PDA

View Full Version : Questions for SoCal residents...

vega
August 13, 2004, 09:47 AM
I was stopped short of buying the 1851 pistol because I learned that Turner's Reseda doesn't sell BP and percussion caps. Reloading Center also fold its wings sometime this year.

Where do you get your supply?

vega

Tzvia
August 31, 2004, 10:24 PM
Hi!
I am new to bp shooting and have just bought two Uberti's, a 58 Remington and today, a Walker. I've been using American Pioneer Powder (formerly cleanshot) myself, and I live in the San Fernando Valley. Angeles Range carries GOEX, and I can recomend a very good shop in Simi Valley, Greta's guns. I first met the owner years ago, a retired LAPD officer and all around good guy. His prices are good, he has alot of neat stuff (got the Walker there), and it's not in L.A. county ;-). Sad that Reloading Center had to close, I got alot of my reloading stuff there. In Culver city is Reiting guns, lots of stuff but I prefer Gretas, better prices and closer to me. Turners just does not have a selection of bp handguns like Reiting or Gretas.

Lois

vega
September 1, 2004, 09:14 AM
Lois,

Thanks for your feedback. I need to put all these plans away for the time being. Have so many expenses and problems (who doesn't) right now which needs attending.

I talked with Gils of Angeles Shooting Range about two weeks ago. I was ready to order at Midway but problems popped-up. :(

vega

4V50 Gary
September 2, 2004, 08:04 PM
I bought 25 pounds (mixed lot of 3F, 4F & 2F) via telephone from Track of the Wolf (http://www.trackofthewolf.com). I bought my percussion caps (1k lots of both regular #11 & musket) from October Country (John & Linda are good people to do business with).