PDA

View Full Version : Problems with a 45

UnforgivenII
June 23, 2004, 01:32 PM
My Lama 45 minimax is having issues. When pull the trigger the firing pin makes a very light strike on the primer but that is all...I have cleaned it thoroughly, the slide is going completely into battery and the firing pin is not broken that I can see. What could be wrong with it?

DnPRK
June 23, 2004, 03:00 PM
Pull the firing pin and clean the FP cavity in the slide. Also make sure the FP block is installed correctly.

OBdoc
June 23, 2004, 07:28 PM
are the springs fresh?

1911WB
July 2, 2004, 09:17 AM
I'd get a "quality" FP & Wolff "extra power" FP spring. While you're at it, get a new Wolff recoil spring in the appropriate weight. I don't know if these parts are the same in your's as a standard 1911, but you should find out. :)

Harry Bonar
January 29, 2005, 03:04 PM
Dear Sir:
May I say as kindly as is humanly possible - trade it off!

cntryboy1289
January 29, 2005, 03:50 PM
Mr Bonar hit the nail on the head. I have worked on several of them and none of them would shoot for any length of time before something else would develope.

James K
January 29, 2005, 08:09 PM
In the case of light strikes, I would suspect either the mainspring (hammer spring) or a headspace problem. The former is easily fixed; the latter is not.

I have worked on a couple of those guns and while they seemed reliable, they showed lots of hand work on the inside, never the sign of a quality gun in this day and age, and were very bad in the accuracy department. One would barely hold 12" groups at 25 yards, the other was a little better.

So I think Harry Bonar's suggestion should be seriously considered.

Jim