PDA

View Full Version : Am I contributing to TFL if I order SWAT magazine?

jamestech
November 4, 2002, 08:18 PM
I was just reflecting on how useful this forum is to me and I would like to contribute in some way, would ordering SWAT help at all?

Thanks

Tady45
November 4, 2002, 08:24 PM
Good question James,
As there is another mag that I like equally as much? Come to think of it, I haven't seen to many gun/knife mags that I did not like :D Actually, I think TFL owns SWAT .

Larry

sven
November 4, 2002, 08:44 PM
I'm happy that TFL has managed to steer clear of NPR-style 'we need your money' banner ads - or banner ads AT ALL for that matter.

Long live TFL!

Jamie Young
November 4, 2002, 10:05 PM
Rich Lucibella is the one to thank for TFL. He bought S.W.A.T. within the last 2yrs.

If you read the mag, and check out the S.W.A.T. forum, you can get one on one with some of the Staff. You can ask questions and make requests. Some of our TFL members and Moderators contribute to the magazine.:)

Where else can you do that?

Art Eatman
November 5, 2002, 12:16 AM
Rich pays for TFL out of one pocket; any profits from S.W.A.T. go into another pocket. S.W.A.T. is in many ways an extension of the concepts promulgated within TFL, with a more targeted audience.

He's a hunter and a shooter who's putting his money, time and energy where his mouth is. Hard to beat that, right?

:), Art

Schuey2002
November 5, 2002, 01:14 AM
I ordered a back issue of SWAT (Jan.2001) a few weeks ago....
Even though this issue was one of the "prior" owner mags they
still had a few copies in stock....
What other website can you talk to the Administrator of that website on the phone!

This site Rocks!;)

P.S. Thanks Rich for the back issue!

Brian

Rich Lucibella
November 5, 2002, 01:24 AM
Brian-
Glad you got it.
As to "Talking to me" on the phone....it was my pleasure.

jamestech-
It's a real toss-up as to which I'm more proud to be associated with: TFL or SWAT. For me, it's real hard to distinguish one from the other, except for delivery mode.

Tell you what:
- Hang out at TFL because you value it.
- Subscribe to S.W.A.T. only if it's worth it.
We can ask no more than that....but we can give a bit more....free samples:
https://www.swatmagazine.com/shop/cgi-bin/cp-app.cgi?&pg=cat&ref=cat_03

Rich

John G
November 5, 2002, 01:26 AM
Does SWAT every publish Oleg Volk photography? I might pick up a copy if they do...

Rich Lucibella
November 5, 2002, 01:41 AM
John-
"If...you might pick up a copy"

I don't mean to be offensive...but that's a bit insulting and we really don't need the $2.50 net that bad.....honest.

Yes, Oleg is a valued Member of Team S.W.A.T. and has contributed art and editorial. If what you're looking for is Oleg Volk art (it's real good) go to his web site (www.olegvolk.net). If what you're looking for is to direct a magazine's content, publish one.
Rich

Schuey2002
November 5, 2002, 02:41 AM
I'm so pleased with the service that i got(for 1 back issue)that
i'm going to subscribe to SWAT as soon as i get paid.....!

Any company with this level of customer satisfaction over something as simple as a $8.00 transaction,deserves
my full support......
:)

John G
November 5, 2002, 12:03 PM
"If you're looking to direct a magazine's content, publish one."
-Wow. You're right, that is offensive. I was just looking for a hard copy of Mr. Volk's artwork, and if that's my reason for buying your magazine, why not? I didn't know he was a contributor, and am sorry for any confusion. I didn't mean any insult, and didn't expect a scolding (especially from the big man) for my interest in SWAT magazine.

Rich Lucibella
November 5, 2002, 02:34 PM
No harm done...I think we're on the same page, now. (little pun)
Rich

jmlv
November 8, 2002, 10:31 AM
SWAT FORUM? I went to the web site but no luck. You know if I keep buying issues on the newsstand I may as well subscribe again<VBG>

Denny Hansen
November 8, 2002, 11:05 AM
JM-
Believe that this is the forum that was referred to earlier.
Denny

jmlv
November 8, 2002, 12:19 PM
Darn, Thought there was yet another good forum to check out<G>

C.R.Sam
November 9, 2002, 11:13 PM
:)

S

Slash in NC
January 11, 2005, 12:57 AM
OK I did it.....Just ordered my subscription. By the way I have bought newstand copies at Lowe's Foods Grocery stores in the Charlotte NC area.

kobun
January 11, 2005, 02:22 AM
Brian,
your not a subscriber?
Guess I'll have to call you and straighten you out a bit. :mad:

;)

Don Gwinn
January 11, 2005, 10:18 PM
Well, he wasn't . . . two years ago. :D

kobun
January 11, 2005, 11:57 PM
Don,