA. It stands for:

People
Eaten
by
The
Animals

We seem to have forgotten that we're on the top of the food chain. The mountain lion lovers have allowed them to overrun the state. We've lost some joggers and a bicyclist to them.

FrontSight
September 21, 2005, 03:13 PM
They are mostly Reaction Formation Cases.

Those are people who have a lot of hatred and anger and know it's socially unacceptable so they cover it up with a "good-reason for it".

Examples: abortion clinic bombers, PETA activists who burn down research labs, etc...basically very disturbed and violent people who try to find an excuse for it so they can do it.

spacemanspiff
September 21, 2005, 04:00 PM
from the peta website:
Everybody is entitled to his or her own opinion, but freedom of thought is not the same thing as freedom of action. You are free to believe whatever you want as long as you don’t hurt others. You may believe that animals should be killed, that black people should be enslaved, or that women should be beaten, but you don’t always have the right to put your beliefs into practice. The very nature of reform movements is to tell others what to do—don’t use humans as slaves, don’t sexually harass women, etc.—and all movements initially encounter opposition from people who want to continue to take part in the criticized behavior.

so hunters are equated with slaveowners and wifebeaters? :rolleyes:

ltdave
September 21, 2005, 05:22 PM
http://thatvideosite.com/view/709.html

Penn and Teller on PETA

great!

some vulgarity if thats an issue with you or your family but very telling....

david

maximuss
September 25, 2005, 02:44 PM
I thought that is what it meant for a long time. :D

I also like Ted Nugent's sticker says:

"I love animal...They are delicious!!"

aspen1964
September 25, 2005, 06:04 PM
...who is the author of PETA's ethics that I should listen to and live by...????
I don't think they know either....

Henry Baker
September 25, 2005, 07:08 PM
Maximuss you beat me to it.

Don Gwinn
September 25, 2005, 11:05 PM
Regarding PETA being up in arms over lobsters, that one popped my irony meter.

You see, it hasn't been that long since PETA served lobster at a large regional dinner (maybe national?)

One of my mother's idiot cousins was a Kool-Aid drinking PETA member back in the day, which always struck my mother as odd since the woman was married to a tournament bass fisherman. He was in no danger of getting rich at it, mind you, but he still made money dragging poor, defenseless fish out of the water.

:rolleyes:

jsp98m3
September 26, 2005, 02:15 AM
What if you were walking by a beautiful lake and saw a delicious steak dinner laid out on a picnic table? You glance around nervously but since you are ravenous suddenly, you sit and quickly cut a succulent bite and chew it voraciously. Suddenly you feel a sharp pain in your upper lip and you are yanked from the picnic table and dragged quickly under water by an invisible force pulling at your distended lip.

Soon the ripples in the water calm and you are never seen again.

Jim

357MagFan
September 26, 2005, 06:47 PM
Although you make good points that any clear thinking person would agree with I really dont think peta people come to this website ;)

Wynterbourne
September 26, 2005, 07:10 PM
What if you were walking by a beautiful lake and saw a delicious steak dinner laid out on a picnic table? You glance around nervously but since you are ravenous suddenly, you sit and quickly cut a succulent bite and chew it voraciously. Suddenly you feel a sharp pain in your upper lip and you are yanked from the picnic table and dragged quickly under water by an invisible force pulling at your distended lip.

You see, there's a problem with that. Fish don't have arms, and I have a gun. After 17 rounds of 9mm go flying, I'm pretty sure I can convince a fish to let go.

Capt Charlie
September 26, 2005, 09:05 PM
Only way that sucker's gonna get me is if he uses a Tru-Turn hook Texas rigged in that steak with a free-sliding 1/2 ounce bullet weight. Oh yeah, and A-1 sauce as an attractant. :D

jsp98m3
September 26, 2005, 10:49 PM
Ok, ok, so say you are walking next to the beautiful lake and there's the steak and there's a beautiful mermaid? Turf or Surf? :)

Pointer
September 27, 2005, 12:49 AM
jsp98m3

:barf:

Art Eatman
September 27, 2005, 10:50 AM
jsp, given the evil nature of my dirty old mind, you brought up the joke about the archaeolist's dog, the architect's dog, the musician's dog and a bunch of bones. But I an't gonna tell it in a family publication.

And this thread has pretty much run its course.

:), Art