PDA

View Full Version : New Website Look

Denny Hansen
October 31, 2002, 06:24 PM
Rich asked for a dynamic new look for the S.W.AT. website. LetsFetz gave it to him--and then some.

Very cool! Check it out. http://swatmagazine.com/

C.R.Sam
November 9, 2002, 11:18 PM
Tommy good.

Sam

sven
November 10, 2002, 12:37 AM
Love it. Black = tactical.

One slight complaint: the banner ads refresh VERY quickly. Is this a new 'feature'? I guess we all gotta make a buck.

Rich Lucibella
November 10, 2002, 09:29 AM
Thanks-
The banner ads:
Actually, we don't charge for the banners. They're free to our current advertisers. Since we have lots, they have to refresh fairly often: 12 Seconds for the large banner isn't too much...I hope.

Additionally, you'll not that we had the taste to place them at the bottom of the screen.
Rich

OF
November 10, 2002, 10:35 AM
Loooooking goooooood!

- Gabe

sven
November 10, 2002, 01:42 PM
I don't mind the banner ads - what a great perk for those buying ads in the magazine!

My main complaint was actually that my browser was set to make a 'click' noise every time the page refreshes... I can fix that on my end.

=)

Rich Lucibella
November 10, 2002, 01:46 PM
Ouch...
That would get annoying. What Browser/version are you using. I want to look into that.
Rich

AAshooter
November 10, 2002, 05:11 PM
Looks great . . . nicely done!

Rich Lucibella
November 10, 2002, 05:20 PM
All credit goes to Tommy and the guys at www.prodg.cc
Shooters, too!
Rich

sven
November 10, 2002, 08:40 PM
Windows 2000 professional, IE 6.0.2800.1106

The problem is that, by default, Windows has a 'Start Navigation' sound of 'start', which is this clicking noise. This happens everytime a new page loads.

I turned it off in the "Sounds and Multimedia Properties" control panel.

Rich: any chance I can get SWAT delivered in a tactical black shrink wrap? My Stanford-attending, granola eating, vegetarian, 'we can save the world with love' roomates probably would freak out if they saw SWAT come in the mail.

If not, maybe it is time they get shocked, anyhow.

Rich Lucibella
November 10, 2002, 10:05 PM
Well, I'd consider it...
'cept I have a special place in my heart for Stanford. They rejected me, while I was accepted at Chicago and Wharton. Ever since, I've believed they were worthy of sympathy!
I might have come out a different person....NOT!
:D
Rich

C.R.Sam
November 11, 2002, 01:42 AM
But you ARE a "different" person...

For the good.

Sam