View Full Version : Questions for SoCal residents...

August 13, 2004, 09:47 AM
I was stopped short of buying the 1851 pistol because I learned that Turner's Reseda doesn't sell BP and percussion caps. Reloading Center also fold its wings sometime this year.

Where do you get your supply?

August 31, 2004, 10:24 PM
I am new to bp shooting and have just bought two Uberti's, a 58 Remington and today, a Walker. I've been using American Pioneer Powder (formerly cleanshot) myself, and I live in the San Fernando Valley. Angeles Range carries GOEX, and I can recomend a very good shop in Simi Valley, Greta's guns. I first met the owner years ago, a retired LAPD officer and all around good guy. His prices are good, he has alot of neat stuff (got the Walker there), and it's not in L.A. county ;-). Sad that Reloading Center had to close, I got alot of my reloading stuff there. In Culver city is Reiting guns, lots of stuff but I prefer Gretas, better prices and closer to me. Turners just does not have a selection of bp handguns like Reiting or Gretas.

September 1, 2004, 09:14 AM

Thanks for your feedback. I need to put all these plans away for the time being. Have so many expenses and problems (who doesn't) right now which needs attending.

I talked with Gils of Angeles Shooting Range about two weeks ago. I was ready to order at Midway but problems popped-up. :(

4V50 Gary
September 2, 2004, 08:04 PM
I bought 25 pounds (mixed lot of 3F, 4F & 2F) via telephone from Track of the Wolf (http://www.trackofthewolf.com). I bought my percussion caps (1k lots of both regular #11 & musket) from October Country (John & Linda are good people to do business with).