Zorro
December 25, 2002, 10:16 PM
Whoa! where could you hang it?

Edge
December 26, 2002, 06:56 PM
Do you know what the spread is?

Sisco
December 26, 2002, 07:10 PM
I just want to know what he shot it with and how many times he had to shoot it!
What would something like that net? About a half ton of meat in the freezer?

MGB
December 27, 2002, 09:27 AM
I call BS on this one. Something about the picture doesn't seem right -- too Photoshoppish.

Steve B
December 27, 2002, 11:23 AM
I don`t know if this is BS or not. The moose taken from Kamchatka in Russia are described as being "prehistoric" in size. This could be for real...

Double Naught Spy
December 27, 2002, 02:16 PM
Well, as near as I can tell, the picture presented is not doctored after it was converted or created in digital format, or they did a very good job. Mistakes typical to doctor jobs, such as inconsistent pixellation are not present. That does not mean that the image was not originally staged or that an original film photograph wasn't doctored and then scanned into the computer at a less than ideal resolution as a means to help cover the doctoring.

So y'all have mentioned some giant moose being killed, but where has this appeared in print?

BigG
December 27, 2002, 03:01 PM
Whoa, Nelly! :eek:

thm
December 27, 2002, 03:32 PM
The photo may be real, but having said that, no special doctoring is needed to stage this photo. All the "tricks" can be accomplished on site.

The moose may be closer to the camera and the hunter further back and slightly below the level of the moose. The photo is then taken with a camera that allows both subjects to be in focus. This would decrease the apparent distance between the subjects and make the moose appear larger than the hunter.

This is akin to the trick photo that we all have where a kid holds his hand up to measure the height of some mountain or massive tree that is far in the distance.

Just my $0.02

Zorro
December 27, 2002, 09:54 PM
Too bad it's not an Irish Elk.

http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/mammal/artio/irishelk.html

http://www.ipcc.ie/infoirishelk.html

:)

ojibweindian
December 28, 2002, 09:57 AM
No freakin' way is that for real.

eroyd
December 30, 2002, 02:44 PM
I think it's real. An already massive animal enhanced by the photo set-up/angles. The moose's nose and near tines are probably at least six feet closer to the camera than the hunter.

I'd love to see more pic's and get the full story.

yorec
December 31, 2002, 11:45 AM
Nice moose. Angles are deceptive, but he doesn't look outlandish to me...

Russia, eh?

4V50 Gary
December 31, 2002, 12:41 PM
"Moose must die." BTW, your daughter's name wouldn't be Natasha, would it? ;)