PDA

View Full Version : highpower rifle target looks too easy?

jc121
November 23, 2002, 10:29 PM
was in a friends machine gunsmith shop today and he has a 200 yard sr1 target for the off hand and rapid sitting parts of this highpower thing and they don't look that hard as those were some big targets.

how can you miss something like that as I have seen small bore targets that you could of stuck the whole target in side just the 10 ring of those highpower targets.

I have two ar15's one is a bushmaster and the other a rock river and I think I will go to that match next month even if I get bored with such a easy target at least it ought to impress the women folk!

what kind of people go to this things , oh I see its probily those guys with the heavy jackets, gloves, matts and a expensive spotting scope and ego to go with it all.

what kind of score do you all think I can get and what would be a good score or a great one as I expect nothing less than exceptional when I go. let me see 50 shots at 10 points each thats 500 points with If I remember right 10 off hand, 10 rapid sitting , 10 rapid prone and 20 slow prone. that sounds easy.

how bought 400 or 425 or 450 or 475 or 480 or 485 or 490 or 495/ what do you all think? I think its on the 15th of dec. and its a 200 yard match they said. this looks easier than golf ever did.

Duckfoot
November 24, 2002, 03:11 AM
Well jc the size tgt in relation to the distance involved should make that huge tgt just a fuzzy black dot on the end of your front sight post (as it should). On a old USMC KD course of fire the first firing point was 200 meters out and the pie plate in the middle of the tgt was hard as hell to hit. Add a little wind, rain, and bad dope on your bang stick you might be all over that tgt and end up on the bottom of the pile at the end of the day. Even the best shooters in the world will walk all over the tgt if they are not on their game that day. Shoot first, brag later (young). Or if you really want to tick people off. Place first and not talk about it(old). Golf dosen't give me sore sholders after 30 min off hand. As for the spotting scopes, shooting jackets and million dollar rifle are nice, but it's more the shooter than the tools. (got my butt pounded by a old salt with a wore in m1a that was older than I was and a leather sling)

Airwolf
November 24, 2002, 05:46 AM
I did my first "serious" (as opposed to just plinking) with a rifle at 100 yards last week. I took a 100 yard rifle target, taped it up on 6 foot tall target stand and walked it to the end of the lane. I paced the distance thinking that the lane sure looked longer than 100 yards. I was very surprised when it was just barely 100 yards at that.

I returned to the line, laid down and picked up my new M1A to zero the sights. I was in for a rude awakening when that seemingly large bull’s-eye WAS "just a fuzzy black dot on end of my front sight".

The wind was variable and a bit strong at times so I never did get a proper zero, but I did manage to put quite a few holes in the IDPA silhouette target I was using to hold up my rifle target, but damn few on the bull’s-eye. I'll have to wait for a calmer day to compliment my novice abilities to complete the zeroing.

All and all it was a VERY humbling experience but it did leave a great desire to get back to the range and learn more (and get better in the process).

November 24, 2002, 08:00 AM
The course of fire is a challenge to the best shooters in the world, but jc121 thinks it will be easy.
If you go to the match be prepared to have your ego knocked down quite a few pegs. I only wish I was there to see it.

yankytrash
November 24, 2002, 10:05 AM
Ohhh Steeevveee, wherrre arrre yooooooouuuuuu? ;) :D

Just one comment to add jc. Some days that 200m pie plate looks like a kiddy swimmin pool. Other days, it looks like a pimple on a gnat's behind. As the days and years wear on, it starts lookin more often like them pimples than them pools.

jc121
November 24, 2002, 12:24 PM
:rolleyes: who's steeevveee?
does he do this type of shooting also.
but I did give up golf years ago because that was a dang hard frustrating sport but this one.
I'am not to young 48, glasses, short getting a middle age gut but I'am a going to give it my best (I hope).

I did not mean to make anyone mad as I just said it looked like a big target and after I'am done it should impress the women folk (at least the new one's as the old one left me a few months ago)

I live in colorado springs and its cold out so I will not go out and practice but may pratice shooting at the tv as thats a big target also just got to remember to keep it unloaded.

I will give it a shot at the next match and let you know how it turns out. jc121

Steve Smith
November 24, 2002, 07:53 PM
JC121, if you think the 200 yard target is big, you should see the 600 yard prone target! It's 36" wide! Piece of cake. Not sure about impressing women, some guy with a chrome front sight always gets the chicks. I think he calls himself Chris.

jc121
November 24, 2002, 10:56 PM
thats what I'am missing a chrome front sight. what color would be good to paint my stock to get the women? and no pink is not a option. lol
man 36" you got it easy!

TaxPhd
November 25, 2002, 12:27 PM
Tee hee hee!

Oh, to be a fly on the wall, or target hanger.

:cool:

AZ Jeff
November 25, 2002, 02:02 PM
You say there's a match on the 15 of Dec. you plan to attend? We expect a report the following week on how you "cleaned the course", and humiliated all the other shooters!!!!!

Please go to the match, and THEN come back and tell us what you think.

jc121
November 25, 2002, 08:29 PM
yes there is a match on the 15th of dec. here in colorado springs and its a 50 shot 200 yard cmp match with 10 shots off hand, 10 shots rapid sitting, 10 shots rapid prone and 20 shots slow prone. so that 500 points possible it looks to me. now if its snowing or 5 degrees out guess what I'am not going but most anything other than that I'am a gonna be there partner.

let me offer this to you all out there lets get a poll together and see who can come the closest to guessing my final score and the person coming the closest I will send them a nice pre-ban usgi 30 round m16-ar15 mag. (as long as you live in a free state that allows them) and if you hit it on the exact score and x count I will send you two usgi 30 round pre-ban m16 mags. and it cost you nothing but making a good guess.

here's my rules:

#1 you get two scores per person only and each must have a x count. so two folks may have the same score but different x counts.

#2 if a tie it will go to the first person that picks the right score by posting time.

#3 I will let steeevveee make sure its done fair and I send out the prize.

#4 if the match is called off or cancelled it will be the next match that comes up I can get to.

so get a pickin cause I smell a good score a comin cause I gotta another look at that target today and man its big. hey this could be like hunting if I drink enough the night before its gotta be easy!!!!!! jc121

Steve Smith
November 26, 2002, 09:53 AM
Stop calling me steeevveee.

FPrice
November 26, 2002, 10:09 AM
"what kind of score do you all think I can get and what would be a good score or a great one as I expect nothing less than exceptional when I go."

I shot my first hi-power match this past summer. Used my stock post-ban Colt Match Target with Georgia Arms 68 gr HP bullets. I shot about a 311 out of 500 which put me about two-thirds of the way down the list at a local club match. I found out later that I illegally used my sling during the off-hand portion of the match but they let me slide cuz I was new. All of the shooting was at 200 yards because that is the longest range we have.

If you have done a lot of disciplined long-range rifle shooting and know your weapon then you should be able to beat that. But, it is not as easy as it sounds.

I'll bet that you shoot about a 265.

Navy joe
November 26, 2002, 10:21 AM
290-6x

It's December in Colorado, of course it's gonna be cold. Don't be a chicken.

My second guess, just in case you're as special as you think you are. 372-10x

Correia
November 26, 2002, 01:39 PM
Talk talk talk. I run into people like this all the time. They talk about how easy some competition is, and how great and wonderful they are, but they don't ever accept my invitations to come compete. Go figure.

At least you say you are actually going to go.

My money is on humble pie. 250. 1 X.

That is unless you wuss out. :)

jc121
November 26, 2002, 07:14 PM
sorry steve I will not call you that again, was not thinking.

a couple of you only took one score but you may be waiting untill more are in and thats smart to wait till you get more scores in till you use your second pick.

you guys are not giving me much of a chance :D this is not the price is right you can go over without being kicked out.

I'am a man of my word the winner will get the mag or mags as I said I would. I also just might send out something for second also. will look around and see what I have.

since the match starts at 9 am mst on the 15th of dec. I will cut off all guesses at that time.

we need some votes for the 400's I'am guessing the high 400's.

but you all got some time and somebody out there has got to have some faith in me you never know I could I could have a good day. it happens.

Correia
November 27, 2002, 12:19 AM
jc,

I have decided to reconsider. I'm going to raise the bar. I hereby change my vote to 492. 8X.

Because heck, even a blind pig finds an acorn once in a while. :)

squinch
November 27, 2002, 12:32 AM
How about a 477-17x.

I almost gave you three more points, but I took them off to account for mittens.

I started to take off 12 more for "somebody's" muzzle break, but remembered I don't have to any more.

jc121
November 27, 2002, 06:54 AM
:eek: that was fast now those numbers is what I expected all along. mittens I plan on using a gore-tex heavy glove and as many clothes that I can get on if the weather stays like this.

man almost doubled your guess from 250 to 492 you must think this is a 800 point match intead of 500 but it is only 500 I promise.
muzzle brakes don't they help?
going to rent me some movies for the weekend and with a few good war and westerns under my belt and a little brake in the weather and some coors I'am going to try and get out and try out one of those targets.

man 492 thats a score to shot for and I can understand not wanting to give me something higher as someone told me I can't use a sling while doing that standing 10 shots and others are shooting at the same time.

ACP230
November 27, 2002, 10:20 AM
Low score 259-6X.
High score 449 11x.

There's some stuff involved that isn't obvious until you are in prone, tired, and with brass from the shooter on the next firing point dropping on your back.

Bueno suerte, hombre!

ChrisKinsman
November 27, 2002, 10:43 AM
I shot my first about 4 weeks ago and scored ~350 with a club rifle. It wasn't nearly as easy as I thought...

Steve Smith
November 27, 2002, 10:56 AM
squinch=dumbass.

:D

BTW, looks like I am travelling on the 11th, but I know that "squinch" will keep things straight, and maybe he'll eat a free lunch, paid for my JC. Maybe.

IamNOTaNUT
November 28, 2002, 07:57 PM
Oh, I hope that crow is a small one. Maybe you can saute it in butter with onions and garlic. Seasoned liberally with fresh ground pepper and salt, of course.

375-4x

No need for a second "guess."

Enjoy the match, and don't get discouraged. They can be a lot of fun, even if you find that you get monkey stomped by some guy old enough to be your grandpa. Even a bad day at the range is better than a good day at work.

cookhj
November 28, 2002, 09:17 PM
boy are you in for a suprise jc. i shot the national match course with an M-14 for a few years, went to the nationals about 5 times, and i'll tell ya, it's not as easy as it looks. my highest score was at the nationals and it was only a 465-10X. there's a heck of a lot more to the national match course than people think. if you are a really good shooter, you MIGHT break 400 your first time. and as far as i'm concerned, the 200 yd reduced course is harder than the full course (out to 600 yds), don't as me why. have fun, and good luck!

Blind Rat
December 3, 2002, 02:47 PM
Mr JC121,
Thank you very much for your order of the Bling Rat, BlingBling Chrome Plated Frontsight Post.

Since we are supremely confident that it will increase your scores considerably, I would like to enter two guesses;
1) 464-14x - Since it might be cold and the frost might obscure some of the "Bling" on the sight.

2) 482-18x - If the weather is nice and the sun is out - watch out!! Bling Bling!!

Mr JC121, just one helpful hint - make sure you use your Bling Rat Bumper Dumper before you step to the line. There's nothing like a load brewing down south to spoil a good standing string.

Jeeper
December 4, 2002, 08:20 PM
412-14x
450-16x

jc121
December 7, 2002, 03:33 PM
could not wait untill next week as someone told me about another match today in pueblo so I went out and shot the 200 yard reduced 50 shot match . its formated the same as next weeks match.

will not tell you what I got for a score today but will say that nobody that guessed so far hit the number but there was a few that got close.

it would be nice if they gave you more time in the rapids.

one week left come on and see if you can get close cause I'am going to get better I hope!

IamNOTaNUT
December 7, 2002, 09:22 PM
Oh, that's not right, those were guesses for your FIRST match - the one where you were going to go show everyone how easy it was. Time to post your results!

Blind Rat
December 7, 2002, 09:38 PM
Here's a link for all of you that have e-mailed asking about the BlingRat line of Extreme Shooting gear (and especially the Bumper Dumper).

BlingBling Gear (http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=10&t=127975&w=searchPop)

jc121
December 7, 2002, 10:13 PM
sorry it was a last minute deal and was bitting at the bit so I just went, in all fairness because alot of folks were hoping for some bad colorado weather and today was just a balmy 18 this mourning to start with a little wind later (somebody should of told me that the wind moves that bullet around. I will blame it on the wind and water in my eyes from the cold.
so because I shot today you all get another guess at the score.

blind rat are you backed ordered because of the christmas rush on those hitch toilets as it looks like a good option to add to the tent I set up in the bed of my pic-em-up truck.

if you all think I will do better next week let me know.

man I should of got me some blackberry brandy to go with all that coffee I drank before the off hand as it took me almost 3 minutes of the 10 I got for the 10 shots off hand to stop the shakes.

IamNOTaNUT
December 8, 2002, 11:04 PM
A lot of people have excuses. Me, I just didn't shoot that well at my pistol match this weekend. No excuses, just a lack of concentration. Total shooter error. Hopefully things will go better next time and I will not embarass myself. Back to the range . . .

I hope next week goes better for you, but for as much talk as you put out, you should publish your score.

jc121
December 9, 2002, 12:16 AM
:p I did not say I was unhappy with what I did I just know I need to work on some things and as far as next week I have great hopes as long as the weather is fair!

Jeeper
December 9, 2002, 07:12 PM
You should really publish both weeks scores here.

jc121
December 9, 2002, 08:16 PM
I will put both of them up after the next match and if it is canceled because of weather I will count the one I shot on last sat.

Blind Rat
December 10, 2002, 05:21 AM
jc121,
I'd like to change my lower guess to 486-14x and my upper guess to 495-24x. Rumor has it you bought a new trashbag for your bumper dumper.

Steve Smith
December 10, 2002, 10:12 AM
This is MY irreverent playgrond, Chris...no room for you. Scram.

(Bumper dumper...geez) :rolleyes: :D

jc121
December 10, 2002, 09:32 PM
486-14x now thats a good score but 495 -24x out of 500 thats really what I was expecting from you guys.
see there are not to many new guesses lately but you all are running out of time and I'am glad to see some of you are getting qaulity guesses in, ha!ha!ha!

Blind Rat
December 11, 2002, 04:13 AM
Whatsamatta Steevie,

Can't handle someone with a better sense of shooting fashion, has a handle on all the cutting edge Highpower gear and actually shoots highpower?

Just be thankful I don't invite over a certain "Clinton" Ma-key...:barf:

falconer
December 11, 2002, 10:59 AM
Just out of curiousity. What are typical scores to expect from ones first couple HP matches?

Steve Smith
December 11, 2002, 02:16 PM
Chris, just becuase you fancy yourself as a pimp and fashon mogul, that doesn't mean that you actually are. Please stick to pimpin' your Fulton wares. Maybe you and Clint should work out a deal where he uses your chromed sights in his guns and charges even more.

Falconer, no way to tell you that. Some folks can barely break 50%, and others are at 90% or a little more their first few times. Don't worry, though, you're always welcome.

BTW, Chris, I won't be around for about a month, so feel free to say all kinds of things about me. Most are true anyways.

jc121
December 12, 2002, 08:45 PM
since steve is not around it sounds if you want to know anything about highpower shooting till he comes back just ask me.

I just got some new gloves to wear so if its cold it should not be to bad. man getting excited and no more guesses lately remember the closest one gets a free pre-ban usgi 30 round m16-ar15 mag. it will be a nice one and if you hit it on the head with the right x count I will send you two mags and I pay shipping.

man what was that score chris 495-24x does that mean I get 5 misses or I can only drop 5 points. oh by the way that 486-14x was that a educated guess or you have a cristal ball. lol

jc121
December 12, 2002, 08:54 PM
IamNotaNut : to be fair to you I will tell you this if we counted last weeks score you did not win so thats how fair I am so you get two more guesses!

oh and you squinch I heard that you wanted to bet me lunch on who has the best off-hand score. well you are on sounds like the roadhouse to me and a steak dinner. I hope I bring enough money!

Jeeper
December 14, 2002, 01:57 PM
I expect both sets of results posted by 6pm EST tomorrow. Otherwise we will have to fine you one extra magazine. :)

jc121
December 14, 2002, 04:12 PM
I will give you both scores tommorrow after I get home and anounce the winner.

it looks like two folks from the tfl will be there to see how I do. one even invited me to go pistol shooting this mourning and I had a blast. I'am even worse at pistols than rifles go figure?

get your friends on the tfl to get their scores in by 9 am mst as thats when it starts.
weather outlook for colorado springs tommorrow high 50's and slightly cloudy. about the same today but a little windy at times. did practice some today but its hard to hit that target in off hand with no sling and about 10 to 15mph winds hope its calm on sunday. I will even let the winner pick out the make of the mags like your choice will be from labell, adventureline, sanchez,okay, center or fn, (sorry no colts) on this deal.

oh and I had one email me the score and I think it was 488 or something like that from steve smith so just wanted to get that out so if he wins you know its on the up and up. and do not be surprized if I send second place something also. I'am feeling lucky. got my ammo set out and and coffee all ready to start in the mourning and have a half dozen of the crispy creme donuts ready for when I get up.

Borf
December 14, 2002, 06:56 PM
430 - 13x

What the heck. Can always use a mag :)

jc121
December 15, 2002, 04:33 PM
we have a winner that guessed the exact score but missed on the x count for todays 200 yard 50 shot reduced course match. so that person will be sent a nice pre-ban 30 round m16/ar15 mag. email me for you address and I will get it out for you.

oh ! you guys want to know the score.

the weather person did not know what they where doing when they predicted a nice day. it started off kinda chilly but not to bad but winds to start at between 15 and 20mph gusting up to about 25 at times. had 3moa on the rifle at one point and the wind did not start to let up untill we were almost threw the rapid prone stage. and then it just switched around a little for the slow prone 20 rounds.

funny I had the same x count as last week.

here are my scores for the different stages.

pueblo west last sat the weekend before.

96-2x
99-4x
97-3x
194-7x
total out of a possible 500 was 486-16x

todays score for frontier was as follows

99-4x
97-2x
96-0x
200-10x
total out of a possible of 500 was 492-16x

sorry about the 96-0x I new my sitting was a little low in the 10 ring because of the dark clouds that started to come over and when I went up to the line for rapid prone I forgot to go up 1/2 moa as I planned and it was a very nice tight group with 4 shots out at 6 o'clock about 1/4" to 1/2" out in the 9 ring.

only 1 shot I wished I had back and that was the only shot out of the black and that was the 8 in my rapid sitting.

so the winner was correia out of slc with a 492-8x

I will check later to see who came in 2nd.

we will do this again come spring when the weathers better.

IamNOTaNUT
December 15, 2002, 07:05 PM
jc121 - Nice shooting. You did much better than I expected as most people who talk the talk can't back it up. My apologies. And keep at it, I see high X-counts in your future! :D

jc121
December 15, 2002, 07:35 PM
blind rat sorry I thought you were going to get it but made a few mistakes that I'am working on.

trying to slow my rapid sitting down and get only good crisp smooth trigger pull but because of the thing between my ears I bangs the trigger and that causes me to take shots when its not exactly there.
and the other brain melt was not moving that dang sights up between my rapid sitting and rapid prone. knew when I saw the target and got back to the line I wanted to move it up but forgot and it cost me because the group should of been like a 100-6x or 7x.

next week I might do a 80 shot course but will wait and see.

shot the ar15 that I have not shot since june today and I hate it because I do not want to think it shoots better than my main gun. steve you would of liked to see the x ring in the slow prone out of the 10 x's 8 were all touching strung out across the middle of the x from left to right. wind caused but tried to keep up with it and only made about 5 changes threw the string.

jc121
December 15, 2002, 07:39 PM
whoops made a mistake last week was only 14x's sorry brain fade.
jon

Blind Rat
December 16, 2002, 12:20 AM
Double Dang!!
Dang, because I thought I had enough "inside information" to have a lock on winning.

And Dang again because I also shot a match today - A 600 yd NMC and I train wrecked my way to a lower score than you shot.

Here's the play by play;

200 yd Standing. Forgot to put on my hearing protection after hopping off the Bumper Dumper. Was reminded of this fact by the first shot of the day going off next to me. Scared me straight into an "8" and 9 for sighters and a brown spot on my BVD's (I still had a little left over I guess). So shook up my first record was also an 8. Dropped two 9's for a 96-3x.

200yd Sitting Rapid Sloppy on the trigger control for a 98-5x. Note to self; BlingBling Front Sight does not have magical effects on the Trigger Finger.

300yd Prone Rapid. Thought the sling felt a little loose while standing waiting to go down. Took it up a bit. (Never Never make those kinds of changes after establishing your Natural Point of Aim!) Dropped down into position to find that I could not get into the same position and worse yet, could not get my head behind the sight properly. Too late... Gritted my teeth and made do for a group that looked like buckshot across the target. 93-2x

600 yd Prone. Good wind call. Light consistent. Missed the shift after the boil and got behind on a fishtailing condition. Dropped 3-8's and a few nines as a result. 191-6x Finished string and bolted for the Bumper Dumper. What a time to find out you're Lactose Intolerant!

Total 478-16x - Too many brain farts (shooters on the next points say too many "other kinds" of farts too) to reach my goal of 485 - 16x. Final note to self; Beans the night before and using a carbide smoker are a bad combination.

jc121; That was mighty fine shooting at both matches! Do you find much difference in your scores when you shoot Full Distance vs 200yd reduced? ...and was that 200-10x on the MR52? I hear you folk in Colorado do things a little different on the targets.

jc121
December 16, 2002, 08:42 AM
blind rat I also thought you had it with last weeks score because we almost called it off because of trouble keeping the targets on but some tape and alot of stapples and we made it.

I do shoot across the course and because of the limited ranges here (only 2 full courses in co.) it is restricted to the summer mostly. I do like to travel around the state and try to get in at least 4 to 5 matches a month.

been doing this sport again since sept. of 2001.

my scores jumped from the mid 460's and low 470's to the 480's about 3 months ago.
have not had a opertunity to shoot but 1 full course since my scores have risen but I did take 2nd out of 35 shooters and they were some of the best in colo.

now as far as the targets go in those two matches the 486 was shot with all the correct targets. and with those targets I have been stuck between 484 and 489 and have been playing with alot of new holds and cants and the such but its time to get those things down before the season starts in the spring. do have hopes to get into the 98%to 99% by early summer and stay in the 97% on the xtc matches depending on conditions which are usually very windy here.

the match on sunday as you know with the inside info was all shot on the off-hand/rapid sitting target. the realistic score for my groups in that wind would of most likely been like the mid 480's.

yes the 8 x's scross the target would of still been all x's.

I have cleaned all the targets several times in the last few months with the exception of off hand but getting close to that also.

in sept. I won the state reduced prone championship with a 786-28x and they were fired on the standard targets. scores were 194-197 slow prone 198-197 rapid prone, in the last 2 months of matches my rapid sitting I have lost about 8 points out of a possible 700.

did finally get into a good club with a 600 yard range that I can practice on and as soon as the snows melt up there I plan on at least once a week trip to work on loads and the wind.

did shoot my backup rifle at this match on sunday working on my loads and because I just was not happy with the groups. its like yeah the scores were great but the groups were not tight enough and with the pac-nor and 77smk's even in the wind I came away very happy with the groups.

now you all know all my little secrets and come spring I will pick a match and let you all have another chance.

Correia
December 16, 2002, 12:09 PM
JC, you played us like a fiddle. :D

I'm glad I won, I can always use more magazines. I'll PM you my mailing address.

Steve Smith
December 17, 2002, 08:40 PM
Hey guys, I'm not dead, just "TDY." FYI, Jon and I are Highpower buddies and now (scary) roomates, so yeah, I was in on it all along. Don't ever bet against Jon...he always cheats.

:D

Oh, and Blind Rat...well, he's a Highpower nut too, but he's just weird...and a wannabe pimp.

Blind Rat
December 19, 2002, 08:05 AM
Jon,

I'm curious about how the reduced targets correlate to the full distance. We don't shoot much reduced out here, but I had read that the reduced targets were drawn up through trial and error 20 some odd years ago to give comparable scores to the full distance. Thus, the dimensions don't necessarily work out as a "true" reduction.

My thought was that the elimination of the "30 Caliber Rule" would have a greater impact on 223 shooters especially on Reduced Targets. The numbers say a 223 should lose a few points on reduced versus full distance now. I've been looking for more feedback on that situation. With that said, I've shot better scores the few times I've shot reduced matches versus Full distance.

I'll have to try shooting a course completely on the SR target for curiosity sake.

BTW, that 99 in Standing is Hard. Maybe Steevie can rub your Mojo and get some of that (now that you two are room mates).

Steevie, thanks for steering me to my new Bling Threads Supplier.
http://www.pimphats.com/images/000_000_000_btnsuit_silvblk.jpg
The threads are just what I needed to take me to High Master. BlingBling Yo!!

jc121
December 19, 2002, 08:39 AM
blind rat:
thank you for the compliment as I have been trying to work on the off hand and sitting alot lately at the cost to my prone scores but with alot of practice I hope to get my act together before spring and perry.

what I find is that I get better scores on the rapid prone at the regular distants of 300 but the 200 reduced on it is a killer sometimes.
not to sure with the 600 real distance as last summer most everytime I shot it before I got smart I had alot of pressure problems with my ammo . did change powders and loads and the last time out with in a heavy switching wind my scores were right there with the other top shooters that day.

as you know the off hand and rapid sitting is the same target but what gets me is that I like to take two loads to the matches one with 69's and one with 77's and I do prefere the 69's if the wind is not a factor but if it is windy I will shoot the 77's.

now accross the course I will shoot the 69's at 200, 77's at 300 and 80's at 600 but if it gets windy I will shoot 77's at 200 and 300. see you all later jon oh wher do you shoot at?

Steve Smith
December 20, 2002, 01:11 AM
For the record, I am not rubbing ANYTHING of Jon's. Mojo or not.

Jon, 194 in the slow prone? What happened, did you fall asleep?

Blind Rat
December 20, 2002, 04:58 AM
"Damn yo!
Steevie, Jon is the straight up mack daddy tip! You smell what I'm steppin' in? And since I be hearing what a standing biatch you be, you best be wishin the brutha spreads some of dat Standing luuuuv.