PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call

Denny Hansen
May 18, 2004, 11:48 AM
Lots of changes in the last year. Now that TFL is back, we look forward to fielding any questions or hearing feedback on the progress of S.W.A.T.

Denny

Brian King
May 18, 2004, 11:54 AM
It's just nice to be back!

Thanks, guys!

Fernando Coelho
May 18, 2004, 11:58 AM
It's great to see TFL back.

P95Carry
May 18, 2004, 12:00 PM
Never thought I'd see this day ....... seemed like time to reg' and give up pure lurking! :)

sm
May 18, 2004, 12:07 PM
Thanks TFL, great to be back!
Denny, I'm here as promised.
I'll make the first pot of coffee...umm where did you move the filters? :D

hansolo
May 18, 2004, 12:16 PM
Denny: S.W.A.T. gets better every issue.....Great to be back here! :D

vitiaz
May 18, 2004, 12:19 PM
Denny,
Glad to see TFL back up and running.

I would also like to say that SWAT just keeps getting better and better.

Bill

Fred Hansen
May 18, 2004, 12:21 PM
Present!

blackopsglock
May 18, 2004, 02:05 PM
Is this your official home?

Schuey2002
May 18, 2004, 02:31 PM
It's good to see the 'ole place up 'n runnin' again!! :D

(Am I dreamin'?? Will one of you pinch me?!) :p

Denny Hansen
May 18, 2004, 03:12 PM
Thanks for everything, guys.

blackops-
Yes. This is the official home of S.W.A.T., though we also have a presence at Tac Forums.

Denny

SunBear
May 18, 2004, 04:04 PM
Denny: Thanks for resuscitating TFL. I catch you at TacticalForums also.

Denny Hansen
May 18, 2004, 04:38 PM
SunBear-
All thanks, both for TFL and S.W.A.T., goes to Rich. I just do my little part.

Denny

kobun
May 18, 2004, 04:42 PM
Just got the latest SWAT issue in the mail today.
Can't believe I'm sitting here and not reading the magazine.
Tough choice. :rolleyes:

OBdoc
May 18, 2004, 09:03 PM
Denny:

so if we already subscribe to the paper magazine
and we are registered at TFL
and we are loyal SWAT readers
do we have access to an electronic archive?
[SMIRK]

Denny Hansen
May 18, 2004, 09:23 PM
Smirkin' right back at ya :D
PDF downloads are available at the website.

Denny

rock_jock
May 18, 2004, 11:31 PM
I never stopped reading SWAT - its the best gun mag on the market. Now that TFL is back up, they make the perfect combo.

KSFreeman
May 19, 2004, 09:57 AM
Why aren't there more photos of Cap'n Ken? :confused:

Maybe a pic of him in a tweed jacket with a pipe in the back of his articles?

JDT
May 26, 2004, 11:27 PM
Denny,
I sure was glad to see TFL back in operation again! I also want to let you know that my subscription to S.W.A.T. magazine was the best magazine I ever subscribed to.
I just got my last issue a few days ago and like someone said earlier, each issue keeps getting better and better. I hope you go to a monthly magazine soon! Hint, hint... ;)
Keep up the great work your doing with the S.W.A.T. magazine and here on 'The Firing Line'...
Best Regards,
JD
W8VNU
jthomson@wcnet.org

KSFreeman
May 27, 2004, 02:07 PM
Erick, well, it's usually a cigar and a button up khaki shirt with sweat and powder stains. But a pipe and a tweed jacket would really spruce up the joint. :D Maybe with his hand on his chin lost in thought in a library with an open book. :)

Anywho, SWAT has really made a dramatic turnaround (at least in my worthless opinion). I am delighted, thrilled, elated, overjoyed, inter alia at the focus on training. Change of the culture, win the fight for RKBA!!!

One of the few that deserve the title "gun magazine" instead of "gun rag."

Geoff Timm
May 27, 2004, 05:01 PM
I confess I haven't even looked at "S.W.A.T." in years. As I recall it was about as expensive as "Playboy" without the thick text between the pictures.

Give me an example of why I should spend my money on it, please?

Geoff
Who is becoming a cynical old fart.

kobun
May 27, 2004, 06:35 PM
Geoff,
SWAT is the only magazine that tell things as they are.
If the authors don't like a product, they say so.
If you read any other gun mag, all the reviews are positive, and then that issue is filled with ads for that product.
I have other subscriptions too, but I am not going to renew them. Why? Because I am fed up with authors rewriting their old material. Oh, and finding old stories reprinted, stories that was used less than two years before.
And you wanted reasons?
Good articles, good layout, many pages with a good balance of articles and ads, good quality paper.
Buy one, you won't regret it. :)

USP45usp
June 6, 2004, 02:33 PM
Geoff,

I too was like yourself, and really gave Rich and SWAT a hard time (this started before TFL went down almost 2 years ago).

I picked up an issue and like Kobun stated, not every article was a "gushing" profile of any gun/knife/gear that was presented to them. It was honest writing with honest evaluations of the products.

They also cover more guns then most of the others. Most of the other mags should just change their names to GLOCK or 1911 because that's all they cover, with a fair amount of S&W to fill inbetween the Glock and 1911 reviews. SWAT does them all, and then tells you, the reader, the pro's and the con's without ending with "This gun sucks but we'd buy it anyway" as most others will.

And my favorite part is this, the Disclaimer, pick up a copy where it's sold and just read that, if nothing else.

Wayne

Rich Lucibella
June 6, 2004, 07:33 PM
And my favorite part is this, the Disclaimer, pick up a copy where it's sold and just read that, if nothing else.
Yeah, I wrote that. :cool:

Denny fired me from the editorial staff immedately after the fact. Go figure!

Thanks for the generous endorsement, USP. We promise to uphold the tradition. Comments like yours make that a mandatory.
Rich